Language Exchange, anyone?

Comments

• musickitten101musickitten101 TokyoPosts: 481 ✭✭✭
    Hi. I speak English fluently and I've been studying Spanish for 4.5 years now. I also speak Japanese (although I pretty much suck at it.) Anyone want to pair up?
  • randomradiationrandomradiation SingaporePosts: 392 ✭✭✭
    @poppylove Sure, no problemo. :)
    Please @ me if you want to say something to me! | Instigator of the Last Ones | I live in the Land of the Last Ones

"When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him."    -Isaac, The Fault in Our Stars, John Green 
  • poppylovepoppylove Posts: 52
    @poppylove Sure, no problemo. :)
    Awesome sauce! :)
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." - Nietzsche 

• MarielleMaddenMarielleMadden Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Another native English speaker. I have a really poor command of Spanish (since I took it in High School and we all know how much that's worth...), and I'm taking my third year of Japanese right now, but 私は日本語の悪い話す. I really do suck. Unrelated, I'm also super interested in learning Latin or French as well...
    by MarielleMadden
    You can just call me Elle, it sounds much friendlier~!
    [my tumblr image my youtube]

• SparklingOrangeSparklingOrange Posts: 34
    edited November 2012
    I'm a native English speaker and I am currently taking Spanish in school and speak it on an intermediate level. So, I can teach English or basic Spanish, but I could also use some help with Spanish from native speakers/people who speak it fluently. I used to be able to speak French on a very basic level, but now my knowledge is all but gone. I'd like to re-learn though! I'd also really love to learn Portuguese, if anyone would care to teach me. Honestly, I'd love to do this with any language, but with anything other than Spanish we'd have to start from the beginning. @ or PM me if you are interested in trading languages. DFTBA! 
    by SparklingOrange
    I want to go on adventures I think; not get stuck in one place.
  • ZeinounZeinoun Beirut, LebanonPosts: 39
    Next week I'm doing a German official exam! If I pass (which hopefully I will) I will be rated in the C1 section in the Language according to European standards, I think that means that I will master German as a foreign language. Wish me luck! 

@theKrentner !نعم! أنا أتكلم اللغة العربية. إنها لغتي الأم  Nice to meet someone who's learning arabic, and may i ask, why do you learn arabic, its something that gets me curious whenever someone tells me Im learning arabic? I dont know about you but i find learning arabic very hard, even though its my mother language. I would love to train arabic with you, anytime you want. Also if you have any text or writing task that you need a hand in just tell me! Its so cool that you speak all the languages I do :P Since when do you learn German?

@miacomet I'm gonna start taking french classes this December! It will be really nice if we could exchange French-German experience, I think both languages need practice more than just studying!! anytime :D Im a really a beginner in french so its like grade 1 for french educated people :P

DFTBA
  • ve2dmnve2dmn Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I'm native French (Canadian) and I'm trying to learn Japanese. (Trip planned in November 2013)

I could help with french, but I'm not really good with grammar in any language.
    Truth resists simplicity.” ― John Green.
  • sherlocknessmonstersherlocknessmonster Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    I speak English and Spanish fluently, and I'd be interested in learning either Gaelic or Italian, if anyone can help me out with that. :)
    by sherlocknessmonster
  • theKrentnertheKrentner Posts: 4
    @Zeinoun I'm learning Arabic because i think it's a beautiful language and I would love to live/work in the Middle East someday. I've been learning German for the last seven years. Are you learning French for anything specifically?

Viel Glück auf dein Exam!
    seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly
  • KrisKris GeorgiaPosts: 13
    The only language I speak fluently is English. I took three years of Spanish between middle school and my first two years of high school. That was years ago now, though, and I feel I've forgotten most of it. If someone would be so kind as to help me with my Spanish, I'd be delighted.
  • BananaBatBananaBat Posts: 97 ✭✭
    I'm a native English speaker. I took Spanish for three years in high school and I'm about to finish my first semester of Italian at university, and I'm not confident with either language so I'd love to have someone who could help me. 
    Who cares about normal? Remember the talking monkeys...
  • wessellswessells Posts: 69
    Why aren't there any Esperanto nerdfighters to be found?

I'd love to learn some Esperanto (I'm quite bad at it). 

I can help people with both Dutch and I'm quite good at English so I can correct the things in English.
  • IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I'ed really like a french exchange. Fluent English, on my 3rd year of French-I don't excel.  Although I don't have anything to contribute.. I can understand spoken Urdu and Hindi, but I can't write or read it. Anyway to advertise this board on the non-english speaker section of the site?

