LGBT Nerdfighers!

Hello fellow LGBT Nerdfighters.
Shall we introduce ourselves?

I'm Blake from Rochester, MI.  I'm FtM and the President of my university's GSA.

Comments

• shakeandblake92shakeandblake92 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Also, should we do things as an LGBT Nerdfighter collective to decrease world suck?  Such as meet up to volunteer or raise money for LGBT charities?  We can also discuss John and Hank's LGBT views and related videos, LGBT aspects of John's books, and maybe do some educational things to help the Nerdfighter community be more LGBT friendly?
  • bethanybethany Posts: 8
    hello hello! I'm Bethany, trying to figure out what word I want to use to identify by but for now we'll just go with pansexual. Happy to the point of tears that Maryland (my state) just legalized gay marriage.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    YAYYYY Maryland =D  I've always said that choosing identities isn't important so don't worry if there isn't one that fits perfectly.  I just usually say mine for pronoun reasons.  
  • AlexAlex DCPosts: 178 ✭✭✭
    I myself am not LGBT but many of my best friends are and sometimes I wish I were.
    The British Non-Tea Drinking Society (American branch) - All of the awesome, none of the tea.
  • AdrienneAdrienne Posts: 25
    Hey, I'm Adrienne. I'm asexual and panromantic, and I'm from California. Nice to meet you both.
    I like sandwiches
    in my hand which is
    right here.
    Welcome, Adrienne and Alex.  =]
  • I'm Sarah, from MA. Currently residing in the mountains of northern NH. I am not sure whether I am bisexual or pansexual, but I identify with both. I am genderqueer, more specifically bigender, although most people view me as female. Is there a way to make groups within the website? It might be helpful if we want to do things like meetups and charities and projects and such. Also, HI EVERYONE! :]
    Hello Sarah!
    The British Non-Tea Drinking Society (American branch) - All of the awesome, none of the tea.
  • TaloreTalore Posts: 32
    Hey there, I'm Colm and I'm bi/pansexual. I'm really happy that more US states are now allowing equal marriage! Also Hank's relatively recent video about human sexuality is awesome as it is clear and concise, a great video to share those that don't understand.
    Colm. Nerdfighter. Social activist. Pagan. Warrior-poet.
    The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. -John Muir
  • Hey, I'm Ash! An ftm from Ireland :3 I'm a musician and currently hoping to start some kind of awareness through music program to raise money here!
  • SuibhneSuibhne Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Greetings. I don't really identify myself as LGBT necessarily, but I'm pretty open and comfortable about my sexuality. I also never really ponder much about my own sexuality or the sexuality of others. Seems a superfiscal difference that I don't invest much time into.

With all of that, I will say that I'm proud to live in Washington State where we just approved Initiative-74 (Same-Sex Marriage). Recently had a conversation with a conservative gentleman who said that the notion of approving same-sex marriage will usher in people marrying animals and inanimate objects (he specifically said horse or copy machine),. I said I didn't think that the union of two hominids with the same chromosomal combination would be a stepping stone to transpecies union. Humanity disappoints me at times. The same fellow, who I met at a work function in California, said that Prop-37 was pointless.

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,827 Admin
    Hey everyone, I'm Mike, also from California. @shakeandblake92 It's awesome that you started this thread!

And I agree with @Talore that Hank's video about human sexuality was super awesome. One of the myriad reasons why I love Hank. (That and he's cute!)
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • halfspicehalfspice Posts: 42
    Hi hi, I'm Hannah from Vancouver and I'm a wee baby queer with a big interest (personal and political) in the LGBTQ community. 
  • Hank's recent video on human sexuality was brill! I really appreciated it, because my friend kept saying that I couldn't identify as both male and female because I am too, and I quote, 'lipstick lesbian.' GAH! What else are you all into? Doctor Who, anyone? Starkids? Supernatural? Vampire Diaries? Theatre? I am so overwhelmed by all there is to do on this website, I don't even know where to start...
    I am so overwhelmed by all there is to do on this website, I don't even know where to start...
    Me too... Who knew there could be so much awesome in one place?
    Hank's recent video on human sexuality was brill! I really appreciated it, because my friend kept saying that I couldn't identify as both male and female because I am too, and I quote, 'lipstick lesbian.' GAH! What else are you all into? Doctor Who, anyone? Starkids? Supernatural? Vampire Diaries? Theatre? I am so overwhelmed by all there is to do on this website, I don't even know where to start...
    THE VIDEO WAS AMAZING.  
    Do any of you follow any LGBTQ vlogs?
  • ElizabethMarchElizabethMarch USAPosts: 26
    Hello people, my name's Marissa and I'm from NY, and I'm pansexual/probably-mostly-gay. Great idea with this thread!
  • Hello everyone! My name is Jess and I am bi and somewhat genderneutral but leaning more towards feminine. My sexuality has always been pretty steady with being bi, but my gender sort of moves between being a tomboyish girl and being more androgynous. Confusing, I know, so I just like to go with queer. :-)

I'd love to do some sort of group project with you all! :-D
  • ShaXanShaXan Posts: 23
    I'm Xander and I'm FtM and gay. I live in Michigan. I was super involved with the QSA at my college and I miss it, so stuff like this is always awesome.
    halfspice said:
    Do any of you follow any LGBTQ vlogs?
    @halfspice I follow LuanLegacy, MikeyThePlatypus, Lepreas, and JohnBirdMedia. Most of them aren't very famous (yet), but they're all funny/cute in different ways.

