Favorite TV Theme Song

EquilibriumEquilibrium Posts: 36 ✭✭
A lot of TV shows open with a theme song. What is your favorite TV theme song?

It's tough because there are so many. I think The Big Bang Theory, Futurama, HIMYM, Angel, True Blood, and Big Love have my favorite theme songs. 

Though not the a show theme song, "I Am The Doctor", the 11th Doctor's character theme, is a great piece of music too.

Comments

• VyctorianVyctorian Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Doctor Who and Psych have the two themes I enjoy the most. Scrubs and Smallville had good ones too.
  • GenvieGenvie Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Top three favorites with lyrics: Firefly, Veronica Mars (We Used to Be Friends by Dandy Warhols), True Blood (Bad Things by Jace Everett). Top three favorites without lyrics: Mad Men, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who.

Hmm, now I'm interesting about intros. I might make a thread about that!
  • HahahZombieHahahZombie FinlandPosts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Big Bang Theory, True Blood, Scrubs, Futurama, pretty much all the ones already mentioned. And I might add New Girl.

Tumblr

”Run. Faster. Don't let anything distract you. FOOD.”

• NinaNina Posts: 57
    Vyctorian said:
    Doctor Who and Psych have the two themes I enjoy the most. Scrubs and Smallville had good ones too.
    Love the Psych theme! Makes me wanna sing out loud and dance :D 
    I also like the Community one a lot.
  • JayeOFarrellJayeOFarrell Posts: 35
    Phineas and Ferb's theme song, Today is gonna be a great day by Bowling for Soup has to be mine :)
    “Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.”
    ― Vincent van Gogh
  • IralynIralyn Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I can't really think of any current TV show theme songs right now that I like, but here are some older shows that have theme songs I love:

Boy Meets World (the theme song for the last seasons)
    Pokemon
    Kenan and Kel
    Sanford and Son (although I never watched the show)

Now that I think about it, nostalgia is probably the main reason why I love these theme songs...
  • MyrtoMyrto Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Secret by The Pierces on Pretty Little Liars
  • BethanyMarieBethanyMarie Posts: 40
    The Big Bang Theory's is wonderful!! XD My dad and brother and I learned all the lyrics, and sing them (way too loud) every time it comes on!
  • AlineAline Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    House MD opening theme. Definitely. The song is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K72X4eo_s
    Aline
    "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
  • johnlantonjohnlanton Posts: 129 ✭✭
    Family Guy, Phineas and Ferb, The Simpsons, The Munsters, The Adams Family, Sanford and Son, Futurama, Touch
  • The Big Bang Theory for sure, House, Doctor Who (I have at least 5 different versions from over the years set as various alarms and ringtones on my phone hahaha) and Chuck! Gotta love me some Short Skirt, Long Jacket.
    "Living close to the ground is 7th heaven 'cause there are angels all around / Among my frivolous thoughts I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts" - Angels, Owl City
  • silentshadow927silentshadow927 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭
    Firefly, Big Bang Theory, and Game of Thrones
    "The blade must pass through the fire, else it will break." -- The Soulforge
  • HahahZombieHahahZombie FinlandPosts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Also Misfits, Skins and Chuck!

Tumblr

”Run. Faster. Don't let anything distract you. FOOD.”

• AbdullTheCoolAbdullTheCool White center, WAPosts: 165 ✭✭
    MONK!

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

• basilsaurusbasilsaurus Posts: 22
    Firefly definitely wins hands down in my opinion.  I also really love the energy in the theme songs of Psych, Chuck and  Raising Hope.  
    ... the english dub Sailor Moon theme song will forever hold a special place in my heart. 
  • saffitysaffity Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    LOL Denver the Last Dinosaur, now there's a good song from childhood...

Hmm, I don't know so much currently what has good songs, mainly because I don't have cable and only watch tv shows online if they're available through the channel's website (I'm weird what can I say).

But I used to have a playlist on my iPod that was entirely old school cartoon theme songs.

