Currently Reading

Comments

• WhatSaraSaidWhatSaraSaid Posts: 21
    I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Took me a while to get into it but now that the story has progressed I'm starting to like it more. Last night I started Malgré tout on rit à Saint-Henri which I want to read before the Montreal "Salon du Livre" since I plan to meet the author.
  • fox_w_mulderfox_w_mulder Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I recently started reading Pines by Black Crouch. I haven't gotten too far into it, a few chapters, but I quite like it. 

I finished about a month ago Angelfall by Susan Ee. I really loved that book, read it in just a day. It really was enjoyable and an easy read. I cannot wait for the sequel to come out!
     tumblr | goodreads | youtube | steam | skype: devasaurusrex
  • appleapple Posts: 44
    I just started reading To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf! I'm so excited to finally read it, it's been on my list for such a long time now!
    I secretly divide by zero.

Living Diversity | Demonstrating Integrity | Striving For Excellence | Enjoying Participation | Activating Leadership | Acting Sustainably
  • Just started reading Pretties (Uglies #2), even though I didn't really like the first one that much, I wanna see what happens next :D
  • its_liam_duhits_liam_duh Posts: 98 ✭✭
    I'm about half way through A Game Of Thrones, and I'm rereading The Fault in Our Stars.
  • um um ummm
    Slouching Towards Bethlehem
    aand To Kill a Mockingbird, The General in His Labyrinth (I know I know *cheesy grin*), On the Road..
    Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights for my English A2 xD
  • BrunaBruna Posts: 25
    I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger. I'm halfway through it, and it's pretty good, actually. Probably won't make it to my favourites, but still, it's a good read. 
    I plan on reading Wuthering Heights next, and Norwegian Wood after that. 
  • irisiris Posts: 12
    I've finished Ink Exchange today and I don't have idea what I'll read now. I guess I'll read The elegance of the hedgehog.
  • I started The Dark Tower series by Stephen King earlier this year, but slacking off during the summer has meant I've been reading Wolves of the Calla for 6 months now. I'm hoping to finish the series over winter break, and then find something fun to read!
    DFTBA
  • SamnellSamnell Posts: 22
    The Story of American Freedom by Eric Foner. It's good but sometimes really depressing.
  • ValerieFStewartValerieFStewart Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I'm reading The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach right now. As someone who is extremely disinterested in sports of all types (other than the Swindon Town Swoodilypoopers of course), I must say that I am really enjoying it. 

I'd recommend it. 
  • sarahapeliansarahapelian New Mexico, USAPosts: 133 ✭✭
    I'm about to start reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    "So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."
  • ozziewithanieozziewithanie Posts: 120 ✭✭
    I'm reading Cloud Atlas at the moment, as a precursor to seeing the movie.  Not too far in (with it being NaNoWriMo and all) but so far really, really enjoying it.
    Check out my YouTube channels!
    ozziewithanie  |  Geeky Girls
  • ThiefreeThiefree Posts: 62
    I'm about to start reading Looking For Alaska. It's sitting by my bed, waiting for tomorrow. I've never read it before. In fact... I've never read any John Green book before. I don't know if I've started with the 'right' one, but time will tell I guess!
    Eloquence in simplicity. Also, a bunny.
    (\(\
    ( - -)
    ((') (')
  • The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  • IgorIgor Posts: 112 ✭✭
    I'm currently reading Shada, the novelization of  the 4th doctor serial which had its script edited by Douglas Adams and ended up never being aired. It's promising, though I'm taking a fair amount of time to read it. 
    Blame it on the stars
  • beccalynn311beccalynn311 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I just bought divergent and it's super good so far. I only hear good things
  • FionaFiona Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I'm currently reading The Stranger by Albert Camus for one of my classes. For fun, I am trying to read Mark of Athena, but I haven't been able to read a lot because I've been so busy with school. 
    by Fiona
  • I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at the moment, which I would definitely recommend to any fan of P&P! The ridiculousness of it is just irresistible, and it's still mostly Austen's original writing! :D
    "I am choosing to see the world as good, and I am so grateful to live here."
    -- Hayley G. Hoover

• BelisariusBelisarius Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from the library with The Catcher in the Rye. It's about time I actually read it. 
  • I am currenly reading "A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray, which I am enjoying very much. I am also one of those people who reads a million books at once, so there is a large stack of back ups next to my bed. It is taller than me.
  • GabrielGabriel Posts: 10
    Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami and Covert Joy by Clarice Lispector. Also So long, and thanks for the fish by Douglas Adams and my C++ textbooks on hold. 
  • kkdavis22kkdavis22 Posts: 36 ✭✭
    The Great Gatsby and Clash of Kings
  • vmbrownvmbrown Posts: 14
    @Bruna I just finished Time Traveler's Wife! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would...I'm always intrigued by altered time lines. As you said, not one of my top favorites, but I'm glad to have experienced it!

Also just finished Never Let Me Go. I shamefully admit I saw the movie first, but I liked the book a lot more. Still a bit muddled pacing-wise, but I enjoyed it.
  • I''m reading The Casual Vacancy, J.K's new book!  So far so good. 
  • BrunaBruna Posts: 25
    @vmbrown I'm always getting a bit confused about all the timelines, but the story it's actually getting really good now!
    Oh, Never Let Me Go is one of my favourite books <3.
  • its_stephits_steph Posts: 2
    I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin and, for my Honors English class, Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Both of them are great reads!
  • vmbrownvmbrown Posts: 14
    @Bruna Yeah, I think part of the fun is trying to disentangle the timelines! 

And I really did enjoy Never Let Me Go! It was almost strangely compelling...I can't really put a finger on what I liked so much about it, but I just couldn't put it down!
  • mrdistractedmrdistracted Posts: 55
    kriat said:
    I'm reading Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card. It's the first in the prequel series to Ender's Game/Shadow. I'm about sixty pages in and so far I think it's a worthy prequel. Next I'm gonna be reading Paper Towns for the first time. I think it's by this guy named Jon Blue? Jay Purple? I dunno never heard of him before, he's definitely not a popular video blogger. 
    There's a prequel series to Ender's Game? WHAT?! how have I not known this?

that being said:
    I'm currently reading Seventh Son by Orson Scott Card. it's interesting, but kind of slow.
  • EustaciavyeEustaciavye Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Just finished "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" (loved it!) and now I am reading "The Folded World" by Catherynne Valente.