SciShow Future Episode Ideas

13»

Comments

• blooopenblooopen Posts: 2
    Classical Mechanics?
  • cookiefiendcookiefiend Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Is there a space for profiling prominent scientists? Ie for black history month talk about contributions by African American scientists and do the same for lesser-known female scientists during women's history month
    In masks outrageous and austere the years go by in single file; but none has merited my fear, and none has quite escaped my smile.
  • waffles89waffles89 Posts: 1
    What if the international space station or any satille stopped orbiting earth and just sat still? Or what would it look like?
  • MichkovMichkov Posts: 104 ✭✭
    waffles89 said:

What if the international space station or any satille stopped orbiting earth and just sat still? Or what would it look like?

Well you got 2 options here.
    a) It falls down because it got no horizontal speed at all and gravity doesn't just stop in space.
    II) Its in a geostationary orbit, ie it's orbit takes exactly 23h56m and change to complete. Making it look like it stood still overhead. But thats technically still in an orbit.

What would it look like, mmh. Shooting star like for a, bright spot in the sky for II. I guess.

• epicbladeepicblade Posts: 2
    Special Relativity: Twin Paradox
  • PatricksciguyPatricksciguy Posts: 3
    I would like to see a video about the Spice trade throughout human history. How fascinating to think spices were valued as currency. Imagine the adventure of being a purveyor of the trade in centuries past. I can't imagine a world without refrigeration. Did everyone eat a lot of jerky? Are we the only animals who use spices? I've also always wondered who dared to eat all these plants and minerals first. I mean the dangers and the history of spice has to be full of the weird and the wild. What amazing part of our past!