Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• Kjfb14Kjfb14 Posts: 22
    @Carolyn A super small town in like the middle of Columbus and Cleveland. About 45 minutes away from Canton?
    "When I was driving home, I thought about the word “special.” ....I was very grateful to have heard it again. Because I guess we all forget sometimes. And I think everyone is special in their own way. I really do." ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    I say I'm going to bed but then I just end up stalking the rest of the thread. (Who needs sleep when I am finally being social without feeling like my anxiety is going to eat me alive!?)

Lots of Superwholock fans, though. :) And class of 2014, yeahhh!
    by sherlock
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne
  • UnderscoreUnderscore Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭
    @carolyn Yep! The social inadequacy is kicking in!
  • sonicexperimentssonicexperiments Posts: 548 ✭✭✭
    LYN: Yes I am (:
  • AlagornBlackAlagornBlack Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 19
    Carolyn said:
    @Carolyn Hahaha thanks =)
    And yes! Animals! We've got a bit of a menagerie at home...
    Horses? Horses are the best. 
    Yep =)
    I have two horses and a pony, and they are gorgeous!
    How about you?
    I have a dog, and I foster puppies. I used to ride horses, but my family is rather poor, and I need a ton of money for this summer so I quit. 
    Fostering puppies? That would be so much fun! I have a dog as well who I love to bits.
    I'm pretty lucky as where I come from horses and horse riding aren't too expensive, though I know that overseas it can be. Hopefully you'll be able to pick it back up again at some stage though =)
    Our journey has been traced by his hooves
    Christine said:
    I'm Christine :) I'm 16 and from New Jersey, and a junior in high school. I love singing and music in general, and I am also a competitive cheerleader, which I love. I love to read; I love Harry Potter and all of John's books, of course. I am also totally obsessed with Doctor Who<333, and Taylor Swift is my favorite singer<3 DFTBA!
    Wait, so people in America really do that cheerleading stuff? Like in the movies?
    I was unaware that it was considered a... stereotype, i guess? But yea, i have several friends who do just that.
    It's just so... unheard of I suppose... here.
    Though I am from a rural part of Australia, so it's hardly surprising.
    Christine said:
    I'm Christine :) I'm 16 and from New Jersey, and a junior in high school. I love singing and music in general, and I am also a competitive cheerleader, which I love. I love to read; I love Harry Potter and all of John's books, of course. I am also totally obsessed with Doctor Who<333, and Taylor Swift is my favorite singer<3 DFTBA!
    Wait, so people in America really do that cheerleading stuff? Like in the movies?
    I was unaware that it was considered a... stereotype, i guess? But yea, i have several friends who do just that.
    I guess so. its not outlandishly common to do cheerleading competitively but it is not unheard of.
  • CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭
    Mhmmm
    Oh joy....try not to be all couply if/when you both are here?
    Carolyn said:
    Yep =)
    How about you?
    I have a dog, and I foster puppies. I used to ride horses, but my family is rather poor, and I need a ton of money for this summer so I quit. 
    Fostering puppies? That would be so much fun! I have a dog as well who I love to bits.
    I'm pretty lucky as where I come from horses and horse riding aren't too expensive, though I know that overseas it can be. Hopefully you'll be able to pick it back up again at some stage though =)
    Fostering puppies is so much fun because I get to be around 4 and 5 week old puppies, but it's also so hard to give them back. One group touched me so much I still cry over not adopting one...(the other two died of heart problems when we had them). 
    My skype is soccerhorse10,
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
  • CarrieCarrie Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Hi I'm Carrie, 18, Canada
    I'm in my first year of university, and I'm a math major 
    I was in TNU in your pants back in the day (but seriously it's crazy how long it's been since old YP)
    PIZZZAA
    (i just wanted to test the censor)
    Carolyn said:
    Mhmmm
    Oh joy....try not to be all couply if/when you both are here?
    Carolyn said:
    Yep =)
    How about you?
    Fostering puppies is so much fun because I get to be around 4 and 5 week old puppies, but it's also so hard to give them back. One group touched me so much I still cry over not adopting one...(the other two died of heart problems when we had them). 
    I'm not even sure if She knows about this yet
    Carrie said:
    I was in TNU in your pants back in the day (but seriously it's crazy how long it's been since old YP)
    PIZZZAA
    CARRIE!
    Also the censor is amazing

