Currently Reading

1171819202123»

Comments

• AnFaAnFa Hessen, GermanyPosts: 68
    I'm currently (re)reading the second Harry Potter in French to improve my French. The "re" is in brackets, because of course I've read all Harry Potter books before (several times) but this is the first time I'm reading them in French.
  • MargaretKMargaretK GreecePosts: 3
    Currently I have been reading "Note to Self" by Connor Franta. He has done a really good job in my opinion and I am loving it. Also totally different but I have also been reading "A Breif History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. One word to describe it, AMAZING.
    MargaretK
  • JayProducesStuffJayProducesStuff Posts: 7
    I thought I'd finally get into John's books.
    As overused as this might be,

DFTBA

• RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd finally get into John's books.

I wish I had picked up a copy of Paper Towns when they were all over the place right before the movie came out. Now I can't find it anywhere. I decided to watch the movie first.

The fault in our Stars was so sad that I don't think I could make it through the book but Paper Towns was actually kinda fun and I'd love to read the book. I hear it ends differently than the movie. I don't really like the movie ending, the rest was good but I don't feel like there was any pay off at the end. Not really the best way the phraise that but I'm not sure how else to put it. Please don't spoil the book ending I'm still going to try to pick it up at some point if I can and I don't want to know what changed in the movie version.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • HistoryNerdHistoryNerd Posts: 7
    Macbeth by Shakespeare. Bein' a nerd.
    edited August 20

Macbeth

HISS! BLASPHEMY! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT WORD THAT YOU DID NOT ACTUALLY SAY BECAUSE THIS IS A TEXT BASED FORUM! BOO! BURN THE WITCH! THROW TOMATOES! AND OTHER THINGS THAT I'M NOT REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT!
    by RialVestro
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • Simba_KingSimba_King Posts: 10
    I'M currently reading Ken Follet's Edge of Eternity.
  • vale_1414vale_1414 Mexico! (proud mexican nerdfighter here)Posts: 7
    I am reading ''The hobbit'' it is my first time reading J.R.R. Tolkien, this far it is pretty good though I feel like there's to many steps to get to the top of the stairs (if you understand what I mean). Over all I am really liking the characters and various landscapes. (I've never seen the movie, I am really hoping the got everything right.) Oh and the maps, I really like maps on books.
    What are you all currently reading?
  • tuttitutti Posts: 32
    @vale_1414 I'm reading The Lord of The Rings!! I just finished the hobbit, and although it was good Lotr is definitely better so far.
  • vale_1414vale_1414 Mexico! (proud mexican nerdfighter here)Posts: 7
    @tutti I own the whole three books and I didn't want to start them withouth reading The Hobbit first. Those poor books have been staring at me from the bookshelve for weeks now. Haha! What other books do you enjoy reading?
    vale_1414 said:

@tutti I own the whole three books and I didn't want to start them withouth reading The Hobbit first. Those poor books have been staring at me from the bookshelve for weeks now. Haha! What other books do you enjoy reading?

I read Dirk Gently out of order. I found the second book first and didn't want to wait. Plus I read Hitchhiker's Guide out of order, that one wasn't intentional I just didn't know the correct order. So now I feel like it's just kind of a tradition to read Douglas Adams in the wrong order.

Though I did have half of a comic book series and actually waited till I could get the complete series to read them all in the correct order. It was a Doctor Who Star Trek crossover. Eight comics, I think I started with 2, 4, 6, and 7 and then had to track down the other four issues.
  • tuttitutti Posts: 32
    @vale_1414 I like most types of books. I usually just go through phases (I'm in a fantasy phase right now). I can't read horror though, I tried once and got absolutely terrified. What books do you like?
  • AussieChic2000AussieChic2000 HogwartsPosts: 11
    I just started ink by Alice Broadway. It's really good so far, if a little hard to follow