Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• SeluuniSeluuni Posts: 107
    PIZZZAA PIZZZAA PIZZZAA bitch PIZZZAA PIZZZAA
  • UnderscoreUnderscore Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Carolyn said:
    @underscore I am in AP World so we spent a day on him. But I'm writing a story(for nanowrimo but I quit) about his childhood. I may go to Greece and Italy this summer if I get enough money....
    Basically all history is worth learning. 
    Exactly! Im in AP wold as well (my 1st year of the class), but im just reaching the warring states period of China, due partially to the vastly insignificant fact that I have lost almost two weeks of school to Hurricane Sandy.

And yea, I want nothing more than to go to Italy and be the only one of my family who understands even some of the language.
    by Underscore
    edited November 2012
    PIZZZAA
    by Seluuni
  • CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Carolyn said:
    @underscore I am in AP World so we spent a day on him. But I'm writing a story(for nanowrimo but I quit) about his childhood. I may go to Greece and Italy this summer if I get enough money....
    Basically all history is worth learning. 
    Exactly! Im in AP wold as well (my 1st year of the class), but im just reaching the warring states period of China, due partially to the vastly insignificant fact that I have lost almost two weeks of school to Hurricane Sandy.
    AP world is a one year class. So we are currently in the middle ages Mali I think? I dunno, I don't read the book. Ap world goes too fast, I hate it, and my teacher is literally the worst. It's just not how I learn history. 2 weeks? Wow, I spent 1 day out of school....I hope everything's okay where you live. 
    Also I want to go to Italy and Greece because it's with People to People. Italy itself isn't important, it's the whole 19 days with 40 kids, no family, and stuff like that. 
    by Carolyn
    My skype is soccerhorse10,
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    Seluuni said:
    BRAINTREE SOUNDS LIKE A TOWN FULL OF SLIGHTLY IMAGINATIVE RAVENCLAWS
    "What shall we name our town"
    "Braintree, because we are brainy and trees are pretty PIZZZAA cool"
    "Excellent"
    The PIZZZAA just made it ten times better. I've been trying very hard not to cuss myself, because I have such a bad mouth and I'm trying so hard to fix that. (Also, when I quote your thing I can see the swear right now in the post editor. Hahaha.)
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne
    sherlock said:
    Seluuni said:
    BRAINTREE SOUNDS LIKE A TOWN FULL OF SLIGHTLY IMAGINATIVE RAVENCLAWS
    "What shall we name our town"
    "Braintree, because we are brainy and trees are pretty PIZZZAA cool"
    "Excellent"
    The PIZZZAA just made it ten times better. I've been trying very hard not to cuss myself, because I have such a bad mouth and I'm trying so hard to fix that. (Also, when I quote your thing I can see the swear right now in the post editor. Hahaha.)
    Mwahahahhahaha 
    My plans of world domination through PIZZZAA will continue
    just secretly 
    @Carolyn in my district, it is two years, or so i believe. And it was a week and two days really, but the proposed blizzard that only left four inches of snow was seemingly enough to warrant a snow day, and i did next to nothing the two days i was in. But i digress. I had a horrid teacher, who was thankfully pregnant, and left about a month into the year. I seem to have the worst luck with teachers, really.
  • RaeRae Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭
    ooh i'm from near boston too! i agree, its really pretty in Massachusetts,but i HATE the cold.  i do love going on trail rides in western mass. I'm Rae, in 8th grade, so unfortunately on the younger side of nerdfighteria. i like a lot of the towns names, i like how they sort of old and quaint and country for a town less then 10 miles out of boston. mine's also got a weird system of "villages" within the town, so it sounds really cute with names like Buttonwood and Chestnut Hill! . i'm also a rather new nerdfighter, so this is the first pants forum i've been around for! 
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    PIZZZAA 5eva.

(I have to go to bed because I have work in the morning, but if you'd like to talk to me more my tumblr and twitter are in my profile. I'm terrible at internet relationships. I'm going to warn you all now. So yeah, at your own risk.)
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne
  • Hi. im Julia. I had an account in your pants, but I was a bit intimidated to join TNU then... iguess I'll try now....I'm from New York. I love math and I play six instruments... I also (very rarely) make videos....
    @Carolyn in my district, it is two years, or so i believe. And it was a week and two days really, but the proposed blizzard that only left four inches of snow was seemingly enough to warrant a snow day, and i did next to nothing the two days i was in. But i digress. I had a horrid teacher, who was thankfully pregnant, and left about a month into the year. I seem to have the worst luck with teachers, really.
    For being Ohio, I got hit pretty hard...rained for a week straight. 
    My history teacher married an asian because John Lennon did. I wish I was joking. He doesn't teach. 2 years would be so much better, but I am probably taking APUSH and AP Euro next year, so I'm kinda glad AP world is one year. 
    It's hard to have good luck with teachers...
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    sherlock said:
    PIZZZAA 5eva.

