Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• RancronRancron schoolPosts: 19
    YES HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!
    I’ve read the 6 part trilogy three times and I’m still slightly confused
    But it’s AMAZING
    Also I’m on my phone so no formatting
    God didn't give us minds just so we could refuse to use them.

DAVID WEBER, By Schism Rent Asunder
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 226 ✭✭
    @Rancron Smoke and Mirrors has some really good songs.
    @tutti
    I have read the first book, and until about four hours ago, I did not know that there were SIX BOOKS.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • tuttitutti Posts: 45
    @Yodaboyaz I think there are actually 5 books, but I'm not completely sure.
    "the purpose of life is to discover your gift, and the meaning of life is to give your gift away."
    @Yodaboyaz my favorite song from smoke and mirrors is either gold or Polaroid my best friend LOVES shots
    @tutti you may be right I'm not sure how many books there are (Googling...)
    Good Lord have mercy on us all...
    there are 9 of them
    so we were a wee bit off
    anyway I have the entire week off next week so yay!
    whats not yay is the 3 essays I have due on Friday, so I need to get going
    Ciao

• BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    I read the first Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy but I guess I have to read the others ones, too! May have to wait until after all my college apps go in, though.
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces recyclable trash texasPosts: 449 ✭✭✭
    @tutti ( I think it was you who started this discussion) I have read the first, book and I want to read them all. ( It was actually on my Summer to do list, but I never got to it.) I really like what I have read though!
    @allofyounerdfighterpeople we can easily do that playlist thing again just tag me with a song. I will make a new one for us! :)
    @Rancron 9 of them! I thought there were only 4.
    “You're both the fire and the water that extinguishes it. You're the narrator, the protagonist, and the sidekick. You're the storyteller and the story told. You are somebody's something, but you are also your you.”
    ― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down
    side note: did John not make a video yesterday? It is not showing up on my Youtube.
    “You're both the fire and the water that extinguishes it. You're the narrator, the protagonist, and the sidekick. You're the storyteller and the story told. You are somebody's something, but you are also your you.”
    @ohalltheplaces your right i havnt gotten one since the Hank Dr. Lawrence Turtleman colab

also with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    Google said there are 9
    I've read 6
    I think there are 5 in the main series
    plus one thats just all an illusion made by a guide that is shaped like a bird
    plus all the bonus ones

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 58
    Holy guacamole! It's been awhile since I've been on here.
    @Hitchhikersguidetothegalaxy I've heard of this bookish seriesish thing, and it is on my to-read list, but I haven't actually gotten around to reading it. I will try and get to it soon, though. And I have absolutely no idea how many of them there are. Wikipedia says there's five but I dunno anymore.
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
    And also I can't find John's video either.
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
    'ello stop by for a cup o' tea?

Yeah haven't seen any new videos recently.

Out of curiosity, what are some of your favorite vlogbrothers years? I feel like they have changed a lot so different videos kind of cater to different people.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    im kinda new to nerd fighting so I havent seen any 'cept this year, and their first year, and all the ones about books

but anyway HI @hermionegranger how are you? Would you like to answer 3 questions to cross my bridge over the chasm of DEATH?

Um, I've only been a nerdfighter since March, so I don't have a lot to say on this topic. When I watch old videos though, I tend to notice that Hank and John tend to have actual conversations. For example, John might bring something up in his video, and Hank will respond the next day. They also make more references to inside jokes in older videos. This might be because vlogbrothers has a much larger audience now, so not everyone will understand jokes originating from ten years ago.
    yeah...
    inside jokes are fun

edited November 16
    It is strange that John hasn't updated because 1. that means punishment 2. I don't think he has ever just not made a video. Actually I am sort of worried, which sounds lame, but really.
    UPDATE according to his Twitter he is really sick and was in the hospital. :(
    by ohalltheplaces
    edited November 16
    yah
    EDIT
    oops didnt mean to post yet but whatever
    by Rancron

@Rancron happy accidental hello
    @Bohemamine I have seen a few years, I really love early vlogbrothers, because it is so like ummm unedited. ( I am the type of person who likes the messy side of humanity, which sounded weird lol) I wish I was around for it!
    yah while clean things are nice, I also prefer messy things because you can understand them better.
    also random thing
    whats your profile pic is it you or just something you found on the internet

@Rancron my profile? Oh that is me lol.
    oh
    hmmm
    it looks vaguely familiar

• YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 226 ✭✭
    @Hitchhiker'sGuidetotheGalaxy
    I read the first one a while ago, but understood very little of it.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
    yah it is rather confusing
    but once you figure it out its hilarious
    I mean did you know that doing a double-backward somersault through a hoop while whistling the "Star Spangled Banner,"
    is saying so long and thanks for all the fish in dolphin

@Rancron Well that's weird, but who knows.
    @Yodaboyaz I feel like Hitchhikers is one of those things you have to dedicate a very long amount of time to understand. ( like Dr. Who or The Series of Unfortunate Events)
    @everyone I will be gone for a week. HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING!
    @ohalltheplaces I hope you have a great time!

Personally I do like the older videos. Although I think my favorite years might be around 2010-2012. It brings a sense of nostalgia even though I haven't always kept up with watching the videos. It almost makes me sad that things had to change and they started making more topic-based videos rather than just talking (even though they do that once in a while). I did like when it was more of a conversation.
    Mors vincit omnia.
  • tuttitutti Posts: 45
    @ohalltheplaces Have a nice time going wherever you're going this week, happy thanksgiving too!
    Wow, the activity has really picked up here. Sorry I haven't commented in a bit, life is really hectic at the moment. One of my closest friends ditched me a few months ago but it's really started to affect my social life now, I have hardly any friends and its really hard. I'm so thankful for the internet.
    "the purpose of life is to discover your gift, and the meaning of life is to give your gift away."
    @tutti I'm sorry... I was in the same position at the end of last year and beginning of this school year. But you can always talk to us!
    Mors vincit omnia.
    @tutti At the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year, my best friend and I were super close. However, we only had one class together, and that switched after the first 9 weeks. We started to drift apart, until we just stopped talking. It took a huge toll on me because we'd been good friends for a couple years by then. I'd started relying on her as a rock, just someone I knew would support me all the time. I realized that I really didn't have anyone to vent to. I eventually made new friends, but it was really tough to get through. I think just knowing that you'll get through it and make new friends will help. I hope having friends online does help, even a little bit.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it!