Quarks!

Recently in my chemistry class we learned about quarks and I immediately started singing the quark song! But the sad thing was no one understood what I was singing, it was sad and I felt very awkward... Did anyone else do this in chemistry?

Comments

  • RiptiqRiptiq Posts: 6
    You're not the only one! I wanted to sing the the "up down strange sharm" bit but could only start in like the begining of the song, resulting in me sitting by myself quietly mumbling strange words untill finaly bursting out up down strange sharm and so on! :P Important to note is that I live in Sweden ;) Luckily all of my friends are very much used to this sort of behaviour, so they were not too suprised. I live by the philosify that if people think I'm weird that's fine, as long as you're nice and avoid making other people uncomtarble you will eventully find friends, and they will most likely follow you through life through thick and thin. So if you feel a bit ashamed, just picture the same senario but this time someone starts singing along and hopefully you will find that it was worth the risk so to speak.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Riptiq said:
    You're not the only one! I wanted to sing the the "up down strange sharm" bit but could only start in like the begining of the song, resulting in me sitting by myself quietly mumbling strange words untill finaly bursting out up down strange sharm and so on! :P Important to note is that I live in Sweden ;) Luckily all of my friends are very much used to this sort of behaviour, so they were not too suprised. I live by the philosify that if people think I'm weird that's fine, as long as you're nice and avoid making other people uncomtarble you will eventully find friends, and they will most likely follow you through life through thick and thin. So if you feel a bit ashamed, just picture the same senario but this time someone starts singing along and hopefully you will find that it was worth the risk so to speak.
    That's my philosophy also!!! It's awesome since I have met friends who love my weirdness!
  • RiptiqRiptiq Posts: 6

    Brick said:
    Riptiq said:
    You're not the only one! I wanted to sing the the "up down strange sharm" bit but could only start in like the begining of the song, resulting in me sitting by myself quietly mumbling strange words untill finaly bursting out up down strange sharm and so on! :P Important to note is that I live in Sweden ;) Luckily all of my friends are very much used to this sort of behaviour, so they were not too suprised. I live by the philosify that if people think I'm weird that's fine, as long as you're nice and avoid making other people uncomtarble you will eventully find friends, and they will most likely follow you through life through thick and thin. So if you feel a bit ashamed, just picture the same senario but this time someone starts singing along and hopefully you will find that it was worth the risk so to speak.
    That's my philosophy also!!! It's awesome since I have met friends who love my weirdness!
    They are the best sort of friends! ^^ Anyway I got some of my friends to watch the song later, maybe you should try too? :D I find it quite handy to know the song actually :)
  • BrickBrick Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Riptiq said:

    Brick said:
    Riptiq said:
    You're not the only one! I wanted to sing the the "up down strange sharm" bit but could only start in like the begining of the song, resulting in me sitting by myself quietly mumbling strange words untill finaly bursting out up down strange sharm and so on! :P Important to note is that I live in Sweden ;) Luckily all of my friends are very much used to this sort of behaviour, so they were not too suprised. I live by the philosify that if people think I'm weird that's fine, as long as you're nice and avoid making other people uncomtarble you will eventully find friends, and they will most likely follow you through life through thick and thin. So if you feel a bit ashamed, just picture the same senario but this time someone starts singing along and hopefully you will find that it was worth the risk so to speak.
    That's my philosophy also!!! It's awesome since I have met friends who love my weirdness!
    They are the best sort of friends! ^^ Anyway I got some of my friends to watch the song later, maybe you should try too? :D I find it quite handy to know the song actually :)
    I did! And they think I'm still crazy for listening to songs like that :p
  • RiptiqRiptiq Posts: 6
    Brick said:
    Riptiq said:

    Brick said:
    Riptiq said:
    You're not the only one! I wanted to sing the the "up down strange sharm" bit but could only start in like the begining of the song, resulting in me sitting by myself quietly mumbling strange words untill finaly bursting out up down strange sharm and so on! :P Important to note is that I live in Sweden ;) Luckily all of my friends are very much used to this sort of behaviour, so they were not too suprised. I live by the philosify that if people think I'm weird that's fine, as long as you're nice and avoid making other people uncomtarble you will eventully find friends, and they will most likely follow you through life through thick and thin. So if you feel a bit ashamed, just picture the same senario but this time someone starts singing along and hopefully you will find that it was worth the risk so to speak.
    That's my philosophy also!!! It's awesome since I have met friends who love my weirdness!
    They are the best sort of friends! ^^ Anyway I got some of my friends to watch the song later, maybe you should try too? :D I find it quite handy to know the song actually :)
    I did! And they think I'm still crazy for listening to songs like that :p
    Haha well same here! ;) But I feel like it's slowly growing on them, you know this whole nerd thing. One of them even calls herself a nerd fighter! Now I just need her to start watching vlogbrothers... Oh well it's getting there. :)
  • BrickBrick Posts: 36 ✭✭
    @riptiq I tried to convert my friends but they still don't understand all the terms and they didnt like it! luckily I have a few other friends that understand nerdfighting... Sadly not in my chemistry class to save me from embarresment
  • darksingularitydarksingularity Posts: 11
    @Brick , what level chemistry class is this?
  • scarlettplusnoirscarlettplusnoir Posts: 195 ✭✭
    We always sing it in physics, we really want to get my teacher to listen to it and show it to the whole class
    My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good - Charlie Fink
  • MotholaxMotholax Posts: 22
    As soon as we started to study quarks in physics I made my whole class listen to the song, several of them though it was brilliant. It actually contains an innaccuracy though, quarks were first observed by deep inelastic scatter, not deep elastic scatter as Hank claims.
  • quarkygirlquarkygirl Posts: 2
    My science teacher went off on a tangent and he talked about quarks. I already knew what he was talking about from the song but I was also the only one that understood what he was talking about.
Sign In or Register to comment.