Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

LukeLuke Resident Spam CleanerDublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
TNU header page. You shuld join us. We accommodate anyone really. Just read the rest of this post for a full explanation!><font face=
In brief, this is a thread worth joining. If you want to just relax and talk to people you should join. If you like cheesecake, you should join...and come on, who doesn't love cheesecake?? If you're lactose intolerant, you should join. We won't force you to eat cheesecake...I don't really like cheesecake either.

About this thread!
There's a lot of history to this thread. The original was made in the forum "My pants" on the original Brotherhood 2.0 website which was later shut down.
Along came "Your Pants", a forum which allowed the TNU community to thrive until the site was hacked and taken offline, replaced with a much less user-friendly forum where the thread was recreated twice. (and faced the great spam war....yeah, let's not talk about that!)

Worried you won't fit in or that you'll do something wrong? Watch the video I've made to introduce you to TNU at the end of this post

Now here's "Our Pants", so I figured we'd try to to get the ball rolling. In previous incarnations of this thread people posted either just an introduction to themselves or stuck around to chat to other Teenage nerdfighters, make friends, discuss whatever was on their mind etc etc. It my be a bit quiet at times, but don't worry, we're not dead yet!

Introduce Yourself!

So I'll start the ball rolling with this. Hi, my name is Luke. I'm 19 and from Ireland. I'm currently in university, studying a course in Multimedia (basically Flash, web design, video/audio, photography/graphic work etc rolled into one). I have been involved with this thread since the first Your Pants and have since run a collab channel with members, visited England to meet a few of the people I met on it (and it went really well) and generally just enjoyed myself. 

If you're interested in my work then my Tumblr page is in my signature. Portfolio page status: Not quite done.

In the larger Nerdfighter community, a few of you may recognise me as one of the closed Beta testers and now a moderator for the Nerdcrafteria Minecraft server as well as an active member of the Irish Nerdfighter community.

Anything else you may or may not find out over time depending on how often I get to post on here :)

So tell us about you and maybe stick around to talk!

It can be hard to get to know everyone so I've compiled a list of regulars to this thread. Let me know if you wish to be added to this list and I'll be happy to oblige :) (warning:may be out of date)

Already a pleasure to meet you and DFTBA

This is the video I mentioned:

Branding stuff

If you want to use the logo to design things for this thread or related to this thread you can contact me using twitter(@literallyluke), tumblr (literallyluke.tumblr.com), the Our Pants message box or email me on my Nerdcrafteria email account (literallyluke@nerdcrafteria.com)

Current branding suggests that you use TNU blue. This is R=184 G=224 B=255. However, as this is not a business or anything of the sort, it could change at any minute, nor is it required that you use this colour. Let your creativity flow and do better than our current thread branding!  

On the off chance that you're reading this as a member of TNU who's been around for a while, or someone who just joined. If I've left here,current members..it's not your fault. You'll know my reasons though. New members, you're welcome to TNU and I hope you enjoy your time here. 

While I was a part of TNU I was somehow thrust into a sort of leadership position. I hope someone else can do a better job than I did :P Just..look after this thread. TNU has taken up so much of my life, and despite this I'd love to see her become for others what she was, for a while, for me..and if you ever need this post edited don't hesitate to contact me (within reason)
by Luke

Comments

• CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭
    I'm Lyn, or Carolyn. I'm 15, from Ohio. I like writing and reading and Harry Potter and stuff? I've been a part of TNU since Luke has:P I had a collab channel with some nerdfighters, now it's just friends from the internet. 

Let's bring TNU back. Because I loved it. 
    My skype is soccerhorse10,
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    Carolyn said:
    I'm Lyn, or Carolyn. I'm 15, from Ohio. I like writing and reading and Harry Potter and stuff? I've been a part of TNU since Luke has:P I had a collab channel with some nerdfighters, now it's just friends from the internet. 

