New Zealand

Creating this as a subtopic under Australia rather than in the Everywhere Else section because at a guess that will get very busy very quickly. Place to talk about all things kiwi :)

Comments

• Yay New Zealand!
    We should organize something awesome here :)
    Like a world record for the most Nerd fighters bungee jumping while reading a John Green book and shearing a sheep.
  • ashsayshelloashsayshello AustraliaPosts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I'm not actually from New Zealand but I would really like to bungee jump while reading a John Green book and shearing a sheep. I am willing to change my nationality briefly to do this.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizzas in Our Pants." | I live in the land of the Last Ones
  • MissRosieMissRosie Posts: 2
    new zealand nerdfighters unite! we should totally have a meetup or something fun! :)
  • You guys need to find the Nerdfighters NZ facebook page. It is full of awesome. We organise national meetups at least once a year and have regional ones more than that. See you there!
  • phampantsphampants Posts: 8
    I never came across NZ NF when I was there.  Visited Christchurch, Auckland and Queenstown.
  • I was looking through Looking For Alaska at my library (Exams are coming so no reading for me D:) and I found a nerdfighter note in it. I was jumping up and down. I wish I could meet that person. 

I don't know many nerdfighters in NZ apart from my friend from school xD No one gets my hanklerfish and giant squid of anger refrences :L
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty was real. 
  • It's funny, in my experience New Zealand seems to have an unusually high amount of nerdfighters, considering our size...

But hi! I'm Lucy. Where are you guys from? I'm in Wellington, but lived in New Plymouth until year 8. 
    "I am choosing to see the world as good, and I am so grateful to live here."
    -- Hayley G. Hoover

• DewdewDewdew Posts: 25
    Hi Lucy.
    I'm in Wellington too.
    currently in bed sick XP
    A meet up would be awesome, I have a few nerdfighteria friends I could drag along
  • LilaRose89LilaRose89 Posts: 2
    Wooo! Kiwis!
  • Hey guys! Nick here.

I'm from Napier.
  • iivmmxiiiivmmxii Posts: 1
    hey guys lupe here from christchurch but soon to be an aucklander again :) 
  • Hey guys! Nick here.

I'm from Napier.
    shiz i am from hastings. do you know any nerdfighter in Hawke's Bay Area (this is so exciting!)
  • ABitOfOwlishFunABitOfOwlishFun Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Hey Peeps!
    Upper Hutt, Wellington here :D
  • Peter from Ashburton, but soon to be England
  • OlleOlle Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Not a Kiwi myself, but I lived in Auckland for half of last year, and was an active member of the University of Auckland Club de Nerdfighting (which is surprisingly huge - one of the largest clubs on campus). If you're at UoA you should check them out, them's good peoples.
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
  • KittyRoseGrangerKittyRoseGranger 221B, the TARDISPosts: 24
    We should have an Otago meet up. Maybe in Dunedin?
    "900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important." - The Doctor
  • Ginger_Potato_GirlGinger_Potato_Girl Christchurch NZPosts: 1
    I was looking through Looking For Alaska at my library (Exams are coming so no reading for me D:) and I found a nerdfighter note in it. I was jumping up and down. I wish I could meet that person. 

I don't know many nerdfighters in NZ apart from my friend from school xD No one gets my hanklerfish and giant squid of anger refrences :L
    Aahhh! Lucky! :D 

But I feel you, man. I only know two Nerdfighters here: my friend, and the school librarian. So people look at me funny when I doodle interrobangs on my English book or talk about puppy-sized elephants or do a happy dance every Tuesday and Friday. (Or Wednesday and Saturday for us, stupid time zones).

It's kind of tragic.
    ''We felt so small with the city lights stretching forever below us, and we yelled at the top of our lungs because we were just these small humans but we felt more longing than could ever fit inside us.''