VidCon 2013 Thread

2»

Comments

• kronosqqkronosqq Posts: 33 ✭✭
    @musickitten101 Definitely! I'm in for the full experience, Industry and community stuff plus disney to round it all up.
    I have a signature now, signatures are cool.
    DFTBA
    PS. My name is Miles.
  • Hey Guys! I'm currently looking for more roommates for my room at the Marriott! I've made a reservation for 6 nights (checking in on Tuesday, July 30th and checking out Monday, August 5th).

I have 2 people so far.

I don't mind girls or guys, I just want it to be even to make everyone comfortable.

If it's any benefit, I'm asking you to chip in $200 total for the 6 nights.

Tweet me or drop me a message on tumblr!

------------------

Twitter : YouTube : Tumblr

BA Communications at SFU, Canucks fan, & Aspiring YouTuber. Currently looking for a Social Media/Online Video Internship. I'm willing to relocate. DFTBA!

• amelia9009amelia9009 NYCPosts: 165 ✭✭✭
    I had sort of assumed that I wouldn't be able to go again this year but last night I just directly emailed my mom about it so it looks like I might be able to go and I am so beyond excited.
    Activate your force-fields and just keep going.
    youtube twitter tumblr
  • coconutcabcoconutcab Posts: 5
    I really really really really want to go to Vidcon this year. The only problem is plane tickets... And I would have to pay for an adult to come with me and convince my parents to let me go. Also, money. But I am trying my hardest! Never been to Vidcon before and really want to :) sounds like a lot of fun.
    I am having the same problem with plane tickets. When I looked at them online, they were about $1,000. It broke my heart. I want to go so badly, but I can't afford the plane. 
  • kronosqqkronosqq Posts: 33 ✭✭

I really really really really want to go to Vidcon this year. The only problem is plane tickets... And I would have to pay for an adult to come with me and convince my parents to let me go. Also, money. But I am trying my hardest! Never been to Vidcon before and really want to :) sounds like a lot of fun.

I am having the same problem with plane tickets. When I looked at them online, they were about $1,000. It broke my heart. I want to go so badly, but I can't afford the plane. 

Check out Amtrak tickets, it's significantly cheaper than flying. I was originally going to road trip to vidcon but wasn't able to go that way due to enough people being unable to commit to the trip this early. So I thought that taking a train would be best of both worlds. Comfort, scenery, and much cheaper. For one person it's 360-404 dollars round trip from Indiana to Anaheim. depending on whether you have or can get a student advantage card or not. I'm not sure where you'll be coming from but if you have an amtrak station anywhere near you I'd recommend kt
    I have a signature now, signatures are cool.
    DFTBA
    PS. My name is Miles.
  • TheRosePhoenixTheRosePhoenix Posts: 3
    Yes going, and SOOOOOO excited!
    VidCon virgin, but beyond excited, it's a sort of combination 20th birthday/making up for my family going to CA without me for Spring Break (my college had a different schedule than my younger siblings' break).  I'm also going to Disneyland Day which should be epic amounts of fun.
    Community pass.
    Most looking forward to John and Hank as well as DailyGrace, danisnotonfire, and amazingphil.
    In complete honesty, I'm most looking forward to seeing my best friend who is flying out from Florida to meet me at VidCon, by that point it will have been about 15 months since we last saw each other, and while we vlog to each other, it's just not the same and I feel like nothing will beat a week that includes VidCon, Disneyland, and In and Out burger on top of getting to hang with her.  I'm also really looking forward to meeting other youtube viewers IRL, it'll be nice to be in a building full of people who understand what you're so excited about.
  • kevinjohnshazzykevinjohnshazzy SoCal / TorontoPosts: 485 ✭✭✭✭
    AHHH! i know it's far away and people haven't posted in here for a while but I am SO EXCITED for VidCon.
    i went last year and it was super fun and even tho i live about ten minutes from anaheim, my friends and i are getting a hotel room at the hilton so that we have a place to chill during the dinner break and such. but ya cant wait! hopefully i'll see some of you there??
    check out my Youtube channel here! exciting things are happening!
    Duke of the Last Ones
    <3
  • plantattacksplantattacks Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    Yes I am going to VidCon! It is my first time going so I'm kinda nervous. I bought the Community ticket because seriously, I have no money. I really would like to say Dan and Phil, Sourcefed, DailyGrace, Joey Graceffa, and a lot more
    I'm looking forward to meeting all of my internet friends in real life!
    by plantattacks
  • musickitten101musickitten101 TokyoPosts: 481 ✭✭✭
    @plantattacks It's so funny we both live in Tokyo...and we're both in the international schools...yet we never met before. Can't wait to meet up at VidCon xD
  • HaleyHaley Posts: 8
    I hope everyone ended up having a good VidCon! I posted a thoughts from places video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRGj7rmars, so if you want to check it out/subscribe to my channel I would be super happy. And if anyone else has vidcon vlogs you should post them because I love seeing what everyone else was doing/how they felt about vidcon