Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 192 ✭✭
    Has anyone seen the Last Jedi trailer?
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 621 ✭✭✭
    No, because spoilers.
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭
    @Yodaboyaz Yes. I'm intrigued. What were your thoughts? Without spoilers for @beepbop1011.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • ReyRey Posts: 1
    I found an awesome website! compoundchem.com
    It combines infographics and chemistry!
    (A friend bet me i could not drink a double espresso in 5 minutes today and then she had to deal with the consequences - in the form of a very fast and incoherent explanation as to why haemocyanin is the best molecule. It is.)
    But you should look at it. Is awesome.
  • amandainmdamandainmd Maryland/DCPosts: 9
    Friendly Neighborhood Doc Student, unlurking... I am recruiting one last cohort for interviews:

Hi! I am a graduate student studying how teen Nerdfighters gather information online. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, would be interested in participating in a study? The study would begin with an interview (about an hour long). Next you would complete on online diary (for one month) about how you use the Nerdfighter community. Finally, we would do one more interview (again about an hour). In thanks for your participation, you would receive a small gift card at the end of the study. Thanks and DFTBA!

Questions? Email me at awaugh@umd.edu or check the study website: http://amanda2315.wix.com/teensandinfo. You may also contact my advisor, Dr. Mega Subramaniam at mmsubram@umd.edu.

~Amanda
    @MontannaPeach
    Of course. No spoilers. Well, what constitutes a spoiler? Things in the trailer? Things outside the trailer? Theories?
    @Rey
    Greetings, and welcome to our little nook of Our Pants! You are interested in chemistry? Cool! I'm currently taking a chemistry class.
    I saw the trailer anyhow hahaha
    it's awesome
  • sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 406 ✭✭✭
    @beepbop1011 I am sort of confused on the Rick Astley although I am not going to lie I can sing that whole song and dress up like someone from Sex in the City
    anywho what is reality anyway? J.k maybe
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
    haha it's called rickrolling and it's a thing that happened to y'all.
  • SkyDoctorSkyDoctor Exoplanet HD 189733bPosts: 74
    I wonder what Orin will think in the future when he sees this

memento mori igitur memento vivere
    Also, I just got back from Canada and taking a couple of college tours, I am both excited and terrified.
    @Yodaboyaz Things in the trailer, I guess. But now @beepbop1011 has seen it, so it doesn't matter. XD

@Rey I think you're going to fit in really well here. :smiley:

@SkyDoctor That sounds amazing! Tell us more!
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

We went to look at two universities, Mcgill and Concordia, Mcgill seems nice with exceptional security and quidditch team but it's more expensive and it would appear to be more of a party place. Concordia, on the other hand, has much smaller classs sizes (25-5) and free vegan lunches fall and winter. Either way, I am going to get a year or two's worth of credits behind me at the community college first.
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone going to be visiting colleges in the northeast? I've only been around there for college visits so far.

Also (for any other juniors) are you apprehensive about being a senior? In my school, the seniors leave a month before the rest of the school's classes end, so in a week I will be the oldest grade in the school and I'm not really ready for that.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    To all the people looking at colleges, come to UNF! It's awesome! And Florida is warmer than up north.

@MontannaPeach
    Alright. What is your opinion on Grey Jedi possibly coming into Canon?
    @SkyDoctor
    Cool! You're vegan?
    edited April 23
    @Yodaboyaz I'm reserving the right to make an opinion after I see what they do with it. XD Have you read any of the Star Wars books? (Have I asked you that already?)
    by MontannaPeach

@Yodaboyaz I'm reserving the right to make an opinion after I see what they do with it. XD Have you read any of the Star Wars books? (Have I asked you that already?)

Assuming that the books in his profile picture are his, yes. I think he has also mentioned them before.
    @Yodaboyaz No I'm not vegan, but I do try to eat less meat and just generally healthier food.
    @beepbop1011 Hahaha! I feel like such an idiot. I never checked to see what books they were. XD

@beepbop1011
    Heh. Yep, those are mine.
    @MontannaPeach
    That's fine. And yes, I have read many EU and new canon books.
    @SkyDoctor
    Alright. I am vegan, so that's cool to hear that there is another vegetarian-ish.
    @Yodaboyaz Cool! I love the EU books. I haven't read any of the new canon ones. I love the story line with Luke and Mara Jade.

@allyoustarwarsnerds I am going to be honest on my lack of Star Wars information
    I am also not vegan or vegetarian and have no idea where I want to study. sooo I have nothing to add to this conversation.
    i did cut all my hair off though if anyone is interested.
    @Yodaboyaz @SkyDoctor HELLOO FELLOW MEET AVOIDERS XD
    I'm vegetarian.

@allyoustarwarsnerds I am going to be honest on my lack of Star Wars information
    I am also not vegan or vegetarian and have no idea where I want to study. sooo I have nothing to add to this conversation.
    i did cut all my hair off though if anyone is interested.

omg your pfp is so cute.
    @MontannaPeach
    I haven't read many of those, but Mara Jade is really cool. Some relatives of mine named their daughter Mara Jade. They were huge Star Wars nerds.
    @sackclothandaisies
    That's fine. You look really good!
    @beepbop1011
    Oh cool. Avoiding meat is a thing we do!
    @Yodaboyaz That's hilarious and amazing.

@sackclothandaisies Nice haircut! I've missed you on here!

@beepbop1011 @Yodaboyaz @MontannaPeach Thank you I was so scared to cut it, but I like it
    @MontannaPeach
    It is. The girl goes by M.J., but Mara Jade is her legal name.
    @sackclothandaisies
    That's understandable. I like it too.

@beepbop1011 @Yodaboyaz @MontannaPeach Thank you I was so scared to cut it, but I like it

I got a different haircut right before school and I was super worried and then nobody even noticed XD.