Favorite TV Theme Song

124»

Comments

• clausitclausit EnglandPosts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭

Just discovered this. Bad-A
    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted but mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin. Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in? How much can you lose? How much can you win?
  • cplayercplayer Posts: 7
    The Andy Griffith Show theme is amazing, it always cheers me up. But I also love classic Nick themes like those from Spongebob, CatDog, All That, and Keenan and Kel.
  • thegreatgabsythegreatgabsy Posts: 2
    Band of Brothers theme.
    Absolutely beatiful-
  • The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_Knight Gotham CityPosts: 16
    In no particular order:
    Stargate Atlantis (always thought it was a beautiful piece of music)
    The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.
    Doctor Who - Main Theme from the 9th Doctor (they changed it up for 10 and 11 and I didn't like it)
    Star Trek Voyager (I cry practically every time I hear it, it's so beautiful)
    The Dark Knight
    "I do, without being commanded, what others do only through fear of the law." -- Aristotle
  • ilumEmmailumEmma Waterford, IrelandPosts: 5
    I love Frasier's for its simpilicity and how it changes episode to episode (so does that still count?) - just good music.
    Pokemon is always a classic!
    Power Rangers SPD Force - sounds crazy but all the Power Ranger series had kickass guitar riffs, there's been a few ringtones knocking about there.

I love anything that can be sung along to! It's like it pulls everyone to attention, like a little bonding exercise before the story starts :P
    In that sense my favourite is Friends, easy and funny to sing along to and the quick four claps has become like a challenge to my brother and I whenever we watch through that boxset - no matter what we're doing or holding we have to stop and clap
  • Lavache_BeadsmanLavache_Beadsman New YorkPosts: 661 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I always liked the Community theme song.
  • McEstebanMcEsteban Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Hell on Wheels
    Mad Men
    Suits
    Monk
    Boardwalk Empire

I feel like recently the music game on theme songs has gotten a lot stronger.  While I love House of Cards and GoT title songs, I think they function better as part of the opening sequence and not just as a song.
  • drumbrodrumbro Midnight Blue Rickenbacker 330 OKCPosts: 195 ✭✭✭
    Speed Racer theme song
    much like the show, the theme is an absolute classic

"Rock and roll will never die because Neil Young said so."
  • antiwinterantiwinter NorwayPosts: 4
    With no doubt whatsoever, my favorite theme song from TV is Game of Thrones. I don't watch the show, though. Pokémon and Adventure Time is both great as well.
  • bbbiabbbia Rio de Janeiro, BrazilPosts: 3
    FRIENDS \o/ nothing like this theme song to bring people together *clap clap clap clap*
  • XenolillyXenolilly Posts: 44
    Firefly, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Gravity Falls, Doctor Who, Friends, The Wonder Years, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, The Simpsons, Pepper Anne, The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, The Brady Bunch
  • HIMYM. Weeds. Game of Thrones. IF I START THIS IT'LL NEVER END.
  • ELOfan86ELOfan86 Urbana, IllinoisPosts: 15
    So I am going to show my age right now. I always loved the opening to Cheers
  • LinnisLinnis Posts: 1
    I really like the Game of Thrones theme and the Star Trek Deep Space Nine theme (and the Indiana Jones theme).
  • alanthomasalanthomas Ohio, USAPosts: 7
    ELOfan86 said:

I was thinking of that show too! Since you broke the age-ice, I'll also mention the original "Battlestar Galactica" theme. Absolute brilliance!
  • ELOfan86ELOfan86 Urbana, IllinoisPosts: 15

ELOfan86 said:

I was thinking of that show too! Since you broke the age-ice, I'll also mention the original "Battlestar Galactica" theme. Absolute brilliance!
    Oooo thats is a good one.
  • Morgan33Morgan33 Posts: 54
    First thing that came to mind was honestly the theme song to Friends, always seems to be stuck in my head!
  • annakingannaking Posts: 3
    Psych! And Friends!

An optimist, speaker, thinker, reader, guitar player, and nerd.

"Grateful to be a little boat, full of water, still floating." -John Green

• Mafe15239Mafe15239 PerúPosts: 27
    The Big Bang Theory, Steven Universe and Friends!
  • RedCapsandHinkypunksRedCapsandHinkypunks United Arab EmiratesPosts: 3
    Veronica Mars.
  • Lavache_BeadsmanLavache_Beadsman New YorkPosts: 661 ✭✭✭
    Hard to beat Tom Waits' version of Down In A Hole, which was The Wire's theme song for at least a season.
  • Julia_CJulia_C Posts: 2
    The Office has the single most perfect theme song in all of television. Hands down. It's on the melodica for crying out loud. The only way you could've beaten that is with a recorder...ALSO these threads are great but if anyone is looking to have some face to face nerdfighter discussion, there's a great new app called Headliner that I use. It's kind of like vlogging but more interactive. There's a ton of movie, tv (especially GOT) and general life discussion and you can see people's faces so it's pretty much troll free. Example: https://headlinerapp.com/video/11923/ If anyone joins let me know I want to follow you!
  • fishmongerfishmonger Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USAPosts: 3
    That's a tough one - there are just so many great ones! Firefly, for the greatest lyrics especially ("You can't take the sky from me"), is definitely top 5. So is The Muppet Show, just for being generally out of control. I loved the Greatest American Hero Theme back when I was in high school, great instrumentals, but the lyrics had almost nothign to do with the show. Hong Kong Phooey was fun too, though it reads a bit racist nowadays. But really, there's no contest. My A-number one, top TV theme song of all time has to be the Welcome Back Kotter Theme. Some great lyrics ("But those dreams have remained, and they've turned around"), an upbeat tune, and it actually describes the show. Finally, its quality exceeds that of its TV show is promotes by a least a factor of 10. What other theme song can claim that?! Maybe that's why it's the only theme song I've successfully requested from a live band!
  • RogansRunRogansRun Posts: 16
    Definitely Friends :)
  • Luke_Earl_MolleLuke_Earl_Molle Earl of Peace Jefferson, IaPosts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭
    Green Acres as performed by Donald Trump.
    I am the Duke of Earl, and I also am Earl For To and Of Peace