Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    @Victhenerdfighter4 Hello, glad you found us!
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 205 ✭✭
    @Victhenerdfighter4
    Cool! What is the vlogbrothers video that means the most to you.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
    @Victhenerdfighter4
    Cool. Do you have any hobbies?
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 44
    Welcome @AnFa and @Victhenerdfighter4
    I haven't been on in a while since I was at a residential camp where there was a no technology policy.
    I am a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but PHYSICS IS SO COOL!
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
  • Victhenerdfighter4Victhenerdfighter4 Posts: 11
    @Yodaboyaz My hobbies are reading and writing a lot I want to be a writer when I get older
  • AnFaAnFa Hessen, GermanyPosts: 56
    @Victhenerdfighter4 that is so cool! I wish I were a good writer. What are some of your favorite books?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Victhenerdfighter4
    Cool. I enjoy reading quite a bit too. Though I'm not the best writer.

I'm home from Sea World and LEGO Land! That was an amazing vacation.
  • ritobanrcritobanrc Posts: 11
    Today is the Day of Action for Net Neutrality and to Fight to Save the Internet. Tumblr and Reddit both have posts on their front pages for more information. At the very least, send a letter to the FCC and Congress. https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    How is everyone doing? I've mostly been studying, but I also did some of my summer reading. Have any of you read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? That's my summer reading book.

Also @Yodaboyaz I like your new picture.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Bohemamine
    Thank you. I took it on my trip.
    I've been reading a few books. Mostly Star Wars Legends books. The one I'm on right now is called Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.
    edited July 17
    Right now, I am really wanting to reread Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series. I usually read it around this time of year anyways. It's comforting, heading into a new school year with old friends from books.
    Anyone else have strange traditions like this?
    by hermionegranger
    I try to re-read Harry Potter once a year. I'm reading 13 Little Blue Envelopes right now.
    @hermionegranger
    Not quite as strange, but one of my friends and always send each other an email consisting mainly of "WHAT CLASS ARE YOU IN WHAT CLASS ARE YOU IN WHAT CLASS ARE YOU IN?".
    @anyone involved with the HPA
    I have a favor to ask anyone involved with the HPA. My sister is a leader in her school's Harry Potter Club that she co-created. The club wants to get involved with the HPA and they want to know what to do. If anyone wants to help, please PM me. Thanks!
  • turtlemcnuggetsturtlemcnuggets Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    @hermionegranger earlier this summer I completed my now third annual summer reading of "this is all: the pillow book of Cordelia kenn" which is a triumph of a book that I recommend to everyone, it is immense (in multiple ways)
    edited July 20
    @Yodaboyaz Have you tried using the search bar to find nerdfighters involved with HPA? Or maybe you try to contact someone who created a P4A video for HPA. Just some ideas I wanted to throw out there.
    @turtlemcnuggets I have never heard of that book. I will definitely check it out.
    @ritobanrc I have heard of 13 Little Blue Envelopes but I have never read it. What it it about? (No spoilers please!)
    by hermionegranger
    @Yodaboyaz Found it! Contact page for HPA right here! thehpalliance.org/contact_us
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 625 ✭✭✭
    ~~*breaks the silence*~~
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
    sup kids
    @beepbop1011 not much - just working on some college applications. How about you?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    I know this is late, but happy Esther Day! Love you guys!
    I just started school, so I'm trying to get back into the routine of school.
    edited August 5
    Hello! I'm visiting India now with my family! I was in Hawai'i last week! You can check out some of the photos I took while their on my reddit, u/ritobanrc

Also, happy Esther Day!
    @hermionegranger 13 Little Blue Envelopes was pretty good. I give it 4/5 stars, but that's probably because I'd just re-read Harry Potter. Its about a girl and 13 little blue envelopes from her eccentric aunt, the first of which tells her to go to Europe.

I also just finished Frankie Landau-Banks. It was amazing as well. I found that once I started using books mentioned in vlogbrotheres videos, the awesome-ness of the books I've been reading skyrocketed.
    by ritobanrc
    ~~oh nice india is nice i live here~~
    I finished American Gods, now I'm reading Coraline. Neil Gaiman FTW!
    Also finished the first season of Torchwood, pretty darn good.
    @ritobanrc I went to Hawai'i during spring break this year. It was really fun, although we went to too many beaches (I'm not a huge fan of beaches. Water's too salty, sand just gets everywhere). Which island are you on? 13 Little Blue Envelopes sounds good, I'll have to read it.

@beepbop1011 I have wanted to read Coraline, but the reviews said thay were pretty scary, and get pretty scared, so *insert scared cat noise* What's American Gods? I've never heard of it.
    @beepbop1011 how is American Gods? My friend was reading it and it looked pretty long, didn't find out what they thought about it.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    Happy late Esther Day!
    I spent the weekend at my aunt and uncle's house. They live two and a half hours away, so we only see them once or twice a year. But now we're visiting more often because my uncle has has ALS for the past few years, and his time is nearing an end. We want to get as much quality time in as we can.
  • MargaretKMargaretK GreecePosts: 3
    Hello and happy late Esther Day! I am really glad I found a relatively active forum that I can relate to.
    MargaretK