Watching Lizzie Bennet, but not read Pride and Prejudice

13»

Comments

• nickcurrynickcurry Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited January 2013

What I'm really glad about this web series is that they encourage people to read the book, which is wonderful by the way. I see many people don't want to read the book until the series it's over but knowing the ending wouldn't really detract you from highly enjoying them because it's really interesting how they bring dated ideas and societal expectations of that time into a modern context to make it relevant. 

I have a question, and I'm just asking out of curiosity and NOT because that I think LBD fans are lesser fans than P&P readers or anything like that (Because I don't!) :

Do you guys really don't know what will happen in the end?

Because I feel that P&P is really pervasive in pop culture like in movies-I-shall-not-name-here, which aren't so much adaptations than something loosely based on, like [SPOILER] every chick-lit movie out there [/SPOILER]

by nickcurry
  • NelsonNelson AmsterdamPosts: 140 ✭✭
    After a ton of pestering from friends I got to watching the series. I have never read the book or seen another adaptation, and I feel quite lost a lot of the time because I have no idea what's going on or what is going to happen. One of my friends is very willing to explain a lot about the story though we rarely talk, while the other doesn't want to spoil me at all.

Partly because of this feeling lost I'm afraid I miss out on a lot of things going on with the series.
    nickcurry said:

I have a question, and I'm just asking out of curiosity and NOT because that I think LBD fans are lesser fans than P&P readers or anything like that (Because I don't!) :

Do you guys really don't know what will happen in the end?

I second this question.
    [ YouTube ] [ tumblr ]
  • I'm in that boat!  I was going to read it last summer, but never got around to it.  Perhaps this summer.
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    I've been waffling over joining this thread ever since it was first created.  Technically I haven't read the book (though I started it about a month ago in some vein attempt to catch up to and follow along in the series), but I've seen the Kiera Knightly version of the film about 10 times so I'm no stranger to the plot-line and what is to come.
  • IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    @Nelson from fandom muffled screams I can gather at least a few things, although one thing was blatantly obvious from the moment darcy was mentioned.

Currently delaying it tell spring break..but ill probably read another book(gatspy?)
    by IronAnimation
    Have a pleasant day