That'd be a great name for a band...

2»

Comments

• SeaSwallowedSeaSwallowed Posts: 75 ✭✭

I'm not very good at thinking up band names, but my brother was in a band called The Cult of the Radioactive Funk Kittens.  Awesome name, but I don't want to know how they came up with that one.

• VickiVicki Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭✭
    I stole this one off the telly, but "great to be back". When they play somewhere new, they'd be like "Hello, we're great to be back", and everyone would get so confused. 

Also, Marvin and the Paranoid Androids. Just because. 
    "This is not words. This is just squiggles on a page.This is notation." - Vi Hart
    I reside in the land of the last ones. 

• TzviTzvi New JerseyPosts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking Soft Mint Sensation, but then if someone asked me if I've heard of SMS I'd just think they were trying too hard to properly refer to texting...
    :-c
    Troubadour of the Last Ones
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    ― George R.R. Martin,
    A Dance With Dragons
  • drumbrodrumbro Midnight Blue Rickenbacker 330 OKCPosts: 195 ✭✭✭
    As a kid I always named my guitar hero profile Forty Lashes, and I also thought Terminal Velocity would be a good name for a heavy prog Rush-esqu band.

Right now I think Us would be a good Indie Band name, which is why my friends and I named or terrible band that, and we also thought Warlox would be a good metal band name, which is why we called our terrible parody band that.
    "Rock and roll will never die because Neil Young said so."
  • NethernilNethernil Posts: 93
    I wanted to make a sludge metal band called Bloodweed.
    Even in a place as dangerous as Apocalypse World, battlebabes are, well. They’re the ones you should walk away from, eyes down, but you can’t. They’re the ones like the seductive blue crackling light, y’know? You mistake looking at them for falling in love, and you get too close and it’s a zillion volts and your wings burn off like paper.
  • OK, so these are actually kinda bad considering everyone else's ideas but I'll put them here anyway.

Pineapple Hearts
    The Capital E
    Total Chaos Jumpers 

The last one is thanks to a friend.
    "Context is everything."  ~JohGreen
    A quote to make your life (and others) a lot less awkward! 
  • FireantFireant Manitoba, CanadaPosts: 38

'Reasonably Friendly Lamas', as seen mentioned in this tweet by John for undisclosed reasons...
    ~*~*~

"“Well,” I said. “Nothing to do now but wander the PIZZZAA into that abandoned building, totally unarmed.”

–from 'John Dies At The End', by David Wong, page 224.
    Beautiful Little Fool 

I would think they would probably be a relatively lo-fi indie folk/indie rock group
    Their first album would also probably be called "What Foul Dust Floated In the Wake of His Dreams"
    Gatsby ftw
  • TzviTzvi New JerseyPosts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    @drumbro said:
    As a kid I always named my guitar hero profile Forty Lashes, and I also thought Terminal Velocity would be a good name for a heavy prog Rush-esqu band. Right now I think Us would be a good Indie Band name, which is why my friends and I named or terrible band that, and we also thought Warlox would be a good metal band name, which is why we called our terrible parody band that.
    There actually is already a band names Us.
    Troubadour of the Last Ones
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    ― George R.R. Martin,
    A Dance With Dragons
    edited January 2013

Tzvi said:
    @drumbro said:
    As a kid I always named my guitar hero profile Forty Lashes, and I also thought Terminal Velocity would be a good name for a heavy prog Rush-esqu band. Right now I think Us would be a good Indie Band name, which is why my friends and I named or terrible band that, and we also thought Warlox would be a good metal band name, which is why we called our terrible parody band that.
    There actually is already a band names Us.
    for real? My google search is only bringing up this as another Us band
    My search of bandcamp and wikipedia also are bringing up nothing. Lots of Just Us and Us And Them but no just straight up Us.

Maybe I should just go ahead and take Beautiful Little Fool. i'm kind of surprised at how good of a name that sounds right now.

Edit: So some other band called Us' tour dates showed up on my Us bandcamp somehow, so without contacting any other members because i'm the John Darnielle of the group I went ahead and changed it to Beautiful Little Fool
    by drumbro
  • AwnwuhlAwnwuhl Posts: 37 ✭✭
    "..."
    Of course, you would pronounce it "ellipses."
    The name is best appreciated when placed at the end of a list of bands.
    And all of their merch would have just three dots on it.
  • HazamanazHazamanaz Portsmouth, UKPosts: 11
    Recently had a game of put 'funk' into sentences to make hilarious band names thing with my friends. Very proud to have come up with 'Quite funkly i dont give a funk' and someone came up with 'Funk-ensteins monster'. 
    "If i see a boundary. i eat a boundary then wash it down with a cup of hot steaming rules"
  • KaappariKaappari Posts: 6
    It's a shame that IWrestledABearOnce already exist.
  • sophiepophiesophiepophie Posts: 4
    expectations 
  • MacNastyMacNasty Posts: 113 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    When I saw this, the first thing that popped into my mind was Two Ducks and a Platypus and now I appear to be having a mini-argument in my head about whether that is better, or Two Ducks Ate a Platypus. 

Also, a bit of an inside joke, but Dylan's Ketchup.
    by MacNasty
  • So my Latin teacher once had a band named Future Less Vivid which is probably permanently dead,
    I ran with the concept (Future Less Vivid is a Latin grammatical construction) and me and a couple friends kinda sorta plan to make Future More Vivid (the counterpart grammatical construction) others I or friends of mine have come up with are:
    Glitterhawks (currently used as a D and D party name)
    Pack of Wild Griers (after my highschool nick name)
    Statless Wizards
    Bards of Alba
  • pariquinpariquin Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Nothing but Pepperjack 
  • mynameisellenmynameisellen Posts: 20
    I found out today that that Jesse Eisenberg movie "Zombieland" was originally gonna be called "Another Day In Zombieland", but the creators decided against the name because it sounded too much like a sequel. But like seriously, doesn't "Another Day In Zombieland" sound like it would be an awesome band name?!
  • ZoaThePersonZoaThePerson Nevada, the land o' dirtPosts: 243 ✭✭
    Interrobang is a pretty good name for a band, actually, and I think that it would just be written as: ‽
    We must bring back the interrobang. What's an interrobang‽ 
    What do you mean "what's an interrobang?" 
    ‽ < that's an interrobang. a grammatically correct alternative to "?!" or "!?"

• NackPTNackPT Posts: 41
    Kaappari said:
    It's a shame that IWrestledABearOnce already exist.
    And that it's awful.
  • fingerscrossedfingerscrossed MainePosts: 164 ✭✭
    The best one I've ever thought of is "Running In Heels". If I'm ever part of a girl band...
    There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
  • MetabeardMetabeard Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I'd say King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, but sadly it's already taken.
    "The only way out is through." -Frost
  • KatOxymoronicKatOxymoronic Calgary, AB, CanadaPosts: 23
    Shark on the Ceiling. No reason, just think its sounds neat.
  • IceTeaDuckIceTeaDuck GermanyPosts: 3
    The Pink Invisible Unicorns
    Zeus Stole My Thunder
    This Is A Pipe