Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 383 ✭✭✭
    @Yodaboyaz I am so sorry.
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 141 ✭✭
    @sackclothandaisies
    Thank you for the kind words. It feels rather strange to grieve a website.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 112 ✭✭
    @Yodaboyaz :( It may seem strange to grieve for a website, but it does make sense since you make friends and form connections through it. It's almost like moving away from home, having a lot of people cut out of your life. It's always been difficult for me to say goodbye to people I have been friends with (like after summer camps and such). But I think we can all relate
    "Every path, once taken, is ten thousand paths denied."
    @Bohemamine
    That makes a lot of sense. I made a lot of really good friends over the two years I was on there. Even being able to stay in touch with the best of my friends, we all had to leave so many other friends, and even more potentially new friends.
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    @thisisnotmyname Yay!! I'm glad it went so well!

@Yodaboyaz That sucks. Sorry. I can't imagine what I'd do if Our Pants shut down. Even though I'd be able to talk to everyone here in other ways, it wouldn't be quite the same. To lose an environment like that that you care about so much must be awful. :/
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
    I don't know why I just noticed this, but everyone has such awesome signatures!
    @MontannaPeach that is true, even though I talk to some of you outside of Our Pants, it would be crushing if it was taken down.
    @Yodaboyaz I am glad you still see some friends
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 570 ✭✭✭

I don't know why I just noticed this, but everyone has such awesome signatures!

Except me
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
    OMG YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HANK LIKED ON OF MY TUMBLR POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *a million happy dances* It almost like acknowledging my existence
    @sackclothandaisies That's awesome!!!

@beepbop1011 Idk what you're talking about I really like yours!
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Hey y'all! Two things:
    1. I know I didn't do a very good job talking about nerdcon on here, but I made a video about it today where I think I did a much better job of it, so if you're interested you can find it here :smiley:
    2. Along with my mom and a couple other friends, I started a nonprofit summer camp for transgender and nonbinary kids! I'm super excited, and I would love if y'all would check out the website I made at camplilac.org!
    by thisisnotmyname
    I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.

Hey y'all! Two things:
    1. I know I didn't do a very good job talking about nerdcon on here, but I made a video about it today where I think I did a much better job of it, so if you're interested you can find it here :smiley:
    2. Along with my mom and a couple other friends, I started a nonprofit summer camp for transgender and nonbinary kids! I'm super excited, and I would love if y'all would check out the website I made at camplilac.org!

OMG THAT'S SO GREAT!
    BEST OF LUCK!
    @beepbop1011 thanks!!
    @thisisnotmyname
    I checked out the video. I'm glad that I've now found the YouTube channel of a fellow Nerdfighter.
    @Yodaboyaz there are a bunch of other Nerdfighters with channels! @athousandowls has an awesome one, for instance!
    @Yodaboyaz Ooh! Have I got some channels for you! As well as @thisisnotmyname and @athousandowls' channels, there's High-Waisted Pantaloons, LastOneToVlogWins, Letters From Our Tree, thequirkyone, Grace Erase (*ahem* @erasegrace), We Are St. Elmo's Fire, NFi, Matt Palka, and many, many more. That should keep you busy for a while though. ;)
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

I love how under our icons it shows how many posts we've made on this site. It either means we're very active in Our Pants, or we just have a lot to say here on TNU. (For me, it's the latter.)
    I'm so sad I forgot to do the history update for 1843. I can't pass up this one event: On July 2, 1843 an alligator fell from the sky during a thunderstorm in Charleston, South Carolina.

But here's 1844:
    Samuel Morse taps out "What hath God wrought" in the first ever telegraph message
    The vulcanization of rubber is patented
    Joseph Smith, founder and prophet of Mormonism, is murdered, replaced by Brigham Young
    Also a lot of operas are being written during this time

Do you have any predictions for when the number of pages on TNU will surpass the year?
  • athousandowlsathousandowls West Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 170 ✭✭
    NERDCON WAS AMAZING AND I GOT A MATCHING DFTBA TATTOO WITH A GERMAN NERDFIGHTER HERE IT IS OKAY BYE AGAIN
    @thisisnotmyname @MontannaPeach
    Thanks! I'll definitely check out all of those.
    @Bohemamine I'd say a few months at least.

I had a really terrible dream that John died. I woke up a couple hours ago, but I still haven't fully recovered. It really sucked.

I had a really terrible dream that John died. I woke up a couple hours ago, but I still haven't fully recovered. It really sucked.

omg my friend Dani had a dream that nerdfighteria never existed wtf???
    I had a dream that I met John and Hank and we had a scavenger hunt. BEST DREAM EVER
    I dreamt I was on the metro (which is like, never) and John and Hank were sitting right across me and I said hi to them.

Then I woke up.
    @thisisnotmyname That would be awful. 0_0

@sackclothandaisies and @beepbop1011 I've had a couple dreams where I've been able to meet John and/or Hank. Hank is usually really nice and we interact like old friends while I either don't get to talk to John for some reason or he's kind of rude. I've decided it's because I relate most to John and it's a subconscious fear that I would come across as rude. But in that other dream, I was amongst a bunch of Nerdfighters when we found out and it was really intense emotionally.

@beepbop1011 I was on my Indie rock playlist on Pandora and I saw the album that is your profile! I was looking at it for a long trying to find out why it was so familiar.
    I've never had a dream relating to Nerdfightaria, likely because I'm relatively new to it.

@beepbop1011 I was on my Indie rock playlist on Pandora and I saw the album that is your profile! I was looking at it for a long trying to find out why it was so familiar.

Finally, someone noticed.

LISTEN TO ALL OF IT. IT'S TEH BEST.
    @beepbop1011 Apologies, but what is the album? I feel like I should know this but I don't...