Some of my favourites were Tale Spin, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Chipmunks, Jem, and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

If we're talking about more "mature" shows, the Friends theme song was always kick ass.
    I'm a nerdfighter...... real, or not real....
  • HelenaInABasketHelenaInABasket Posts: 77 ✭✭
    @Gaypher

YOU KNOW ESCAFLOWNE!  That's incredible!  I actually was devastated when I was younger when they stopped the series abruptly. I guess somehow when they found out about the whole Celena thing and were like, "Uh.  I don't think this is meant for kids."  Anyhow, I watched for weeks after waiting to see if they would bring it back.  I eventually ended up buying it on DVD and watched it subbed.  To be fair, the Japanese OP is about as awkward as the English one.  The music in general is incredible though- Shadow of Doubt, Sora and Epistle are favorites.

Also.  I really like the 90's Batman opening, Escaflowne, Paranoia Agent, Gravity Falls, House MD, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Borgias off top my head.
    My soul has been so fearful, so violent: forgive its brutality.
  • LunaticLOVEgoodLunaticLOVEgood Posts: 76 ✭✭
    The first thing that comes into mind is Veronica Mars (I know it's a song by Dandy Warhols) and I always sing with the Big Bang theory theme song :) I'm also very fond of the theme songs from Buffy, GoT, House MD, New Girl and for old times sake Friends.
  • johnhmaloneyjohnhmaloney Whiting, NJPosts: 300 ✭✭✭
    I forgot about Game of Thrones, that's definitely one of my favorites as well. 
  • QEDQED Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    I've always been partial to the Millennium theme. 
  • Mental92Mental92 Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    Malcolm in the Middle. "Boss of Me" by They might be Giants. Rocks so hard!!!
    Also Fresh Price of Belair was pretty cool.
    M•A•S•H theme "Suicide is Painless" breaks my heart every time I hear it.
    Childhood song for nostalgia purposes is the Rugrats theme.
    by Mental92
    The world is not black and white. We see colour for a reason, it´s like the worlds way of telling us it´s okay to be diverse.

Tumblr 
  • rickycrickyc Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Adult Drama: Game of Thrones, House, Law and Order
    Adult Comedy: Big Bang Theory, M*A*S*H*, Friends
    Teenage Drama: Boy Meets World, Power Rangers
    Animated: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Chip and Dale Rescuer Rangers, The Simpsons

However, the two greatest television theme songs are the following:

DuckTales: 

and

Pokemon: 

There is nothing better or more nostalgic for me than these two themes.
    Current and Forever Obsessions: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, All Things Joss Whedon, All Things Aaron Sorkin

My Theme Song for Life!

365nerds: a project to post a video for every day of the year
    Nerd count: 134/365
  • girl_on_Jupitergirl_on_Jupiter Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    My absolute favorite is Scrubs. Love it. I also like Phineas and Ferb's, Adventure Time's, Family Guy... and I can't think of anything else at the moment.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
  • mirndamirnda Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    The True Blood theme song for sure. I just love their soundtrack in general; I downloaded it when I was trying to download the score, but ended up loving it, and listening to it made me realize I love folk/country/bluegrass. It changed my musical life @w@

Also I love the theme song from Firefly.
  • brobobrobo Posts: 7
    Game of Thrones, without a doubt. In fact, that show takes the title for best opening animation as well. The map theme with all the buildings being built is awesome and creative.
    Firefly takes a close second, though.

I'm also enjoy Monk.
    "Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggling big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space." --Douglas Adamas
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    i have several:

Star Trek: The Next Generation (this one gets me really excited) 
    Xena: Warrior Princess (DON'T DENY IT, YOU GET INTO IT TOO) 

.....i'm pretty sure i have more, but i can't remember them currently.
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
    I have a few! These are the first shows that were I thought of, but I have a few others too :)

Kim Possible
    Lilo & Stitch
    Pokemon
    Doctor Who
    Sherlock

• RobertStyxRobertStyx Posts: 30
    Firefly, Star Trek TNG, Game of Thrones and Doctor Who.
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