Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• RancronRancron School in Mason, OhioPosts: 36
    Did you post last years vid to you tube?
    If so can you send me a link I would love to see it.
    If we do a hangout I can dm you my email also how would we do group dms on this
    I feel we were made to add joy to that hurt. To show people that life may not be the best, but it's not the worst. To show that without darkness there would be no light, but there can be light in the world.
    - My Friend
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces reveling in paradox and satire TexasPosts: 464 ✭✭✭
    @Rancron on okay cool, Um yeah I will send a link in a DM.
    @everyone if you want to do this, just tell me so I can add you
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    Always the procreant urge of the world"
    - Walt Whitman
    alright thats cool with me
    I feel we were made to add joy to that hurt. To show people that life may not be the best, but it's not the worst. To show that without darkness there would be no light, but there can be light in the world.
    - My Friend
  • tuttitutti Posts: 58
    @ohalltheplaces This sounds like so much fun. I don't really knoe much about google hangouts though but I will figure it out.
    Also what charity will we do?
    "the purpose of life is to discover your gift, and the meaning of life is to give your gift away."
    edited November 30
    we were talking doing suicide prevention
    if you dm your gmail i can add you to the chat
    EDIT - wow that was full of a poop ton of typos (we cant cuss here i think but is this fine?)
    by Rancron
    - My Friend
    @Rancron Suicide prevention would be a great charity to do, mental health means a lot to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels that way.
    I have an optus email instead of gmail, would I have to make one?
    "the purpose of life is to discover your gift, and the meaning of life is to give your gift away."
    also its fine if you cuss because I'm pretty sure it automatically makes it say PIZZZAA

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger Atlanta, Georgia, USAPosts: 60
    Hey guys
    I haven't really been on in a while, but I would LOVE to do a P4A collab. If there's a hangout, can one of y'all add me to it. I'll DM whoever it is my email address.
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
    Yah so @tutti I got you dm and will add you
    If you just google hangouts it will be one of the first responses
    @hermionegranger you can dm me or ohalltheplaces with your Gmail account
    - My Friend
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces reveling in paradox and satire TexasPosts: 464 ✭✭✭
    I think the DM is all set up! :)
    thank you all!
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    @everyone for a change of topic for all you not going on the P4A
    So yesterday I took a personality test, I really love them. It made me think how strange it is that a set of words or letters could sort of define a person.
    For Example I got a INFP ( in a personality test which is spilt into 16 types, I don't know the official name I think is just 16personalities). It stands for Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving. I thought it was strange how they can explain the complexity of any human with just 4 words.
    Anyway that was spammy
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 489 ✭✭
    edited December 1
    Personality tess have always been interesting to me, I like taking many varied tests, as occasionally I get asked a question or see a result that makes me think about myself and realize something new about my personality.
    That being said, I don’t hold them all to the same standard. For example, the 16 personality test is basically made up psychology and not based in any sort of evidence or testing, and it’s results don’t mean too much to me. If you’re looking for a far more data based and trusted testing, I recommend looking up “the big five” personality test.
    For a science based relationship test: “LOVE APTITUDES TEST” the link on google with an all caps title in PDF form is the one you want. I highly recommend the above test to everyone and their partner, you might learn something about yourselves.
    by the_one_on_the_left
    Am I smart? No idea. I believe I’m fairly knowledgeable and logical, a good substitute I hope.
    oh my! okay I will then. lol
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    @ohalltheplaces I actually took it recently and got INJF, which I had already guessed. I'm a bit sceptical of personality tests but 16personality was surprisingly accurate.
    @tutti I thought it was too. But I also always read my horoscope, and I think I am a pretty good Taurus, and I know it is not like "logical".
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 231 ✭✭
    @ohalltheplaces
    I remember taking that test. I don't remember what I got, but it was rather accurate.
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
  • BohemamineBohemamine Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    @ohalltheplaces Ohh the myers briggs test? I definitely took that at one point in one of my classes. But I remember really disliking the rest of the class because we had to go to different corners of the room based on the different options and the teacher started making really bad generalizations and stereotypes about us for the rest of the year based on that class.

