Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 192 ✭✭
    @Bohemamine
    It was the read test. The part I kept failing on was the three point turn.
    Congrats of graduating junior year! Only one year of high school left.
    @SkyDoctor
    Oh no, no offense taken. Thank you for the advice. I'm trying to drill that into my head. It especially helps that most of the time, I'll be driving my sister around, so even if I subconsciously don't value my own life around, I'm sure to stay cautious for her.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 621 ✭✭✭
    I learnt how to drive this year (without a learner's because private grounds, shhhh) but it wasn't a stick shift because my mother said she wanted me to learn how to drive an automatic first.

It was fairly easy (easier than I thought it'd be) and felt better than I expected :D
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    @beepbop1011 I really want to learn stick shift, but I haven't had time because school.

Also general question: is anyone a rising senior (or applying to colleges this year)? Also does anyone have advice for getting through the college process without going insane?
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • SkyDoctorSkyDoctor Exoplanet HD 189733bPosts: 74
    @Yodaboyaz I forgot one more thing, passing is unnecessary and childish, all it does is get you to the stop sign or traffic light 2 seconds sooner while increasing your mortality chance as well as everyone else's. This is how my younger brother died. I'm glad you care about safety as much as you do.

@Bohemamine Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, I have just accepted my insanity with the knowledge that taking tours, making human connections with the people behind the desk, and most importantly sincerity, will always pay off.
    memento mori igitur memento vivere
    @SkyDoctor
    Passing as in being in the lane next to someone and speeding up, or being behind someone and changing lanes to get ahead of them?
    I see every reason to be safe while operating a two ton hunk of metal travelling at speeds many times faster than humans can go.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. While what happened is tragic, I am glad that you have advised my caution, not that I would have been reckless otherwise, but I take your words to heart.
  • ritobanrcritobanrc Posts: 11
    edited June 12
    Hello! My name is Ritoban, which is miserable for pronunciation. Thanks a lot Indian parents. Still looking for a decent nickname for people to know me by. My friend suggested Rito, but that sounds to much like Rita, a female name (apologies in advance for those that are offended by that). I live in Riverside, California and love programming and reading. And since I can't fit this in anywhere else, I'm just going to awkwardly mention that I'm 13 years old.
    by ritobanrc
    @ritobanrc
    Welcome to the proverbial family, Ritoban! I hope that you are able to bear the combination of deep discussions and random tangents that are abundant here.
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 31
    Hi Ritoban! I also have an Indian name which is really annoying when I have a substitute teacher (I go by Sam on the internet, though, so yeah.) I am also 12 years old which I think I forgot to mention on my first post. Maybe we can start a secret society of people who are I part of TNU but aren't really teenagers? I don't know. I have bad ideas pretty often. Sometimes I act on them, other times I don't. It kind of depends. Anyways, welcome!
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
    @ritobanrc Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found this forum!
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @ritobanrc Hello, welcome! :)
    What happened to @MontannaPeach @athousandowls @thisisnotmyname @turtlemcnuggets ? Where did everyone go?
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 451 ✭✭✭
    Hiiiii! Sorry I left, thanks @Bohemamine for summoning me! Honestly I didn't have time during finals, and I was super busy during May, then I just completely forgot to log back in. Now I probably have time again though!
    I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.
    I lurk a lot because I don't have anything suitable to say a lot of the times but I try to participate as much as I can :)
    Hello @ritobanrc, sup?
    I lurk a lot too. Hence why I barely have made any posts yet have been here for almost a year. I think I just always feel like an outsider in life in general. Anyway, how is everyone doing?
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • ritobanrcritobanrc Posts: 11
    I'm doing great! School year's just coming to an end, so we're basically watching movies (or taking tests) in all of our classes. PE is a free period. I have mixed feelings about summer, though.

Pros:
    - No homework
    - Not wasting 6 hours a day
    Cons:
    - More time wasted in bed
    - Less contact with my friends
    - No "homework" excuse for using the computer
    I honestly don't understand why everyone gets so hyped up about summer. Like, the list @ritobanrc made has far more cons than pros. No homework and more free time are good reasons, but now you lose contact with a bunch of your friends for 3 months. (I don't have a phone, so I can't text or call.)
    So, yeah, I kind of hate summers.
    WOT R FRENDS EVEN
    lol I don't have too many irl so I couldn't care less about that xD
    I get what y'all are saying. Summer for me is three non-productive, non-social, lazy months. None of my friends are the type of people who are actively social. I think that I have seen one of my friends outside of school and school sponsored events a grand total of three times. And even though I'm having them over at my house in a few weeks, that's the only time that we'll see each other for a while.
  • thisisnotmynamethisisnotmyname The MoonPosts: 451 ✭✭✭
    Can't relate lol... I'm just as busy as I ever am, only since I get to choose it all (unlike during the semester) I actually love everything I'm doing. I mean, don't get me wrong, college is great, I just appreciate the break. There are so many things I wasn't able to do during school that now that I'm done I'm still busy, with everything I didn't get to do before.
    I just really wanted to have a signature. I have nothing to say here.
    edited June 14
    Maybe it's just a MS and HS thing? On another note (this is completely random), I got contacts for the first time today!
    by hermionegranger
    edited June 14
    @beepbop1011 Hey you can join the "Not many if any IRL friends" club I just made!
    We have shirts! Like our friends they only exist in cyberspace. :D

by SkyDoctor
    I like that shirt @SkyDoctor

I have mixed feelings for this summer because near the end of the year one of my best friends basically back stabbed me and won't talk to me at all anymore and I'm not even sure why. So I don't know how this summer will go.
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • turtlemcnuggetsturtlemcnuggets Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭
    *hears a distant whisper from a place once visited, frequented even.*
    *stirs, slowly at first*
    *rises through the darkness of the caverns*
    *a great beating of wings, a hurling of muscles*
    *light, ahead*
    *bursts into the day in a glorious fashion*
    I HAVE BEEN CALLED

Hi guys, been a while.
    HI JACOB
  • sackclothandaisiessackclothandaisies What does this do? texasPosts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Guys I have gone a way to get on here this summer. Glad yo be back.
    @SkyDoctor fo you think I can order a virtual order of that shirt?
    @hermionegranger welcome to our pants. You seem cool, glad to have you.
    @turtlemcnuggets it's been a while, hey
    Tell me what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
  • turtlemcnuggetsturtlemcnuggets Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭
    @beepbop1011 @sackclothandaisies hi hi. What is something(s) new in your lives that I haven't been able to know about in my absence?
    @turtlemcnuggets
    Hello. Human. I have not previously interacted with you.
  • athousandowlsathousandowls West Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 171 ✭✭
    THE OWLS HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

Yeah I'm barely ever on here I'm afraid! I'm either working (23-year-old teenager over here, lol) or playing with the band, but I still watch vlogbrothers and listen to the 'pod regularly. DFTBA y'all xoxo
    So there are non-teenagers on both sides of the spectrum now (and an 11 year age gap). It's great to see you guys!
    Mors vincit omnia.
    edited June 17
    I feel like teenager is more a state of mind than an actual thing. Like, 50 year olds can be teenagers if they act like teenagers. That wasn't a very good metaphor. Oh well. Or maybe that's just because being grown up scares me. IDK. :/
    by hermionegranger