@MacNasty would you be interested in french exchanging? I am a b student and I don't retain much..I think having to speak to someone in french would help.
    by IronAnimation
    Have a pleasant day
  • ZeinounZeinoun Beirut, LebanonPosts: 39
    @theKrentner that's really awesome! Arabic can be nice at times, but trust me as an arabian student especially in middle school, you learn how to get easily annoyed by the subject "arabic" but with time you will go back to your senses and start appreciating it :) 7 years! So you're fluent in german too! Well, french is important where I live, its almost the second official language of the country! So one kinda needs to learnt it :P Vielen Dank!!
  • MacNastyMacNasty Posts: 113 ✭✭
    @IronAnimation Sure, I would be glad to help. We just need to figure out how exactly we would do this now.
    @IronAnimation I'm not sure if you still want to do this, but if you do, would it be over skype or something along those lines? Or just typing?
  • celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    wessells said:
    Why aren't there any Esperanto nerdfighters to be found?

I'd love to learn some Esperanto (I'm quite bad at it). 

I can help people with both Dutch and I'm quite good at English so I can correct the things in English.
    Maybe because the language isn't very well known? It's very interesting linguistically. How did you start learning Esperanto?
  • KelliKelli TexasPosts: 2,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zentouro I'm trying to teach myself Mandarin! If you're free, I'd love to practice sometime with you. (:
    I make videos 
    "Nerd like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff."
    I live in the land of the Last Ones

• zentourozentouro New York, NYPosts: 76 ✭✭
    @Kelli i'd be more than happy to help out! 

other places i live

• alyssarosealyssarose Posts: 21
    I speak English fluently, and am pretty proficient in Spanish, but would love to practice with someone! I know that most people here are also in a similar situation, but if you want to practice Spanish with another non-native, I'd totally be up for that too!
  • ShioriShiori Posts: 5
    Hey! I've been studying Japanese for 8 years now, and can always use the extra practice to improve! I'm a native English speaker, but could also help those beginning Japanese! Any native Japanese who could help me out, どもうありがとうございます〜
    Shining Genji: the name was imposing, but not so its bearer's many deplorable lapses
  • KaessirAddajKaessirAddaj Xalapa, Veracruz, MexicoPosts: 39
    Hi, I'm a mexican nerdfighter, so I speak Spanish, but I'm also quite good with English (not perfect, but I spend most of my time on the internet, so I have tons of "practice"); so, if any of you have any questions about spanish, feel free to ask! ;)

Forsooth! I concot an elixir of courage!
  • Is anyone up for helping me learn Korean? I know just the very basics...
    I am fluent in both English and Spanish
    You don't tell the deranged mind to save itself.
  • themiragechildthemiragechild Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    English is the only language I'm fluent in, but I've been learning Chinese my entire life, and I'm still very bad at it, mostly because I've never had a good teacher.
    by themiragechild
    I like things. Lots of things. Like, so many things. It's ridiculous how many things I like. I surely do like a lot of things.
  • celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I'm throwing this out here since I messaged some people and never heard back. I'm studying/have studied Japanese, Chinese, Korean, German and Spanish. I'm fluent in English. If anyone wants to practice reading/writing skills, please message me!
  • FranciscoJxLFranciscoJxL Posts: 12
    edited December 2012

Hello, everyone! I'm from Panama, I'm a native Spanish speaker and have been speaking English for about three years now (studied it in school since I can remember, but it sucked there, so most of my learning is from TV and the Internet, especially YouTube). I'd be more than glad to help anyone with their Spanish, even if I don't get anyhing in exchange, so don't hesitate to @ reply or PM me! ^-^
    I'd love to learn Japanese, German and, on the extremely rare ocassion anyone happens to speak/know it, I'm in for Welsh as well (also, a bunch of other languages, but mainly those three). DFTBA! ^-^

by FranciscoJxL
    I'm starting to learn Scottish Gaelic right now, not very well at it yet but I found a place with the basics, so if anyone would like to learn with me, it would be much obliged!
  • larklark Posts: 83
    I'm a bit older than most of you guys (scary person in their late twenties xD), but if anyone's learning German (or English) I could probably help out. I'm learning Norwegian nowadays, but wouldn't say no to Dutch, French or Slovak (learned all of them in the past, am a mite rusty).
  • nelkatnelkat Posts: 32
    @wessells I had some Esperanto years ago, but after the classes I never actually used it, so all I remember is Saluton and Viro vidas hundojn. Something like that. Wanna (re-)start learning it together?^^

As for other languages, I can help with German and English, and I would love to get help with Japanese (had 2 years of evening classes so far) and Finnish (had it for only one semester, and I already forgot most of it - I still have my book though). Also, Irish Gaelic would be super interesting, I'm currently in Ireland on exchange and have picked up a few words and pronunciations (OMG, what's up with Irish names?!), but really not enough to do anything with it.