(I have to go to bed because I have work in the morning, but if you'd like to talk to me more my tumblr and twitter are in my profile. I'm terrible at internet relationships. I'm going to warn you all now. So yeah, at your own risk.)
    Well I have just followed you, so I may talk to you later
    @neverblinkever great username. Im in New York as well! What instruments do you play?
  • AlagornBlackAlagornBlack Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 19
    Hey, I'm Bronnie, 19, from Australia.
    I'm still fairly new to the NF community, so I haven't been involved in any of the previous forums.
    I'm studying science at uni, and I love books and animals.
    *waves*
    Our journey has been traced by his hooves
  • @underscore I play piano, guitar, bassoon, ukulele, sax and violin... btw loving your thumbnail :)
    Hi. im Julia. I had an account in your pants, but I was a bit intimidated to join TNU then... iguess I'll try now....I'm from New York. I love math and I play six instruments... I also (very rarely) make videos....
    TNU is fun, or at least, now it may be. Especially since just about none of us know each other. I don't think any of the old people are coming back...
    Rae said:
    ooh i'm from near boston too! i agree, its really pretty in Massachusetts,but i HATE the cold.  i do love going on trail rides in western mass. I'm Rae, in 8th grade, so unfortunately on the younger side of nerdfighteria. i like a lot of the towns names, i like how they sort of old and quaint and country for a town less then 10 miles out of boston. mine's also got a weird system of "villages" within the town, so it sounds really cute with names like Buttonwood and Chestnut Hill! . i'm also a rather new nerdfighter, so this is the first pants forum i've been around for! 
    8th grade isn't that young. I was 13 when I first started talking here...Also I really want to live near Boston....
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    @Carolyn I can certainly attest to that. My teacher in seventh grade was great, if a bit unfocused, but it's been downhill from there.And wow, your teacher seems like one hell of a guy...
    i've been in the ER with my dog for HOURS just to find that theres nothing wrong with her. :/ the final results come back tomorrow though, she might be sick =( 
    @Carolyn I can certainly attest to that. My teacher in seventh grade was great, if a bit unfocused, but it's been downhill from there.And wow, your teacher seems like one hell of a guy...
    Did you know that when I was in 7th grade, I had 4 different history teachers. 
    First I was in a GREAT history class, and then they switched me to a different class that had already gone through 2 teachers in the first 3 months. 
    We then had 3 other teachers through the year
    And I had really WANTED to learn world history then, too... :( 
    Hey, I'm Bronnie, 19, from Australia.
    I'm still fairly new to the NF community, so I haven't been involved in any of the previous forums.
    I'm studying science at uni, and I love books and animals.
    *waves*
    ANIMALS. Also Australians are cool. 
    I can tell many stories about him....none of them good. My 7th grade history teacher was perfect.
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • SarahLynnSarahLynn Posts: 65
    ... Hi. My name's Sarah, but due to the fact that I literally know seven Sarahs in my grade, my middle name (Lynn) always gets tacked onto the end.  I'm 18 years old, I live in the Midwest, and I like languages, reading, and learning.
    @neverblinkever wow, that's a pretty wide range. I can play most common percussion instruments you care to throw at me, though melodic ones are rather new to me. I can hardly read music, but im not bad playing from ear. And yes, the noble interrobang; i quite like it.

Rae
    said:
    8th grade isn't that young. I was 13 when I first started talking here...Also I really want to live near Boston....
    trust me, boston's not all that awesome. at first its all like OMG MUSEUMS AND RED SOX AND TAKING THE T then when you're like a teen it just starts feeling like crumbly little city it is, especially now that all the sports teams suck... plus it snows to much. i guess the museums are pretty cool though, and a lot of concerts and stuff come here, but in all its pretty boring compared to NYC or LA or San Diego. 
  • @underscore I happen to have a slight obsession with fonts and typography... It passes the normal into the slightly scary..... 
    @carolyn Yea, most definitely. It really shouldn't be so difficult to teach history in a stimulating way; its such a fascinating field.
    Rae said:

Rae
    said:
    trust me, boston's not all that awesome. at first its all like OMG MUSEUMS AND RED SOX AND TAKING THE T then when you're like a teen it just starts feeling like crumbly little city it is, especially now that all the sports teams suck... plus it snows to much. i guess the museums are pretty cool though, and a lot of concerts and stuff come here, but in all its pretty boring compared to NYC or LA or San Diego. 
    Tell me more about how your teams suck. You have the Bruins. The Boston Bruins. I am in Cleveland. We have nothing. We have less than nothing. I was there in the spring and it was so pretty, and I love the history there. 
    SarahLynn said:
    ... Hi. My name's Sarah, but due to the fact that I literally know seven Sarahs in my grade, my middle name (Lynn) always gets tacked onto the end.  I'm 18 years old, I live in the Midwest, and I like languages, reading, and learning.
    Hey! Welcome!
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    @neverblinkever Its certainly an interesting thing to be obsessed with!
  • AlagornBlackAlagornBlack Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 19
    @Carolyn Hahaha thanks =)
    And yes! Animals! We've got a bit of a menagerie at home...
    Our journey has been traced by his hooves
  • New TNU!
    Hi! Camille! 18! Ohio/Idaho!
    “There are a lot of different configurations, but very few of them involve only the touching of the lips” -John Green on sex positions in my english class

@carolyn Yea, most definitely. It really shouldn't be so difficult to teach history in a stimulating way; its such a fascinating field.
    Yet my teacher fails in every single way possible. I want to be a history teacher...It'd be fun. 
    @Carolyn Hahaha thanks =)
    And yes! Animals! We've got a bit of a menagerie at home...
    Horses? Horses are the best. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.