Let's bring TNU back. Because I loved it. 
    I should point out to any new people that this isn't like a group of people who won't let others in. In fact, we're kind of tired of each other so we want to make new friends, talk to new people about things varying from the frivolous to the meaning of life and everything in between, and generally just have fun and do nerdfightery things.

I agree though. Let's make this thread something awesome :)
  • DFTBADFTBA Posts: 30
    Hi! I'm Marianna. I'm 16, from Florida. I love math, and I read all the time, and I play viola. Also, I sail sailboats. I tried a while back to get into "Your Pants" but I never ended up posting more than a couple of times. I'd like to get more involved in this foum though!
  • SeluuniSeluuni Posts: 107
    Ladies, gentlemen, tentacle monsters 
    Queen Elizabeth the Millionth is here
    Call me Liz
    DFTBA said:
    Hi! I'm Marianna. I'm 16, from Florida. I love math, and I read all the time, and I play viola. Also, I sail sailboats. I tried a while back to get into "Your Pants" but I never ended up posting more than a couple of times. I'd like to get more involved in this foum though!
    Wow nice snagging of the username there! Please do get more involved. A forum is nothing without the community to support it!

Seluuni, tentacle monsters? REALLY? let's not go there just yet :) and that's coming from me :p
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    I'm Lizzy. I'm sixteen, I'm from Massachusetts, and I like books. I remember having an account on Your Pants but I never posted because I'm shy and anti-social. So I'd like to make friends here. :)

@dftba, I also play viola. :) And the double bass.
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne

DFTBA said:
    Hey! This forum is cool, and so usable, I love it. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Flying spaghetti monsters, then? 
    Lizzy, what part of Massachusetts? My dad lives there and I go to visit during holiday breaks 
  • UnderscoreUnderscore Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭
    Tis I, Gabriel! The name that every substitute teacher to have ever existed has mispronounced. By the way, im a boy, which may aid in Your pronunciation. Love history, and English, reading, technology and the like. I feel like i missed the hay day of your pants, and im looking forward to joining this community!
    Tis I, Gabriel! The name that every substitute teacher to have ever existed has mispronounced. By the way, im a boy, which may aid in Your pronunciation. Love history, and English, reading, technology and the like. I feel like i missed the hay day of your pants, and im looking forward to joining this community!
    HISTORY. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ERA. 

Also hello Liz. 

Also Lizzy, this is a great place to make friends
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • bahgelbahgel Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm Grace! Liz, I am a huge flying spaghetti monster supporter :) I'm fifteen and from Pennsylvania. This is my first time on one of these forums. Woooo!
    Seluuni said:
    Lizzy, what part of Massachusetts? My dad lives there and I go to visit during holiday breaks 
    Thirty minutes west of Boston. The tour de Nerdfighting literally came about ten minutes from where I live but I couldn't go because of orchestra rehearsal. (I should really learn to ditch once and a while for important things like that.)

sherlock said:
    Seluuni said:
    Thirty minutes west of Boston. The tour de Nerdfighting literally came about ten minutes from where I live but I couldn't go because of orchestra rehearsal. (I should really learn to ditch once and a while for important things like that.)
    Damn. My dad's in Western Mass. about 3 HOURS away
  • AnnieAnnie Posts: 1
    Hi! I'm Annie. I'm 18. I was on the yourpants TNU, not really sure how long(Carolyn or Luke can probably answer that better than I can). I've been playing the flute for over 6 years now. Oh, and I'll probably lurk WAY more than I post....so...yeah... :)
    Boston is my favorite city. It's amazing.

bahgel said:
    Hey, I'm Grace! Liz, I am a huge flying spaghetti monster supporter :) I'm fifteen and from Pennsylvania. This is my first time on one of these forums. Woooo!
    Luckily these forums are reaaaaallllyy easy to use, unlike the last your pants
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Hmm, my favorite...
    well, i can tell you right now that i dont have a favorite anything aside from color, of my own design. I find the practice unnecessary. But i quite like the medieval ages, as well as colonial and revolutionary America. I have yet to find an era that I don't love, really. And nice to meet you X)
  • celinesaracelinesara Posts: 231 ✭✭
    Hi, my name is Celine. I'm 16 and from Singapore. I'm an actor and intend to pursue my diploma in performing next year.
    I'm usually too socially awkward to participate in things like forums, so this is my first time actually joining in.
    (:
    @sherlock You should fit right in :) 

@carolyn I know. i love it :) There also seems to be a larger team working on it and to be running on a more robust system...which can only be good.

