SINGAPORE!

ilovepizzailovepizza Posts: 1
Any of you from Singapore? We could have a nerfighter gathering and everyone could come, since it's basically an hour ride to just about anywhere in Singapore. :)

Comments

• Th3_Blu3st_Blu3_3v3rTh3_Blu3st_Blu3_3v3r Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    hi :) i'm from Singapore! but i will never be able to go for any nerdfighter gatherings cause my parents would kill me :(
    by Th3_Blu3st_Blu3_3v3r

• DasistKriegDasistKrieg Posts: 10
    YAY SINGAPOREAN NERDFIGHTERS!!!! IM NOT ALONE!!!!
  • randomradiationrandomradiation SingaporePosts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Oh hey guys! I just love the fact that SG nerdfighters exist! DFTBA! :)
    Please @ me if you want to say something to me! | Instigator of the Last Ones | I live in the Land of the Last Ones

"When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him."    -Isaac, The Fault in Our Stars, John Green 
  • i always thought that Singaporean nerdfighters were almost non-existant :) 

edited November 2012
    i always thought that Singaporean nerdfighters were almost non-existant :) 
    OMG IKR.
    by DasistKrieg
  • Singaporean nerdfighter here! We should totally have a gathering some day :D
  • How did you find NERDFIGHTERIA? 

i'm really interested, because  everyone at school has no idea what it is. 

How did you find NERDFIGHTERIA? 

i'm really interested, because  everyone at school has no idea what it is. 
    Youtube! And also, i really wanna know this. Which John Green book have you read, if you have read any?
  • celinesaracelinesara Posts: 231 ✭✭
    @DasistKrieg Am I the only one who finds it impossible to find John Green's books in bookstores? I've only seen Looking for Alaska, WGWG and TFiOS. My school's library had Paper Towns so I did read that.
    (:
    @celinesara I got my copy of TFiOS (Signed copy. !!!!) at Kinokuniya. They have the box set there too. Im getting it for myself for my birthday next month. :DD
    @DasistKrieg I had to buy my signed copy of TFiOS in HK and have only ever seen WGWG at kino. I'll go soon and see if I can get my hands on the box set. Thanks
    (:
    This is so cool, honestly. Which schools are you guys from? I just graduated from TKGS, currently awaiting O Level results.
    I usually just borrow the books from NLB. There's only one copy of WGWG in NLB, which I still haven't read yet because I'm 10th on the reservation list. 
    Please @ me if you want to say something to me! | Instigator of the Last Ones | I live in the Land of the Last Ones

"When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him."    -Isaac, The Fault in Our Stars, John Green 
  • sleepyheadsleepyhead Posts: 11
    I've read all of John's books, and own them all! Well, except for the joint Christmas book he did. I've ordered all but one of them online because yes o m g bookstores in Singapore are all very sadly Green-deprived :--(((
    Not really, if you know where to look. I would recommend checking out kinokuniya (the one at orchard?)
    The last time I checked, prologue at ION had LfA, WGWG and TFiOS.
    (:
    Last time I checked, Kinokuniya has all of John's books, including the boxset. They're not signed, though.

• the fault in our stars is number 3 in the weekly bestsellers in kinokuniya! i don't know if this is already old news, i just saw it when i went to the website :)

• wootwootchowwootwootchow Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    YES! YES! NERDFIGHTER GATHERING!!! If anyone's interested please leave a comment with a location suggestion if you have any.
    by wootwootchow
  • glendaweeglendawee Posts: 2
    Hey im from singapore too :) YES WE SHOULD <3
  • AmirulAmariAmirulAmari Posts: 2
    WOAH,I Did not expect there to be a Singapore page,very happy right now :D by the way,does anyone know where i can find Will Grayson Will Grayson in singapore,it's the only John Green book i'm missing right now :(
  • kshiyingkshiying Posts: 1
    There's a Singapore page! :o I would totally come for a nerdfighters meetup! 
  • AmirulAmariAmirulAmari Posts: 2
    hey guys, if anyone is still searching for Will Grayson,Will Grayson and Let it snow, i found a small pushcart stall in front of D'marquee in downtown east that has ALL of John Green's books. BTW,i'm all up for planning the gathering if you guys still want it :)
  • gloriouspondgloriouspond Posts: 6
    SINGAPORE PAGE WOAH

also hi c: so. nerdfighter meetup, anyone? 

(also I found all of john's books at kino, except let it snow. so yeah.)

location suggestion um. can't exactly go out in the haze right now, so maybe next month? no idea where though.
  • cabbagecabbage Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Totally on for a nerdfighter gathering!
    The haze is mostly cleared out now, too.

Also hey, who went for Pink Dot? Was hoping to catch some nerdfighters there but didn't manage to spot any, unfortunately! 

Edit: Don't know if you guys heard, but there's a Nerdfighter gathering at Bishan Library on 20th July from 5pm-7pm! 
    by cabbage
  • bridslimbridslim Singapore, SingaporePosts: 1
    AM I LATE BY FOUR MONTHS?? ASDFGHJKL;
  • blooopenblooopen Posts: 2
    Hmm first what shall we meet up for?
  • JoweeloJoweelo SingaporePosts: 5
    bridslim said:
    AM I LATE BY FOUR MONTHS?? ASDFGHJKL;
    AM I LATE BY SIX MONTHS?!?! :(
  • chippieyiuchippieyiu Posts: 1
    AM I TOO LATE UH OH. HI BTW. 
  • mrbriyanimrbriyani Posts: 1
    Lateness seems to be a thing.
  • I AM LATE.......unbelievable... I spent a year searching for singapore nerdfighters and only searched online when John mentioned it on one of his videos.( I am an idiot) Still, glad to know nerdfigers exists in Singapore. Has anyone thought of a new nerdfighter gathering somewhere?