Michigan gathering?

2»

Comments

• IrisJuneIrisJune Posts: 7
    IrisJune said:
    I live in Clarkston, but go to Rochester every day for college at OU. id be in favor of a gathering of some sort. and what facebook group are you speaking of?

I'm sitting in the OC right now. Go Oakland University!

@IrisJune akdjfhaskjhfaksjfhlaksjdfhaklsdjfhakdjfhakjdfhakjdshfasdfkjahsdfklajsdhf OMG
    all 3 of us should totally meet up sometime

Agreed! I'm on campus Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.
  • nathans115nathans115 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    IrisJune said:
    IrisJune said:
    I live in Clarkston, but go to Rochester every day for college at OU. id be in favor of a gathering of some sort. and what facebook group are you speaking of?

I'm sitting in the OC right now. Go Oakland University!

@IrisJune akdjfhaskjhfaksjfhlaksjdfhaklsdjfhakdjfhakjdfhakjdshfasdfkjahsdfklajsdhf OMG
    all 3 of us should totally meet up sometime

Agreed! I'm on campus Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.
    Alright, well I'm on campus every weekday, so probably any day would work for me @shakeandblake92 how about you?
    "Can't pee against the wind? Eat a Slice!" - Olan Rogers
  • TimeLadyKaitTimeLadyKait Posts: 20
    I would love to have a gathering at some point, I'm currently in East Lansing (MSU student)
    "You gave me a forever within the numbered days"
  • kaylackaylac Posts: 1
    I'm in Jackson so I think Lansing is a good idea
  • lilliroselillirose Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    TimeLadyKait said:
    I would love to have a gathering at some point, I'm currently in East Lansing (MSU student)
    kaylac said:
    I am also at MSU.  Are you guys part of the Mi Nerdfighter facebook group? We plan gatherings for this area there sometimes although I personally have only been to one because the planing seems to be mostly within one specific group of people...   What are your weekend schedules like? 

lillirose said:
    TimeLadyKait said:
    kaylac said:
    I am also at MSU.  Are you guys part of the Mi Nerdfighter facebook group? We plan gatherings for this area there sometimes although I personally have only been to one because the planing seems to be mostly within one specific group of people...   What are your weekend schedules like? 
    Yeah, I am. And my weekends are always free...
  • lilliroselillirose Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    lillirose said:
    TimeLadyKait said:
    kaylac said:
    that must be nice!  and i wasn't trying to like...knock the people who plan those things, I just always find about such things a few hours before they happen and by then it's too late to change plans and go lol.   You wanna try to plan something this weekend?

lillirose said:
    lillirose said:
    TimeLadyKait said:
    kaylac said:
    that must be nice!  and i wasn't trying to like...knock the people who plan those things, I just always find about such things a few hours before they happen and by then it's too late to change plans and go lol.   You wanna try to plan something this weekend?
    Depends on where, but sure!
  • dragonscales07dragonscales07 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    I live near Detroit, suburban area. I think it would be awesome if we could have a gathering here. Won't be able to attend for a couple years though. I've got strict parents, who don't let me do anything:(
    Er. Yes, I'm a bit awkward. Just a bit.
  • A Michigan nerdfighter gathering would be spectacular in all kinds of different ways! But I live in Houghton (the real one; the cold frozen one; the one WAY up north; the NOT HOUGHTON LAKE one), so getting to it would be a bit of a challenge.

Since I'm originally from the Detroit / Ann Arbor area, though, at certain times of year (holidays, sometimes summer) I could conceivably get to downstate events. Or other times if I can persuade a friend or two to go along and share the cost of gas.
    This message has been approved by your friendly neighborhood Trippmeister.
    I make things on YouTube. So far only music, but probably other things eventually.
    No animals were harmed in the making of this message, although quite a few electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
  • NoramINoramI Posts: 3
    I sincerely adore the idea of a Michigan gathering. It would be perfect to meet so many awesome people. I agree that breaks would be best (Winter or Summer, particularly.) 
    Also, getting people in the area to host out of town people would be great, since room rent at hotels are insane. 
    Lastly, Traverse City/Houghton Nerd Fighter FTW. 
  • ericfreefericfreef Posts: 2
    I'm in Ann Arbor, and I'd love to have a gathering of some kind. There's a University of Michigan nerdfighter group that I helped form a few months ago as well, so if any of you are at U of M you should come to our meetings!
  • NicNic Posts: 2
    Anybody else think that there should be a road trip to Mackinac Island over the summer for a Michigan Nerdfighter Extravaganza?
  • TheTrippmeisterTheTrippmeister Posts: 15
    Road trip to Mackinac Island... I sense a serious flaw in that plan! :P

But really, I think this is a fantastic idea and we should do it.
    This message has been approved by your friendly neighborhood Trippmeister.
    I make things on YouTube. So far only music, but probably other things eventually.
    No animals were harmed in the making of this message, although quite a few electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
  • NicNic Posts: 2
    Well, you drive to the port where the ferry is...

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT! :P
  • EllenMEllenM United StatesPosts: 31
    Kalamazoo-ish. Marcellus to be more specific. I don't think I could make it to a Lansing gathering, but let me know if there will be a gathering! 
    Ellen M
  • LexiIsaacLexiIsaac Posts: 1
    I'm from Flint ish area. Well, Fenton. Its a suburb. Anyways. I love the idea of this!
  • stephfro23stephfro23 Posts: 44
    I'm from central Upper Peninsula of Michigan, anyone hail from round abouts? A U.P. nerfighter gathering might just make my head explode.
  • cmarabatecmarabate Posts: 1
    I'm interested if it is on a weekend and not too far from Warren.
  • Captain_majorCaptain_major Posts: 5
    Live near Grand Rapids but attending western in the fall. Yes gatherings!!
  • fergy997fergy997 Posts: 7
    I live in the Holland area so a grand rapids gathering would work well for me.
  • Any Body live near detroit or westland? and had john or hank ever been to Detroit, Michigan 
    Megan Cser 
  • ShaXan said:

I am super in favor of this. I'm in Ann Arbor.

I live about 20 mins away in westland. Meet up Maybe?
    Megan Cser 
  • Awesome idea! I am from Kalamazoo but my parents like in metro Detroit, so east or west is great with me. If we find a place to gather, what should we do? It would be cool if we could find some big volunteer project to be a part of...

Live about 5 mins from the airport in detroit. We totally need to gather up sometime 
    Megan Cser 
  • geekfighterprincessgeekfighterprincess MichiganPosts: 5
    A gathering in Michigan would be absolutely amazing
    I live in a town call Farmington Hills in the metro Detroit area
    ps. i feel a bit weird posting this
     because it seems like most of you guys are in college
     while i'm only a freshman in high school
    No EEEEdge - Hank Green
  • illbakeyourbreadillbakeyourbread michigan usa Posts: 3
    i live in leonard but go to school in pontiac and i would LOVE to  meet up sometime
    , i havent found any other nerdfighters : (