Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left B.C. CanadaPosts: 567 ✭✭
    @hermionegranger I’m not saying you should tell her, but don’t be afraid to if you want to. Someone who reacts too negatively is probably not someone you would want to keep as a friend, and it’s can be sad to look back on missed opportunities.
    Mind you, you are pretty young aren’t you? A crush may pass, and they might not be mature enough to handle it properly. I don’t see a great reason to not tell them, but I don’t see a good reason to tell them until you’re more confident in your feelings.
    There are always more pieces to the puzzle.
  • AdaAda Posts: 97
    What do you do when you're bored? I have a lot of time to painfully and slowly murder.
    Make art, not friends.
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭
    Read Alex Verus
    My substitution for facebook and twitter: 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/neiroatopelcc
    I spend a lot of time thinking. My job is to deliver parts, which is surprisingly mentally intensive, except when I’m doing a delivery I’ve alredy done several times and am driving there on mental autopilot. I spend that time thinking about my life and planning. I intentionally don’t listen to music, as that grounds a person in the moment and time seems to pass slower. When you can lose yourself in thought, time flies. I plan for my financial future, mull over my relationships and friendships, think about what I can do to improve my life and cut out what’s toxic. As a result, I’m incredibly satisfied with life, and am secure in the knowledge that life is good and moving well.
  • steelsheepsteelsheep Posts: 6
    I’m almost never not bored but I usually watch tv
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger the nearest libraryPosts: 112 ✭✭
    I do a lot of reading. I also listen to podcasts, mostly Dear Hank and John and Delete This, but also Freakonomics, which is really cool and I would highly recommend.
    Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti.
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,666 ✭✭✭
    Read, play video games, worldbuild, and at college I'll go for a walk. For reading, can't go wrong with the Kingkiller Chronicles if you like anything about fantasy.
    I love you and I like you
    Thanks! Usually what I do is, um, think about what I should be doing other than thinking about what I should be doing other than... you get it.
    Make art, not friends.
  • YodaboyazYodaboyaz Chandler, ArizonaPosts: 261 ✭✭
    @hermionegranger
    Congrats on one year!
    I don't have any experience with crushes, but this could be a good chance to open a conversation. You don't have to do anything about the crush, but you could explain your situation to your friend. (But as @Ada said, easier said than done)
    "I don't know." What a liberating phrase.
    I bought a bike today. Sort of.
    I put the money required for a bike onto my account at the store, and the bike will arrive next week, at which point my store account will be charged accordingly.
    I’ll pick it up that day, and life will be good. It cost 800$, which is reasonable for the quality and type of bike I bought. It’s going to endure daily use to and from work, plus whatever else I use for, and should last for many years.
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,666 ✭✭✭
    @the_one_on_the_left Nice! I haven't rode a bike in a few years, and I kinda miss it. But there's no reason for me to get one, because there's nowhere to actually ride it.
    I love you and I like you
    Make art, not friends.
    @SANTA_ATE_CHICAGO It’s replacing the function a car would have in my life, that’s where I’m using it. For everything. My town requires personal transportation, but a car is far too expensive for my fiscally responsible self.
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces I just wanted to be one of The Strokes TexasPosts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited June 8
    Sorry I've not been very active, my life has been changing a lot. I just got a laptop so I renew my pledge of consistency.

@hermionegranger Cograts on the year! As for your crush. I think a good step is coming out to her. Depending on how she reacts you might not even want to be her friend, much less a potential love interest. That's just my opinion, though. I'm wishing you lots of luck

@Ada to answer an earlier question I mostly listen to music. Since I've started my job I've also started to listen to podcasts

Speaking of which @everyone podcast recomentatuons are very welcome
    by ohalltheplaces
    "I want to make a simple point about peace and love
    But in a sexy way where it's not obvious
    Highlight dangers and send out hidden messages
    The way some science fiction does"
    -"Science Fiction" Arctic Monkeys
    @ohalltheplaces Hannalyze This, all of John and Hank's podcasts, The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel, and Story Not Story.
    Make art, not friends.
    @ohalltheplaces under the influence. A remarkable podcast about advertising.
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces I just wanted to be one of The Strokes TexasPosts: 542 ✭✭✭
    @Ada and @the_one_on_the_left thanks for the suggestions. So far I've just been going though Dear Hank and John.
    @ohalltheplaces try hello internet
    @steelsheep What grade are you in? What's your favorite bridge? What do you like to do? Did your grandfather invent the penny?
    Make art, not friends.
    @Ada clever. That should be our standard questions when we get a new person!
    I gave my profile a makeover!
    @Ada I’m in 8th grade. my favorite bridge in the USA is the Ambassador Bridge. I like movies and tv shows because I am into theater and acting. I also like archery and field hockey, the harp, clarinet, cello, and violin (out of these I currently only play the clarinet and violin)
    @steelsheep Cool! I'm glad you joined us.
    Make art, not friends.
    @steelsheep you’re more promising than most newcomers. Welcome, and may you stay until the end of time.
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger the nearest libraryPosts: 112 ✭✭
    @Ada Dear Hank and John reference?
    Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti.
    edited June 12
    @steelsheep It truly sounds as you are made of awesome! I'm so glad that you found your way into Our Pants. :tongue:

@everyone I still feel a little ashasamed at the lacking my knowledge in references from (Dear) Fear Hank and John. I'm working through it, though. I've listened to like 20 episodes so far! There is a LOT!

ALSO I JUST ORDERED MY FIRST PIZZA JOHN SHIRT. I also preordered Hank's book and got a These Stars Won't Go Out bracelet! I am so excited for them to come in. I'm going to Georgia for a week, then 3 in Colorado. So I hope I meet some nerdfighters
    by ohalltheplaces
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭

knowledge in references from Fear Hank and John.

That should be a thing
    My substitution for facebook and twitter: 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/neiroatopelcc
    @ohalltheplaces Awesome!

@everyone Does anyone know where or when Hank is going on tour????? I can't find the dates and locations anywhere...
    Make art, not friends.
    @Ada I don't think It has been actually released yet. I think John just accidentally dropped the fact there was going to be one.
    > @NeiroAtOpelCc said:
    > knowledge in references from Fear Hank and John.
    >
    > That should be a thing

Oh PIZZA.lol