Language Exchange, anyone?

Comments

• CandinosCandinos IcelandPosts: 2,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JustKim said:
    @candinos never to late ;) the problem is to find a time where everyone is online :S do you already speak german? :)
    nope, I was always very good at avoiding it during uni, a fact i now regret. 
    I make collab vlogs with 5 amazing people! Here, have a look.
    "The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it..."  -Dr. Horrible 
    Flirt of the Last Ones
     "I am in love with Solvi, I dream about him cooking naked"  -ashsayshello
  • JustKimJustKim Posts: 276 ✭✭
    @candinos that might be a problem because everyone in the group already speaks german...
    @JustKim ahh, well.. uhm. I'm a quick learner.. ? :P
    Flirt of the Last Ones
  • JustKimJustKim Posts: 276 ✭✭
    well we can try ;) whats your skype?
    solvi.fannar.sigmarsson
    Flirt of the Last Ones
  • MacNastyMacNasty Posts: 113 ✭✭
    I'm hoping to learn Japanese, if anyone is willing to teach... I know a good deal of French, although I'm no master of the language, and would be willing to help out with that.
  • SnufflesdogSnufflesdog Posts: 65 ✭✭
    kantanda said:
    Hi, 

I'm a bilingual (Polish/English) and I teach foreign language by profession. 
    I teach Japanese, English, Polish and Esperanto. I basically love learning languages, so if you need any help, I'd gladly learn a bit of your language. Beside hardcore teaching/learning exchanges - I also fancy just chatting about different cultures in English. 

Looking forward to meeting you! :)
    I would love to learn Esperanto. Japanese or Polish would be alright as well, but first I would like to learn Esperanto. I am about as proficient in Esperanto as a four year old, and I have no knowledge of Japanese or Polish. I could help you with your English as a native speaker, or introduce you to Spanish as a third year student if you like.
  • katie_newmankatie_newman Ontario CanadaPosts: 120 ✭✭
    this is an amazing idea I think we should make sections so there can be the language you know and the language you want to learn so it's more organised and everyone can find what language they want to learn

"Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying" ~Baba Ram Dass

• FishyFishy Posts: 14
    I am trying to learn Welsh at the moment so any help with that would be amazing!!! I only speak English i'm afraid and beginner level German as i learnt it for 4 years but I am very rusty with it. 
  • Hi! I'm French and fluent in English, so if anyone needs help... Let me know! 
  • inthislifeinthislife Posts: 35
    edited August 2013
    Hey :) I speak English (American) but would like to improve my Mandarin Chinese (5 years of formal study) and Tagalog (Filipino) for a trip to the Philippines that I'll be taking next year. Feel free to message me :D
    by inthislife
  • UmusingsUmusings Posts: 10
    I speak hindi fluently, can't really write it though, and am a fairly good spanish speaker (managed a one week trip in Peru)
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭
    I speak fluent British English, and am currently learning Latin. I did French for 5 years (to GCSE level), and I don't like the speed at which I seem to be losing it. If anyone can help me with either of those languages, that would be great. I can't currently do anything with video/audio because my computer is quite old, but I am hopefully getting a new one for christmas. And although now is totally the wrong time for me to thinking of taking up anything new, both Polish and Icelandic interest me for entirely different reasons. 
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• FrenchTheLinguistFrenchTheLinguist Nr. Bristol, UKPosts: 16
    Hi! I love languages, so it was great to find this thread - I speak English natively, I'm doing French and Spanish A-levels (in the UK) and I'm about to start proper German lessons, although I know lots of random bits and pieces already. I could help with English and basic French/Spanish, although I wouldn't say no to a more advanced speaker of either of those two practising with me! I'd also like to find someone I can practise German with. However, I don't have Skype. Will this be a problem?
  • NotWeirdGiftedNotWeirdGifted BelgiumPosts: 70

Was the original plan speaking or writing?

Because @FrenchTheLinguist ;I've had some French in class, but I haven't spoken/written in it for a while and i'd love to write to you in it (I mean emailing)

I don't really have the confidence to talk and you don't have a Skype, so I thought this may work.

I'm somewhere between "sure" and "I don't know, maybe" - Lights (where the fence is low)

@NotWeirdGifted I'd love to write to you in French - but I'm afraid that many years of being told to "not give my email address to strangers" has kicked in! Perhaps we could message each other on here?
    @FrenchTheLinguist That's a great idea :)

I'm somewhere between "sure" and "I don't know, maybe" - Lights (where the fence is low)

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭
    @NotWeirdGifted and @FrenchTheLinguist; Can I join you? I'm a bit rusty because I haven't done French for a year or so, but I'd love to up to scratch. 
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

@Vicki, If @FrenchTheLinguist doesn't mind, you can join :)

It's been a year for me too so i have absolutly no idea how it will turn out :p

@NotWeirdGifted @Vicki Of course I don't mind! :)
  • I wonder if this page is still active..?

@abcdefghij_123456789

What do you mean by still active? if I were you i'd just post what you'd be willing to do, and then i'd scroll aroud searching for people were no one reacted on (is that even a sentence? ö)

Good luck!

If anyone else is up for French, I'm still up for that
    @MacNasty, my French isn't great either, but we could help each other out? (and for your information, if my English sucks you can say that too)

• MarijaMarija CroatiaPosts: 20
    edited September 2013
    Hi,
    I speak Croatian, English, bit of German and Latin. If someone can help me with my English I would really apriciate it.
    I would also like to learn Spanish and improve my (read: learn) German.
    Anyone? :)

I can help with Croatian, but I highly doubt that someone have a need for Croatian.
    by Marija

@Marija I don't really see why you need help with your English, to me it sounds fine (but I'm not a native speaker so what do I know...)

I wish I could help you otherwise, but I only know Dutch very well, French a little (not enough to help people), and I can't even talk German (although I did get that in school Ö)

Good luck though :)

• MarijaMarija CroatiaPosts: 20
    edited September 2013
    @NotWeirdGifted thanks :)
    My English is pretty good, but I think that if I corresponded with native English speakers more it would get better. And I would like to improve it :)
    by Marija
    @NotWeirdGifted Coolio, how do you want to go about doing this, then?

@Marija That's right, and good luck with it :)

• FischFisch GermanyPosts: 4
    I'm a native German speaker and I would love to correspond with someone in French or Portuguese! :)