Favorite TV Theme Song

Comments

• LappisLizzieLappisLizzie Moscow IDPosts: 61
    The Big Bang Theory, I almost know all the words!!!
  • KatCakesKatCakes New York, USAPosts: 6
    edited August 2013
    Firefly, Game of Thrones (that one is amazing because the places shown change per episode), How I Met Your Mother, Angel, Star Trek (Voyager's theme is my favorite but they're all pretty good), Scrubs, M*A*S*H, Rugrats, Friends and Downton Abbey.
    by KatCakes
  • SairooSairoo Posts: 46
    Game of Thrones and The Big Bang Theory. Those are the only theme songs that I never skip.
  • inthislifeinthislife Posts: 35
    Big Bang Theory and The Office!
  • MyrtoMyrto Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Doctor Who and Sherlock
  • romy16romy16 The Netherlands Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭
    Sherlock, pokemon and a many Dutch tv programs have awesome themesongs but you don't know those programs because the're dutch

• I really enjoy the Cheers theme song, and also the Beverly Hillbillies, but the theme to Sherlock is absolutely brilliant.  
  • KinnyKinny Hula Paradise Posts: 233 ✭✭
    How I met your mother, Doctor WHO, Grey's Anatomy & Malcolm in the Middle... OH! And Doraemon! Haha
  • VickiVicki Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭✭
    For totally different reasons, M*A*S*H, Friends, and Orange is The New Black. 
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• NeuroticLlamaNeuroticLlama Paris, FrancePosts: 9
    Buffy!! It puts me in a good mood whenever I hear it. Also Malcolm in the Middle and Daria, mostly by nostalgy I guess. 
    And of course Doctor Who, I can't help singing over it every time.
  • redzheadz1106redzheadz1106 SwedenPosts: 7
    edited October 2013
    I concur with @NeuroticLlama and want to add that Buffy isn't getting enough love in this here thread. Not only is it as mentioned mood-lifting, I find it almost impossible to stop myself from rocking out a little bit (or a big bit) when I hear it. It doesn't hurt that the show is awesome too. 
    by redzheadz1106
  • jKellspaceyjKellspacey Posts: 7
    As few themes songs that I like are: 
    Doctor Who
    Skins
    Friends
    Fresh Prince of Belair (still have it memorized. And it gets used often at my house...)

It goes 'ding' when there's stuff! 

• ashsayshelloashsayshello AustraliaPosts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically all my favourite TV shows because I get happy when I hear them. Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Friends. Also HIMYM, Skins, Downton Abbey, and who can forget Doctor Who? :)

Omg and okay did anybody ever watch Tabaluga? The cartoon about the dragon? And the theme song was sung by a German rock star or something? Aw man, that was a good one. My childhood :')
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizzas in Our Pants." | I live in the land of the Last Ones
  • MarcellaMarcella Yeah The NetherlandsPosts: 1,376 ✭✭✭
    Either the Doctor Who theme song or the Criminal Minds one.
    "If the kids don't believe, make them believe."

- Alex Gaskarth
  • georgef61georgef61 FloridaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭
    1960's spiderman  - 

• MommyDuBellMommyDuBell Oviedo, FLPosts: 54
    The opening music for Doctor Who

Big Bang Theory

Friends

Orange is the New Black

All in the Family

Just realized that most modern TV shows don't have actual theme songs, just a short bit of into music... that makes me kind of sad.
  • Lavache_BeadsmanLavache_Beadsman New YorkPosts: 661 ✭✭✭
    It's not a very good show (and I'm not quite sure that it's still on the air), but Guys With Kids has a pretty killer theme song.
  • DooWeeOoh50DooWeeOoh50 Posts: 8
    My top favorite theme song is Doctor Who's season 4 opening. 
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,883 ✭✭✭
    Soul Limbo by Booker T & the MG's - this was used for years by the BBC as the theme to Test Match Special. It fit so well when the West Indies toured. 
    The Theme from Z Cars - This is still played to this day at Goodson Park (spit) when Everton come out. They played it so loudly on the tannoy that if they had the early game, you could hear it at Anfield.
    Jessica by the Allman Brothers is used as the theme to Top Gear. Okay the theme itself isn't fantastic, but Jeremy's annoucements about the show's content are.

This list wouldn't be complete though without the idents from Yorkshire Television, Thames Television, and London Weekend Television.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • PresidentDogPresidentDog Havre de Grace, MDPosts: 21
    I will always be partial to the theme to the first season of SWAT Kats, nothing makes me headbang and air guitar with more passion. To be fair, the second season's theme is no slouch, but it's just doesn't hit as hard due to a lack of buildup in audio and visuals at the beginning.
    President Dog Takes On...: It's my animation review blog!

There's nothing going on between me and Cleo, though she did let me poo in her backyard once.
  • notadollophead68notadollophead68 Fictional UniversesPosts: 251 ✭✭
    edited November 2013

Doctor Who

Sherlock

MASH

Pokemon

Fresh prince of Bel air

Merlin:

by notadollophead68

“I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark.” -Raymond Carver

• MetabeardMetabeard Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I was at an RJD2 concert once, and during his intermission he played a game in which he would play some obscure theme or sample and give out free fruit or water to whomever guessed first. I was the only one there who recognized the Magnum P.I. theme and I got a free bottle of water (which I later got him to autograph).

True story.

I remember my girlfriend at the time looking at me like, "why in the hell do you know that?" and to be honest, I don't know. I never really watched the show. I just have a weird knack for recognizing samples.

So yeah, I'm gonna say Magnum P.I.
    "The only way out is through." -Frost
  • GAME OF THRONES
  • clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    Pokemon, obviously, the english Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh themes are badass. Also Evangelion.
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,883 ✭✭✭
    clausit said:
    Pokemon, obviously, the english Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh themes are badass. Also Evangelion.
    To be fair though, most of the music for this series was pretty impressive. To wit:

Play that, with the bass turned up and just on the threshold of pain, through the speakers of your car and drive through peak afternoon traffic. This and the "Imperial March" from Star Wars are both excellent for this task.
    "I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo
  • mutantninjalapenomutantninjalapeno Posts: 110 ✭✭
    perfect strangers, obviously.
  • WisheyFishieWisheyFishie Posts: 8
    Pokemon, Danny Phantom, Spongebob Squarepants, Family Guy, NCIS, and Criminal Minds. Whenever I hear the Criminal Minds theme song anywhere in the house, I become glued to the TV for an hour xD
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's entire life believing it is stupid." ~ Albert Einstein <3
  • jupiterrocks24jupiterrocks24 Amestris, of course!Posts: 26
    Normal themes, Sherlock or maybe Dance Academy.

Anime themes? You might want to skip this post, going to be a long one:

Cowboy Bebop:
    Fullmetal Alchemist:
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood:
    Trigun:
    Samurai Champloo:
    Attack on Titan (duh):

And might I mention the Attack on Titan ending?

... Yeah, that's about it.

"Now I see. You're jealous. You're jealous of humans aren't you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you're envious of that."

~Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

• clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Oh, if we're counting ending themes as well then Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

Also, this is by the way, but does anyone else think that the Trigun Theme sounds a lot like Black Dog by Led Zepplin?
    by clausit
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • rinnagirlrinnagirl AustraliaPosts: 3
    So many to choose from, but probably Firefly, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Warehouse 13, HIMYM, Friends and Castle