@seluuni Yea that's better :p

@underscore The hay day of your pants was pretty awesome. Maybe we can make Our Pants even more awesome. After all, the work of the many together (our) can only surpass the work of the one (your) :D (god that was cringey)

Also, I do love how I'm never really going to have to reintroduce myself here :p

And on that note, I bid you all goodnight as it is past 3am here (no regrets though, I got into the new forum!). Look forward to seeing a ton of "notifications" when I get up in a few hours as I get one for every post made here...
    Hmm, my favorite...
    well, i can tell you right now that i dont have a favorite anything aside from color, of my own design. I find the practice unnecessary. But i quite like the medieval ages, as well as colonial and revolutionary America. I have yet to find an era that I don't love, really. And nice to meet you X)
    ....I love you in the least creepy way possible. I'm basically the same way, except lately I've been fascinated with Alex the Great. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • DFTBADFTBA Posts: 30
    @sherlock Really? You're the third violist I've met so far on here, which is pretty interesting since we aren't all that common. 
    Hi, my name is Celine. I'm 16 and from Singapore. I'm an actor and intend to pursue my diploma in performing next year.
    I'm usually too socially awkward to participate in things like forums, so this is my first time actually joining in.
    Singapore sounds like a really cool place. And the internet is a great place for socially awkward people. 
    Annie said:
    Hi! I'm Annie. I'm 18. I was on the yourpants TNU, not really sure how long(Carolyn or Luke can probably answer that better than I can). I've been playing the flute for over 6 years now. Oh, and I'll probably lurk WAY more than I post....so...yeah... :)
    Hola Annie! 

I need to stop posting so much, whoops....
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Carolyn said:
    Hmm, my favorite...
    ....I love you in the least creepy way possible. I'm basically the same way, except lately I've been fascinated with Alex the Great.Why thank you. He was great too. Though the last time i learned of him was in elementary school, and i have yet to reach him in my current class. Ancient Greece and Rome and the like are fascinating as well; I forgot to include them!
    edited November 2012
    @seluuni Aw. Western Mass is really gorgeous though. I'm looking at colleges out there as well, the whole Five College Consortium system and whatnot. Not that you care, haha. xD

@DFTBA huh! that's really neat. there really isn't a lot of us. but I mean, the more the merrier. We have have a viola quartet.
    by sherlock
    sherlock said:
    @seluuni Aw. Western Mass is really gorgeous though. I'm looking at colleges out there as well, the whole Five College Consortium system and whatnot. Not that you care, haha. xD
    Five College Conwhat now? 
    The colleges I know of are MIT, MCLA and the one in Northampton 
    I think Northampton needs a space and another h in it North Hampton
    Oops, i screwed up the formatting on that. Just read from where your message cuts off XD
    @seluuni The Five College Consortium is a group of five schools out in Western Mass that basically work together and you can take classes at any of the five while really only being enrolled in one, or something like that.

Blame the British for the spelling of Northampton. (Some of the town names around here are weird. I still do not understand why anyone would ever name a town Braintree.)
    @underscore I am in AP World so we spent a day on him. But I'm writing a story(for nanowrimo but I quit) about his childhood. I may go to Greece and Italy this summer if I get enough money....
    Basically all history is worth learning. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    BRAINTREE SOUNDS LIKE A TOWN FULL OF SLIGHTLY IMAGINATIVE RAVENCLAWS
    "What shall we name our town"
    "Braintree, because we are brainy and trees are pretty PIZZZAA cool"
    "Excellent"
    It changed my cuss to PIZZZAA 
    what the hell