First Impressions (Moved from General Discussion, Originally Called "Brain Scoop")

AlejandroAlejandro Posts: 70 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Brain Scoop
Didn't see a post about this anywhere yet so hey! Is anyone else as excited as i am about this new channel? I LOVE Emily! she is so cool and charismatic in an awesome geeky way i could just listen to her for hours!  
by Alejandro
"Everything is dead." -Emily, The Brain Scoop

Comments

• AaronAaron Dundee, U.K.Posts: 757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, Emily seems like she really knows her stuff, it should be good.

Michael Aranda made a video of him and Emily baking cookies. I didn't recognise her at first, and halfway through the video I was thinking 'she's really funny, I should subscribe to her channel' :D.

by Aaron
    Elusive of the Last Ones
  • NillieNillie Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    The first "proper" video is here. (Actually, it was posted yesterday! :D )

I love it.
  • RoisinClarkRoisinClark Posts: 96 ✭✭
    I love Emily.
    "Nothing is etched in stone. Well, till it is."
  • AlejandroAlejandro Posts: 70 ✭✭
    EXACTLY how I feel xD she is pretty amazing though!
  • eda1102eda1102 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    I simply love Brain Scoop. Maybe it's because it's not entirely educational, as SciShow or Crash Course. It is more of the "let us show you this cool profession", and it's basically following Emily at work to get the footage and discovering brand new things. At least for me. I've never been much into biology/zoology, so it's smth completely new to me and it's awesome.
     Threadkillers Union - Chief Assassin and Treasurer
  • ArielAriel Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Emily is pretty adorable. Also, I love when it seems like Michael Aranda is editing things. (don't judge me)
    @eda1102 yh i like how informal it is in comparison to scishow and crashcourse (don't get me wrong i love them too, but they can be a bit heavy sometimes) Brain Scop is is just fun and quirky and Emily's one-liners and Michael's editing just complete the show xD
  • Raychaser42Raychaser42 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I love the BrainScoop channel. There are so many people in the world doing fascinating work that we never get to hear about. 

Also it helps raise awareness for things like museum funding, preservation and curating that we tend to take for granted

*SUBSCRIBE* 
    Matt (Raychaser): Web Monkey and Robot Whisperer http://lifeoutthewindow.com
    So! How about that wolf skinning huh? It was pretty intense... i feel like the hardest part to watch for me was near the end when they got to the face especially the eyes and mouth.

Emily's calm, relaxed and jokey take on the situation really helped to make it not as disturbing as i thought it would be. Though I'm sure things would have gone very differently if I had been watching that in person. 

How did you guys find the video experience? 
  • Alejandro said:
    So! How about that wolf skinning huh? It was pretty intense... i feel like the hardest part to watch for me was near the end when they got to the face especially the eyes and mouth.

Emily's calm, relaxed and jokey take on the situation really helped to make it not as disturbing as i thought it would be. Though I'm sure things would have gone very differently if I had been watching that in person. 

How did you guys find the video experience? 
    At first I thought I couldn't watch it but, I made it through. There was a surprising lack of blood which made the video easier to watch. Also how did the fleas survive for so long? 
    IKR! the wolf was frozen! maybe the fleas froze up and were in a cryogenic state and when they defrosted they were alive again! =O 

Lol no but really I don't know, nature is pretty crazy.

I do hope we get to see more similar videos in future not necessarily skinning but like all the different processes of Emily's job and stuff, cos despite the gruesomeness it was very interesting. 
  • QEDQED Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that wants to see a cross over of the first episode of Red Dwarf "everyone's dead Dave" scene and Emily's "everything is dead"?
    @QED Ah, if I knew how to edit videos, I would almost certainly be doing that right now.
    Elusive of the Last Ones
    edited February 2013
    I just watched the last four episodes in a row. I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I know what I'm not going to be doing for a while: eating.

On a not-unrelated-point, I never thought taxidermy could be so exciting.
    by Aaron
    Elusive of the Last Ones
  • JarrettWJarrettW Allen, TexasPosts: 59
    I'm a little new to the show but i alredy love it.