LGBT Nerdfighers!

Comments

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,840 Admin
    Welcome @Sophia! :)

It's wonderful to see how diverse the queer community is, even within Nerdfighteria. As just an ordinary gay guy, I feel like I'm in the minority in this thread!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • gnaist said:
    Welcome @Sophia! :)

It's wonderful to see how diverse the queer community is, even within Nerdfighteria. As just an ordinary gay guy, I feel like I'm in the minority in this thread!
    I agree the diversity in this thread is a great thing to see. I'm so used to being the only trans person in discussions revolving around the community. It's refreshing to see a lot of sexualities represented as well as trans people.
  • CourtiCourti Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm Courtney, and I live in Calgary. I identify as biromantic. I'm excited to see other people identifying as ace in one form or another, I always feel like I'm the only one around!
  • neferkhetneferkhet Mountain View, CAPosts: 56 ✭✭
    Hi, I'm Michael!  I live in the Bay Area of California, so things are pretty awesome over here.  I'm a mostly gay, panromantic, aflexible (like asexual, but flexible?  Let's make it a thing!) transman.  As you can probably tell, I love labels, the more the better, as long as I get to pick them and change them.

I was super involved in my college's QSA before I graduated, and I miss it a lot.  (I also miss @ShaXan.  You were the best secretary that club ever had.)  I also LOVE answering questions.  If I could answer questions about queer stuff for a living, that's what I would do.  Like a really awkward Dan Savage.
    preferred pronouns: anything gender neutral or 'he'
  • ShaXanShaXan Posts: 23
    @neferkhet, I miss you too. You were the best roommate I've ever had. (Also, the bar for club secretaries wasn't set very high before I took over, so I'm not sure how much of a compliment that is. Neither was the bar for my roommates, come to think of it.) I'm glad that you also actually use "aflexible" in real life so I'm not the only one.
  • inwardpluminwardplum Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Hello! I'm Audrianna, but we can stick with Aud! I'm a 20 year old pansexual girl from Colorado, currently residing in Nebraska for college.
    DFTBA!

twitter: audridavis
    tumblr: squidkitten - this is an obnoxious fandom blog and for that I am sorry
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,840 Admin
    edited November 2012
    neferkhet said:
    Hi, I'm Michael!  I live in the Bay Area of California, so things are pretty awesome over here.  I'm a mostly gay, panromantic, aflexible (like asexual, but flexible?  Let's make it a thing!) transman.  As you can probably tell, I love labels, the more the better, as long as I get to pick them and change them.

I was super involved in my college's QSA before I graduated, and I miss it a lot.  (I also miss @ShaXan.  You were the best secretary that club ever had.)  I also LOVE answering questions.  If I could answer questions about queer stuff for a living, that's what I would do.  Like a really awkward Dan Savage.
    @neferkhet Hey Michael! I'm also Michael (I usually go by Mike), and I live in the Bay Area too (I go to Stanford)! Yay!
    by gnaist
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • shorttankshorttank Posts: 43
    Hello! My name's Erin and I'm asexual.  I'm a little hesitant to put a label on my gender because, while I do identify somewhat with both the female and male genders, I'm still working out whether I would consider myself genderqueer or just a very tomboyish female.
  • DitchfairyDitchfairy Posts: 17
    Hello. I'm maddy. I'm asexual biromantic, from Washington. It is nice to meet you all. 
    What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more then a person.
    John Green, Paper Towns
  • neferkhetneferkhet Mountain View, CAPosts: 56 ✭✭
    Holy smokes!  There are so many ace and trans people here; I love it!  And trans/gender variant people.  This place is awesome.  It's too bad we all live in different places or I'd suggest we all hang out—a big queer Nerdfighter gathering.
    preferred pronouns: anything gender neutral or 'he'
  • Hello! I'm Clare and I'm pansexual. I live in Perth, Western Australia.
    And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress. adventure.
    - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • neferkhet said:
    It's too bad we all live in different places or I'd suggest we all hang out—a big queer Nerdfighter gathering.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure there's a LGBTQ Nerdfighter group in New York so if you're queer and a New Yorker, lucky you. Otherwise, we has the interwebs.
    And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress. adventure.
    - Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • thisisjackolanternthisisjackolantern Posts: 26
    edited November 2012
    Hey all, Bobby from the burbs of NYC. Male in sex, gender identity, and gender expression (mostly). Not sure what I'd call myself romantically, probably somewhere between pansexual and demisexual. @TonksftMemories, if you've got a link to that LGBTQ NY group, lay it on me. As for the vlog comment, I really enjoy Laci Green's content on YouTube, not exactly LGBTQ, but she has some videos that address orientation, gender, etc.
    by thisisjackolantern
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253
  • ZacharySeptimusZacharySeptimus Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Hank's recent video on human sexuality was brill! I really appreciated it, because my friend kept saying that I couldn't identify as both male and female because I am too, and I quote, 'lipstick lesbian.' GAH! What else are you all into? Doctor Who, anyone? Starkids? Supernatural? Vampire Diaries? Theatre? I am so overwhelmed by all there is to do on this website, I don't even know where to start...
    THE VIDEO WAS AMAZING.  
    I have gone back to watch that video pretty much any time I'm having a bad day or just sad or whatever. It makes me feel so good to know that someone really truly understands and is putting it out there to help other people understand, too.

