Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 46
    Happy National Book Lovers Day to all my fellow book lovers out there on the Internet!
    A life? Cool! Where can I get one of those?
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭
    @Yodaboyaz That sucks. I'm sorry you and your family are going through that. I'm glad you're able to spend some time with him now, though.
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 215 ✭✭
    @MontannaPeach
    Thanks. We've had several years to come to terms with it, but it's still sad.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    @Yodaboyaz I'm very sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

@MargaretK Welcome! How are you doing? What led you to our little corner of the mostly dead forum?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Bohemamine
    Thank you. One silver lining is that he has lived for six years after diagnosis. That is way longer than average, so we have gotten to spend much more time with him.
    I am so sorry about your uncle. I didn't see your post, but I hope you do get to have as much time as possible.
    Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me.
    Were any of you guys close to the path of totality for the eclipse? I was pretty far outside the range, but still got part of the effect.

Also anybody going back to school soon?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Bohemamine
    I got max 60% of the Sun covered. I used both the eclipse glasses and a pin hole. Seeing the shadows of everything go all wonky was amazing.
  • SkyDoctorSkyDoctor Exoplanet HD 189733bPosts: 91
    I got about %70 it was really quite interesting.
    memento mori igitur memento vivere
    I was right next to totality, so I got about 97-98%. It was really neat. I really hope I get to see a total solar eclipse someday.
    @Bohemamine I have been in school for since August 3. We start school really early, but our summer starts around May 27.
    @Bohemamine
    I am now in my third week of school.
    @hermionegranger
    There's another one in 2024 that's going over Mexico, Texas, and some of the Eastern U.S..
  • Simba_KingSimba_King Posts: 10
    Hi. my name is Michelle. I'm from Nairobi Kenya. I'm 20 years old which i know is in breach of the thread's rule but i just joined the website about 20 minutes ago and would like to make some friends. love and Light to everyone and have a Nerdtastic day/night.
    @hermionegranger @Yodaboyaz Wow you guys go back to school very early. I don't start until September 5. I know some colleges don't even start until mid-september.

@Simba_King Welcome! Don't worry if you aren't a teenager - I think some people on here are 12 and others (who used to be on this page more) are somewhere around 22 or 23. How did you find us?
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • Simba_KingSimba_King Posts: 10

@hermionegranger @Yodaboyaz Wow you guys go back to school very early. I don't start until September 5. I know some colleges don't even start until mid-september.

@Simba_King Welcome! Don't worry if you aren't a teenager - I think some people on here are 12 and others (who used to be on this page more) are somewhere around 22 or 23. How did you find us?

Thanks! And I came across the whole website just 4 days ago when i started watching Volgbrothers on YouTube. So today i decided to make it official and join the gang! So happy and Excited to be here.
    @Simba_King Welcome to our corner of the internet(with the number of people that say that, the internet must have an awful lot of corners), we are so glad you found us! I am on the other end of the teenager spectrum, being 12. I will be thirteen in three weeks, however.

@Bohemamine In the part of the U.S. that I live in, most schools start school around the same time I did. There was even one county where the first day of school was July 31st. Anyways, DFTBA!
    @Simba_King
    Welcome to our little niche of Nerdfightaria!
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 455
    Hello. My name is Hunter and I'm 17. I've been on these forums for two years as of today. I haven't really strayed from the "forum games" subsection of general discussion (which all of you need to visit as it's mildly dead). I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I like video games, anime, and reading.

I think I can see it now. It’s time. Time to move on and let go. We aren’t workable for at least years to come. Don’t forget me in 4 years.

edited August 26
    I'm glad to see some new activity around here! Which part of the"forum games" do you hang out in?
    I'm sometimes over at Last One to Post Here Wins. Is there a way to tag an entire thread? I am also a huge reader (Can you tell from my profile pic?). Um, now I have absolutely nothing else to say. *awkwardly drifts off*
    by hermionegranger
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 628 ✭✭✭
    hey nerds
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 455
    Pretty much half of the threads in "forum games" is my home. At any given time I'm generally half of the most recent activity on the front page. Sadly, recent activity has been sparse and I'm forced to look elsewhere on the forums.
    The profile pic I'm using is from the top of a local mountain during a day hike with my friend.

I think I can see it now. It’s time. Time to move on and let go. We aren’t workable for at least years to come. Don’t forget me in 4 years.

@the_one_on_the_left Welcome! Our forum will take a break once in a while as well (two weeks or so with no activity). Also I'm 17, too - going into senior year (and not prepared...). But it's nice to meet you. How is it in British Columbia?
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Bohemamine It's good for now. It's nice to meet you as well. By "recent activity" I meant like the last 6 months has been slim pickings. I go through periods of activity. Sometimes I'm constant here, others I can go a month without checking.

@the_one_on_the_left oh also do you have any anime recommendations? I want to get into it, but I don't really know where to start.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    edited August 28
    @Bohemamine actually I have this list, curated by myself, for such an occasion.
    1. Berserk - an older anime, with less fancy animation by far, but the story and presentation is amazing.
    2. Noir - this one feels like it could be a hit or miss, but I love it. About an assassin duo.
    3. Psychopass - ignore the potentially off putting name, this anime is possibly my favourite. About harsh realities a recruit has to face in futuristic Tokyo (or thereabouts)
    4. Code geass - about a genius leading a rebellion (to start at least)
    5. Cowboy bebop - space and cowboys. Nuff said.
    6. The blue exorcist - if a devil became an exorcist.
    7. Your lie in April - a beautiful and tragic tale of doomed love.

If you want fun action, start at cowboy bebop or the blue exorcist.
    If you want romance, your lie in April.
    Psychological thriller, psychopass.o
    Berserk is just pure greatness, although the lack of production values compared to today's anime is certainly evident. But get past that, and it's amazing.
    Noir is a balance between action and character development.
    Code geass is more action-ey
    by the_one_on_the_left

• beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 628 ✭✭✭
    I've only ever seen like 3 lol
    Yuri on Ice, Erased, and Attack on Titan.
    Erased was good since it's short and the story is deep and kinda intense, AoT is too action-y sometimes, Yuri on Ice is adorable and gay and I love it
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
    Out of those, I've only seen attack on titan. Although I've heard of erased.

@the_one_on_the_left Thanks so much! I'll check those out. So far I've watched Yuri on Ice (I'm a figure skater) and Your Lie in April
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @Bohemamine oh and of course, one punch man! Over the top stupid action, but genuinely funny. And the over the top action is perfect amount. It's over the top, but perfectly over the top because of the anime.

• AnFaAnFa Hessen, GermanyPosts: 68
    I'm currently reading the manga Blue Exocist. Up until now I think it's good. :)

Hello to the new people *waves* :D How are you?