This is a very cute Tumblr I follow: http://gaylovegalore.tumblr.com/

Oh, and I love Vancouver! I spent three years there at UBC, and I try to visit once a year!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • freelovefreespiritfreelovefreespirit Posts: 26
    edited November 2012
    OH WOW I just checked out that tumblr gaylovegalore and it is freakin amazing!
    by freelovefreespirit
  • Also, I don't know if I'm the only one to think this is funny, but I'm going to go out on a limb and post it here. It's a bunch of men posing in pin-up girl positions with a bunch of stereotypically 'manly' things. I really hope people don't find this offensive...

http://freelovefreespirit.tumblr.com/post/35387081219/a-soul-with-a-body-men-photographed-in
  • aprilapril Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    Hi everyone! I'm April. I identify as a queer person in both sexuality and gender. It's kind of hard because I definitely perform my gender as a woman, but I still identify as genderqueer. As for lgbt vloggers (@halfspice) I love beaverbunch! They are probably the most consistent and longest running collab channel ever! Also wordswithgirls is done by autostraddle, and it's wonderful and hilarious! Some web series I enjoy are Out With Dad and Husbands. I'm also excited to see more of Pride Week & Prejudice. :)
    by april
    @april I love autostraddle, Hannah Hart and therefore wordswithgirls ! I'll definitely check out the others, as well as the ones suggested by @gnaist ;
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    I identify as asexual but I'm aesthetically attracted to both genders (if anything, more to females than males.) I'm sure there's a word for that, I'm just not entirely sure what it is.

I'd just like to say that I've always admired people who are transsexual because I can't even begin to imagine how tough it must be growing up and not feeling comfortable with your gender. My cousin is MtF and I've always wanted to talk to her about it but I'm rather shy and awkward in real life and I'm not exactly sure how to bring it up. I guess on the internet it's a lot more impersonal and easier to say what you really think, with anonymity and all that. I just want to say that what you some of you guys have probably been through is so tough and I admire you all for staying strong.

So yeah. You're all awesome, okay. And I write long sappy paragraphs about how awesome strangers are. Sorry.
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne
  • MudzeMudze Posts: 1
    sherlock said:
    I identify as asexual but I'm aesthetically attracted to both genders (if anything, more to females than males.) I'm sure there's a word for that, I'm just not entirely sure what it is.
    Would it be asexuality with a lisp? Aesthexuality? *bad puns*

LGBT, we should definitely try to decrease worldsuck for the queer community.
    sherlock said:
    I identify as asexual but I'm aesthetically attracted to both genders (if anything, more to females than males.) I'm sure there's a word for that, I'm just not entirely sure what it is. I'd just like to say that I've always admired people who are transsexual because I can't even begin to imagine how tough it must be growing up and not feeling comfortable with your gender. My cousin is MtF and I've always wanted to talk to her about it but I'm rather shy and awkward in real life and I'm not exactly sure how to bring it up. I guess on the internet it's a lot more impersonal and easier to say what you really think, with anonymity and all that. I just want to say that what you some of you guys have probably been through is so tough and I admire you all for staying strong. So yeah. You're all awesome, okay. And I write long sappy paragraphs about how awesome strangers are. Sorry.
    @sherlock I think the word you're looking for is panromantic, like what @Adrienne said above. But what's more important than the word/label is that you're being you, and that makes you awesome!
    Prince of the Last Ones
  • SophiaSophia Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I guess it fits that my first post is an LGBT introduction.

Hi there! I'm Sophia. I'm a transgendered girl, 2 months into HRT, and I'm a lesbian, though things are changing and I have no idea how that impacts my self-labelling.

(I'm also super open about trans stuff if that helps at all...)
    Ladies and gentlemen, do not be alarmed. Please, remain perfectly still
    What you are about to see is real. The performers are not grinning 
    scarecrows sent here to torture and manipulate you.
  • Hey there I'm Daniel. I live in Riverside, CA, and I'm a gay guy who's also trans.

I actively participate in my College's GSA, and have been really glad to help them understand trans issues better. :D I'm only just beginning my transition, but hopefully things will pick up soon once I can get into therapy and afford HRT etc. I'm always open to talking~