@sonicexperiments Tell her? I dunno. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Carolyn said:
    Carrie said:
    PIZZZAA
    CARRIE!
    Also the censor is amazing

@sonicexperiments Tell her? I dunno. 
    mmmmm pizza (:
    I will because this is exciting!
  • Kjfb14 said:
    Hi. I'm Kirsti! I'm 17 and from Ohio. I've been a Nerdfighter for a little over a year now. I've actually never been on a forum before so this should be fun. I love reading. I play percussion and the trumpet. I love Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Supernatural. So yeah. We'll see how this goes. :D
    OHIO PARTY! 
    Well, I'm not from Ohio, but I'll be living here for the next 4 years. 
    “There are a lot of different configurations, but very few of them involve only the touching of the lips” -John Green on sex positions in my english class

Carolyn said:
    Yep =)
    How about you?
    That would be really hard =( 
    Kjfb14 said:
    Hi. I'm Kirsti! I'm 17 and from Ohio. I've been a Nerdfighter for a little over a year now. I've actually never been on a forum before so this should be fun. I love reading. I play percussion and the trumpet. I love Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Supernatural. So yeah. We'll see how this goes. :D
    OHIO PARTY! 
    Are you doing college here or somethings?
    Kjfb14 said:
    OHIO PARTY! 

Oh cool! Are you going to school here or something?
    "When I was driving home, I thought about the word “special.” ....I was very grateful to have heard it again. Because I guess we all forget sometimes. And I think everyone is special in their own way. I really do." ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Christine said:
    I guess so. its not outlandishly common to do cheerleading competitively but it is not unheard of.
    One of these days I'm going to stop being surprised at aspects of the American culture. Maybe haha.
  • Kjfb14 said:
    OHIO PARTY! 
    Yeah, I'm a freshman at Kenyon college. I'm actually from Idaho. 
    “There are a lot of different configurations, but very few of them involve only the touching of the lips” -John Green on sex positions in my english class
  • nathans115nathans115 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    OMG, TNU is now on this new Our Pants forum. I had just started going on Your Pants a few months ago, and been using TNU, but there was just so much spam it was annoying. I really like this new site. its gonna be way better than YOur Pants. so, my name is Nathan. I'm 18 years old, and I'm in college studying biology. Does anyone like my signature?
    "Can't pee against the wind? Eat a Slice!" - Olan Rogers
    Kjfb14 said:
    OHIO PARTY! 

Awesome! Where's Kenyon located? I've heard of it but I have no idea where it is.

OMG, TNU is now on this new Our Pants forum. I had just started going on Your Pants a few months ago, and been using TNU, but there was just so much spam it was annoying. I really like this new site. its gonna be way better than YOur Pants. so, my name is Nathan. I'm 18 years old, and I'm in college studying biology. Does anyone like my signature?
    Its as amazing as it is bizzare
    Olan Rogers FTW!
    I could never use the old forum. The one that came after the hack. It was impossible. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Well, im off to bed. Goodnight all!
    Kjfb14 said:

Awesome! Where's Kenyon located? I've heard of it but I have no idea where it is.
    Isn't that where John Green went to college ?? unless I'm mistaken.

and CAROLYN! hi! 

Its as amazing as it is bizzare
    Just like Olan Rogers himself.
    Well, im off to bed. Goodnight all!
    Night!
    Carrie said:
    Kjfb14 said:

Isn't that where John Green went to college ?? unless I'm mistaken.

and CAROLYN! hi! 
    I think it is? I dunno, it's south of me so I don't pay attention.
    I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN MONTHS. or a year. 
    Feel free to add me
    Carolyn, 16, Ohio.
    Carolyn said:
    I could never use the old forum. The one that came after the hack. It was impossible. 
    yeah, I can already tell, this one is so much easier and more fun to use.
    Carolyn said:
    Yeah, it was baad. 
    We can actually quote and PIZZZAA on this one!
    (will it or won't it censor that? so much fun! I don't even really swear in general but I love pizza so I cannot resist)
  • Kjfb14 said:
    Kjfb14 said:
    OHIO PARTY! 

Well it's in a tiny town called Gambier, which is near a larger town called Mt. Vernon, which is about 45 min from Columbus