Songs for books/characters

tortor Posts: 15
So I was reading Paper Towns again last night (seriously my favourite John book - sorry, TFiOS) and I kept thinking this Maxïmo Park song, Books from Boxes, fits Margo & Q pretty well! Do you have any songs you associate with John's books? I would love to make a big playlist of them. :)

Books from Boxes - Maxïmo Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLHAvOQrlRw 

Comments

• shakes1327shakes1327 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    I have a Paper Towns mix that someone made at some point. I seem to recall there being mixes in the making for other books? Trying rooting around on effyeahnerdfighters, perhaps? @valerie2776?

(Okay, I did a quick look on fynf and apparently the mix I have was actually created by John. Cool. Searching for "mix" or "playlist" on fynf turns up some mixes and songs for a few of the books, if those help?)
  • valerie2776valerie2776 Missoula, MTPosts: 264 Admin
    Yep yep! Here is a post that has all of the mixes (that I know of; I'm sure a lot more have been made) on it. Let me know if any of the links are broken so's I can fix em!
  • AaronAaron Dundee, U.K.Posts: 757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link to the Alaska one was broken. Is it this post that it was meant to link to?
    Elusive of the Last Ones
  • mynameisellenmynameisellen Posts: 20
    There's a song that I came across completely by chance (someone was tweeting the lyrics on my timeline, so I decided to look up the song cause I was bored) from a band I'd never heard of. I think it captures Paper Towns perfectly, but it could be just a thing that only I think, it's called Twin Size Mattress and it's by a band called The Front Bottoms :)
  • ANerdCalledGillianANerdCalledGillian SC, USAPosts: 2
    Either Way by Wilco is pretty good for Colin and Katherine #20.
  • thebookishgurlthebookishgurl 30 MINUTES FROM THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD, aka New York CityPosts: 7
    "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day always reminds me of the NO SPOILERS parts of LfA.
    In the words of the Doctor, RUN
  • NackPTNackPT Posts: 41
    There's a song that I came across completely by chance (someone was tweeting the lyrics on my timeline, so I decided to look up the song cause I was bored) from a band I'd never heard of. I think it captures Paper Towns perfectly, but it could be just a thing that only I think, it's called Twin Size Mattress and it's by a band called The Front Bottoms :)

I love The Front Bottoms! I'm seeing them this November.