Show Off Your Videos!

Comments

• NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    MY NEW VIDEO WHERE I TALK ABOUT BORDUM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BItsgLlfzjU
    by NerdWriterFighter
  • NackPTNackPT Posts: 41
    I make a horror web series called ProfeThor.

There's some news coming about it that regards the ending.

I know it's bad. We're doing something that'll make it better that may involve restarting it.
  • JustinPerryJustinPerry Posts: 23
    @Gnaist and @theletterfifteen how do you imbed your videos like that? 
    Anyway, I'm over here, 
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,830 Admin
    @JustinPerry: Just put the direct link to the youtube video into the text box. It should automatically embed the video. :)
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    @Gnaist Thank you! Here goes nothing.....

• theletterfifteentheletterfifteen Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Here's my newest video: 
    by theletterfifteen
    I never posted these here...

Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭
    So I discovered an old video that was originally recorded on VHS and my dad some how managed to transfer to DVD. I did some editing and posted it on YouTube.

Given that this was filmed almost 19 years ago and I don't remember even making it I probably have a different perspective of what this movie was actually about than 10 year old me did when he made it. Arnold Manson is from another universe that has never seen war. Their scientific advancements went towards helping people rather than hurting them. This is a metaphor of how I wish the world was. He lost his hand in other universe that is constantly at war. Their scientific advancements are devoted solely to creating weapons. This is a metaphor for how I view the real world to be. I'll explain more after you watch the video so as not to spoil it.

Are you done watching the video yet? If not then why are you reading this already? Finish the video then scroll down. Now are you done watching the video? I hope so this is the end of your spoiler bumper.

So the ending in which Arnold finds a magical McGuffen that some how fits perfectly to his mechanical hand turning it human again is a metaphor for my desire to decrease world suck. He lost his hand due to violence and war and the magical device healed his wound completely as if it never happened. Basically a metaphor for my unrealistic expectations for medical science. The ability to instantly heal any wound, even the loss of a limb. Which again is how I wish the world actually worked.

Though not seen in this video, Arnold's right hand was cut off just below the elbow. His jacket covers it mostly because then you would of seen my real hand working the triggers for the prop. Despite getting his hand back in this video some time later his right arm was cut off at the shoulder. He's not able to get back to his own universe because he also suffered a head injury that caused some memory loss. He doesn't actually know how to work his portal device properly. However he did return to his own universe some time recently.

I've been developing this guy's story for a long time. It got a lot more interesting as I got older. Though for some reason I never actually got around to writing any of it down, it's just kind of floated around in my head.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • NerdWriterFighterNerdWriterFighter HogwartsPosts: 167 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    New video where I talk about fictional crushes! :D

by gnaist
  • AricClarkAricClark Portland, ORPosts: 3
    edited March 2015
    I am really brand new at this, but here is my most recent video.

by AricClark
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I've been thinking about this for a little while now....
    Prince of the Last Ones
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • I open a lot of subscription boxes. A LOT. Here is the most recent Nerd Block box.

• ARTexplainsARTexplains Iowa, USAPosts: 23
    edited May 2015
    I made this video about the Gambler's Fallacy, or why people think they can beat games of chance!

by ARTexplains
    I've just started a series of videos where I film every day and put it together every 27 days... Sorta like the Pretentious Monthly Scrapbook videos: 
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • PeechizPeechiz ATXPosts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Here is this week's video for my brand-spankin new youtube channel in which roommates tell you what games to play!

We're proud of the whole team on this one, and our music guy KILLED IT this week.

by Peechiz
  • Kaitee232Kaitee232 Philadelphia, PAPosts: 19
    Hi everyone! This isn't my video directly, but it would mean a lot of you watched it and shared it via social media. We're trying to get as many people as we can to watch it so we can raise awareness for the cause.
    Kaitee232 said:
    Hi everyone! This isn't my video directly, but it would mean a lot of you watched it and shared it via social media. We're trying to get as many people as we can to watch it so we can raise awareness for the cause.
    Two things.

1. That is not a walking stick that a blind person would actually use. It's too long for a person of his size and too bulky for that use. If he were to accidentally hit someone with that thing it could actually do some damage. That looks like it would actually hold some weight and the cap on the end also suggests it was meant as a sort of crutch not something a blind person would ever use. Real ones are actually much thinner, made of plastic not metal as that one appears to be, and aren't nearly that long. Either he should be a foot taller or the cane should be a foot shorter. It should also be painted white not be a regular silver cane.

2. He might have some vision problems but he can't be totally blind. He's wearing glasses which if he was blind would do absolutely nothing. Blind people do tend to wear sun glasses, not the prescription vision aid kind he's wearing. Though the sun glasses are actually for the benefit of others and do nothing for the blind person wearing them. They're to prevent other people from seeing their eyes as they're often looking in different directions or discolored. This isn't true of every blind person, some have perfectly normal looking eyes. It all depends on what caused the blindness. But there's absolutely no reason for a blind person to be wearing prescription glasses as they would only help him if he was at least partially sighted.

This would mean that not only is the cane fake but if he's able to see with those glasses on then he wouldn't even need a cane at all. It also might be possible that he only wore the glasses for the video but that doesn't explain why the cane is so unusually large as it's not a cane a blind person would actually use. Dare Devil's cane looks more realistic than that one.

Not saying the cause is fake. From personal experience I know that most parents of disabled children don't really like putting their kids in the spotlight like this. My step son's class has special privileges because of this. They still take school photos like the rest of the kids but their pictures only get set home to their parents. None of the pictures even show up in the year book without parent's permission. No class photos either because they have to have the permission of every parent in the class to print any photos of those kids. They're very protective of their rights to privacy. I only bring this up because it's entirely possible they couldn't get a real blind person to appear on camera. It's actually surprising difficult to do.

It's most likely to protect them from discrimination. Though I kind of feel like in protecting them from it they're causing it. I mean people might be more accepting of the disabled if they were allowed to see them as normal people rather than keeping them hidden from the rest of the world. I actually find most people, at least in my area, are pretty accepting of the disabled. They don't even really seem to notice that my step son is disabled. They just think he's really quiet and well behaved but actually he can't talk or move much. I'm sure he probably would run around screaming if he could. Though now that we've started actually bringing his wheelchair with us everywhere we go because he's gotten too big to carry, it might be a little more obvious. Still after 7 years I have yet to hear anyone other than his own biological father speak badly of him.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    edited June 2015
    Here's my latest video: 
    by theletterfifteen
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm very pleased with this one:
    OK this is not my video but considering I have a disabled step son I had to share this.

There are several over videos of this from different angles but basically the dude parked in a Handicapped spot, there's nothing wrong with him, and people did this to his car.
    Happy Esther Day everyone!

Prince of the Last Ones
  • ParkerSinclairParkerSinclair Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Hey! I just found this thread, and I'm new to making videos, too. 

I try to keep it optimistic, and in this one, I discuss doing things that scare you... but in a good way. 
    I know I talk slow in this one, but it's unscripted. Check out some of my other vids for faster talking!
    by ParkerSinclair
    Prince of the Last Ones