I think they are useful to an extent but I don't think it is necessarily accurate in saying what profession is best for you or whether or not you would work well with someone. I think it is trying too hard to put a label on someone. Which is kind of what we are trying to do all the time, but that classification leads to discrimination in the workplace.
    Mors vincit omnia.
    WOAH
    has anyone read Ready Player One
    it is like the 8th or 9th best thing that has happened to me since star wars
    - My Friend
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left The top half of the longest undefended border in the worldPosts: 489 ✭✭
    I have, but it’s been several years now. I most definitely enjoyed it and certainly recommend it, but the next book (Armada) that author (Ernest cline I believe) produced was nowhere near as good in my opinion.
    Am I smart? No idea. I believe I’m fairly knowledgeable and logical, a good substitute I hope.
    @Rancron I have not, but if it is that good then I must read it.
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    okay No.1 this is more dead than Edgar Allen Poe
    No. opinions on Turtles being made into a movie?
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    Well then to address them in reverse order...
    3) Im doing well how are you :)
    2) Im actually slightly opposed to the movie, I prefer to imagine what characters look like the opportunities for fan art are more interesting when they arent limited by others interpretations
    1) how was your day mine was good so far. Im about to go to my orchestra concert so I am a little nervous
    And now I have to go back and add random commas so it looks like I can grammar
    so yeah good day to you all
    mmmm PS do any of yall have any ideas of cheap art supplies ideas for a secret santa exchange
    - My Friend
    edited December 8
    I have no real opinions, as I haven’t read it at all. I suppose as long as it turns out well, the more people that experience the lovingly crafted and pristine work of art that I’m confident the book is (probably, lol, no idea) the better!

My day was great! I met with a local girl I was talking to online for two weeks. We got to spend an hour together in the cold, shivering.
    The next piece is fairly TMI and not for all, so here’s your chance to skip it if not interested!
    Didn’t stop us from (my first) touching of (clothed) things! so it’s made my day grrrrreat!

Also, I swear nerdfighteria is wayyyyyyy below the average tolerance of any group of people for anything sex related at all. Has anyone else noticed this? I suppose it’s because it’s a family place, but even in threads and forums with no younglings, it’s still practically heresy.
    I think it’s kind of ironic, considering nerdfighteria prominently features sexplanations.
    by the_one_on_the_left
    well that sounds like fun, had you known them before or did you meet online?
    also TATWD was a great book I am kinda curious how they will portray certain events
    also I like saying also
    ALSO MY ORCHESTRA CONCERT WASN'T HALF BAD!
    also (last one I promise) I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK ON THIS KEYBOARD
    Quick thing (see didnt say also) I don't know if this is a rendering glitch but none of the stuff under your quote showed up. Yeah I agree I mean sex is a part of life, you having a girlfriend (I assume its there but sorry if its not) is great.
    I think its at least partly the forum setup (This is like my 4th edit or somthin') we have so much time to plan our responses we never let our filters down because we have the time to check and edit our responses
    So I for one will try to keep these more open, kinda like my blog (pls dont go looking for it its nearly as scary as my tumblr) Im gonna just say whatever I think of first and only go back ONCE to fix the worst spelling mistakes and make sure its understandable (didnt do a great job here but whatever)
    YA KNOW WHAT IVE RAMBLED ENOUGH POST IT!!!!!
    - My Friend
    @Rancron Glad your orchestra concert went well, what instrument do you play? I play the trumpet and piano.
    I actually love the idea of tatwd being a movie, but I don't think I'll ever watch it because I don't want the movie to interfere with how I imagined the book to be. I'm excited it might be a movie because heaps of people can enjoy the story even if they don't read that much (and it would undoubtedly be seen by heaps of people), and also it would teach millions more people about ocd which would hopefully reduce comments that make it seem like a 'neat freak' thing as opposed to a 'serious mental illness' thing. It seems like many people don't actually realise that ocd is an actual problem that affects people's lives, not another word to describe a person who has a perfectly organised pencil case. Hopefully a tatwd movie would help that. I may have just gone on a bit of a rant but oh well.
    @the_one_on_the_left Yeah, compared to most places of the internet nerdfighteria is definitely like that. It's probably not to do with their tolerance of the subject and more to do with the fact that we tend to discuss other things like books and puppy sized elephants. There's nothing wrong with discussing it though.
    uhm so I play violin
    - My Friend
    @the_one_on_the_left I agree that this place is probably rather filtered. The reason I never say any sort of stuff is because 1. nothing ever happens and 2. If it did I am super socially awkward anyway which 3. is most likely the reason for number 1. Anyway I don't think a whole lot of people would really care what anyone says. I would like to know if you find it awkward that you guys met online, because my closest thing to a romance is with someone I met online ( here actually) and I always found it a little strange to talk about it, like the whole internet stigma.

To answer my own question at first I really hated the idea of Turtles ( I say Turtles although I think it is technically TAtWD) being made into a movie. I sort of like it now, mostly because I really like when things happen that bring our community together, which I think this will. I also really trust John ( even if he doesn't cast) and I think he will do a good job with making the movie do the book justice.

@Rancron Congrats on the concert. I have always wanted to play the violin. I can't actually play anything though.
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    also @ Luke I don't know if you lurk anymore, but we need you and your power to stop the spam.
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman
    spam of what
    this thread doesnt seem to bad
    - My Friend
    on the regular page. not on this thread.
    "Urge and urge and urge,
    - Walt Whitman