I'm Taylor (or Zachary, whatever you like), and I'm FtM from Oregon.
  • Hey nerdfighters, I'm Alex. I'm genderqueer, pretty exclusively masculine, I go with gender neutral pronouns for preference.

I'm from the UK, but currently studying abroad for a year in Stockholm, Sweden. It is cold.
  • AmaiaAmaia Posts: 23
    Hello, I'm Amaia and I'm a lesbian. I guess I can sometimes be attracted to man but I don't really see my self having a sexual or romantic relationship with one so I guess I'm just a lesbian.

• HowWeGotAntsHowWeGotAnts Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Hi hi. I'm Deven. Annnnnnd I'm old enough to have been in college when the Supreme Court decided it was unconstitutional to make gay sex a crime. I'm in NYC.
  • Greetings. I'm Alexis, MtF transgender teenager, and a lesbian (with an appreciation for male beauty, and the exception of crushing on a FtM trans dude.) There's no GSA at my school; heck, everyone uses 'gay' as an insult and has no clue about gay relationships. :-/
    Welcome to the signature of the weirdest person ever.
    * Massive Gamer
    * Lesbian
      * Exception - <3's Trans Dude
      * Appreciation for male Beauty
    * Transgender
  • RohanRohan Posts: 7
    Hey all, I'm Rohan, 24, gay. I'm an Australian living on a remote Scottish island. Great to be here!
  • ElizabethMarchElizabethMarch USAPosts: 26
    edited November 2012
    Greetings. I'm Alexis, MtF transgender teenager, and a lesbian (with an appreciation for male beauty, and the exception of crushing on a FtM trans dude.) There's no GSA at my school; heck, everyone uses 'gay' as an insult and has no clue about gay relationships. :-/
    Hey, we're in the same nerdfighters facebook group! And same goes for my school, with the whole ignorance thing. We have a GSA though, that was supposedly super small when I was in eighth grade, but then exploded when a bunch of freshman (like me) joined the following year.
    Is there any hope of starting one in your school?
    by ElizabethMarch
  • unfollowerunfollower Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm Tori :) I live in Georgia and I'm Pansexual. I'm not out to many people since I live in the south and go to a public high school, but I'm planning on coming out when I graduate.
  • AlfaAlfa Posts: 14
    Hey, I'm Alex, Pan and male Australian (Victoria). Currently pretty much in the closet, out to a couple of close friends, know a few girls who aren't straight (they mostly go to a fairly liberal all girls school, I go to a 'kind of homophobic in that a few people there are dicks but you aren't going to get beaten up but no one is openly LGBTQ/whatever') and have a family of varying degrees of homophobic (and racist too) that I thankfully don't see any more. And my mother/stepdad are in the 'not homophobic but never really come across as welcoming' category.

But yeah, probably going to halfway go with Tori's 'coming out when I graduate' plan, although it'll be via Facebook to avoid family seeing it and after unfriending all the dicks I no longer have to/want to deal with.
  • shakeandblake92shakeandblake92 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    It's been so great meeting you all!
  • Hi. I'm Katie. I live in Pennsylvania. I'm just about 23. I identify as a lesbian, for the most part.
  • Katie_2991Katie_2991 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    I'm Katie, I'm 20, living in Ireland and I'm pansexual. It took a while (and a lot of people trying to tell me what my orientation is!) for me to figure things out but I'm so glad I did. I'm out to most of my close friends but in Uni, I'm just kind of being myself and if someone asks I'll be honest.

Makes me so happy to see such a strong LGBTQ presence on here :)
    >twitter<
    >tumblr< (multifandom hot mess... you have been warned)

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”  -To Kill a Mockingbird
  • TeganiaTegania Posts: 15
    Hi I'm Sonia/Tegan (I go by both). I'm not really the biggest fan of labels because none of them really seem to fit very well. I'm a transsexual woman who is just more generally trans*--but that seems too generalizing? I like feminine tomboy (even if the phrase is an oxymoron). I'm also queer--I'm borderline asexual, panromantic with heavy leanings towards femininity? Blah. labels just don't get at the idiosyncrasies
    SO MANY PANSEXUALS hahaha 

How are you all doing today?
    Haha I noticed that too!! 

I'm good, enjoying my weekend. Yourself? :)
    >twitter<

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”  -To Kill a Mockingbird

I'm doing alright.  I'm working on a really overwhelming school project right now but I have a date night with my girlfriend tonight so I can't complain.
    edited November 2012

I'm doing alright.  I'm working on a really overwhelming school project right now but I have a date night with my girlfriend tonight so I can't complain.
    Oh jeez, school projects are hell. I have a couple I really should be working on but, the internet is more fun.
    Aww, that's nice. Any specific plans?
    by Katie_2991
    >twitter<