Has Hankgames influenced your decision to buy one of the games that has been played on the channel?

JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in HankGames

Has Hankgames influenced your decision to buy one of the games that has been played on the channel? 175 votes

Yes
61%
yllssonemiliarmusbexinterrobangMirandaRuthHolly_JaneJoshua19Uhr30TARDISandSparklesAnneSGildedWildebeestHoltzaKristy412QLCJulesphlyingpenguinBeckyEcharuIslaDominik55_ 108 votes
No
18%
HankSammich117valerie2776NucleusDawnNuttynicole11RobertNerdfighterSeanAlexandriaTsaysjohnlantonmikiczJeremyMobydickulousdyaizonbnoffeepidftbamazingSelenbrumagemdostersthefunsizedawesomemisingnoglic 33 votes
I plan to
19%
alizabkindmirndabriandrefreelovefreespiritolafhelmersenlembsusnerdmomma2beccalynn311BelisariussaeraChristyWhoMarielleMaddenAmyHrickycWyrLokimeg4nerdMangoNerdsyue1984PhDougie 34 votes

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I answered yes.
    I bought: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Wii), DeathSpank, Portal, and Portal 2
  • EcharuEcharu Posts: 41
    Yes
     Bought FIFA 12 in hopes of having a similar "rise up" adventure as the Swoodilypoopers. Still workin' on it.
  • MobydickulousMobydickulous Posts: 64 ✭✭
    No
    Interestingly I didn't bother buying Assassin's Creed Brotherhood because I found it more entertaining to just watch Hank play it.

~Darek

It has to be...AND IT IS!!

• bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes yes yes. I bought Portal and Assassin's Creed II (I'd buy the more recent ones but my laptop barely runs them :3 )

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• leafylaneleafylane Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yes
    Yes - Hank and Katherine are the reason why I own Super Mario Bros Wii! I also bought DeathSpank but my laptop didn't have high enough specs for it to work so I had to wait to go to my parents' for Christmas and use my dad's computer.
    by leafylane
    'You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet!'
    John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society
  • Yes
    I bought Lego Harry Potter, and want Zelda SO BAD!x
  • TARDISandSparklesTARDISandSparkles Posts: 59 ✭✭
    Yes
    Lego Harry Potter, and DeathSpank!
  • monsterthingmonsterthing Kepler 20-fPosts: 121 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    He is the whole reason I play Assassin Creed now
    The thing is...puppets. can't. fly.
  • BeckyBecky Posts: 13
    Yes
    Yes Portal & Portal 2. I love being able to play Co-op with my friend in Canada even though she's so far away. Lots of fun! I also really want to replay Super Mario Bros. now that I've watched them play it. It's been a while.
  • emiliarmusemiliarmus Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Yes
    I bought Lego HP because of Hank, and Minecraft. although apparently my laptop sucks too much to play it...so i haven't actually been on Nerdcrafteria yet >.>
    and i REALLY want to buy Portal, but haven't yet.
    Honestly, i didn't know anything about videogames before hankgames. now i'm in love <3
    p.s. i'm totally rewatching hank plays deathhank right now. SO FUNNY.
    by emiliarmus
  • Kjfb14Kjfb14 Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Yes
    Yes. I bought Super Mario Brothers Wii and I love it!!!
    by Kjfb14
    "When I was driving home, I thought about the word “special.” ....I was very grateful to have heard it again. Because I guess we all forget sometimes. And I think everyone is special in their own way. I really do." ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • katsweirdkatsweird Indianapolis,IndianaPosts: 108 ✭✭
    Yes
    Ya I bought FIFA because it looked like so much fun when I was watching John play, and I found my love for the lego Harry Potter games again. Can't wait for thanksgiving break so I can play them again
    We could be a story in the morning, but we’ll be a legend tonight.
  • nerdmomma2nerdmomma2 Posts: 2
    I plan to
    I'm considering FIFA 13 as a Chritmas gift for my son (so I can play too of course!)
  • 55_55_ Posts: 4
    Yes
    Yes. Portal and Portal 2. I was so impressed with Portal 2 that I wanted the experience of playing it myself before watching Hank play it. Bought it a couple episodes in.
  • EmptysquareEmptysquare Posts: 2
    Yes
    Bought Fifa 13 when it came out in hopes of a Swindon style Cinderella story. I've learned two things: #1 I don't know enough about soccer, and #2 I am bad at Fifa 13. 
  • Yes
    I bought Lego Harry Potter (both of the games) ... actually I think you convinced me to buy my whole Wii console...
  • nickgreydennickgreyden Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    FIFA 11 was bought as a direct result of hankgames. I had never had any interest whatsoever in soccer or buying a soccer game until watching John play. I now know the general rules of the game, have two of my own start up teams (Swindon Town now in the Premier League and Stoke City now in the Championship) and having a blast.

To a lesser extent, AC 2: Brotherhood. I would have probobly bought the game eventually anyway, but I went out of my way to get it because hank is SOOOOOO bad at that game I couldn't stand to watch him play until I got it for myself. Just got revelations yesterday and plan on finishing it within a week. Next month I'll have AC3 and will play through it before I watch any more videos on it. HE'S SO BAD AT GAME!!!

Labels define no one. Labels are what we give ourselves so others know generally what we care about, and a starting place to get to know us as a person -- usually as someone not fitting a label.
  • saerasaera Las Cruces, NM / El Paso, TXPosts: 156 ✭✭✭
    I plan to
    I'm buying Portal and Portal2 in the near future. As Christmas presents. To myself.
    Also all the Assassin's Creed games a bit later... when I have money again...

so YES
  • HoltzaHoltza Posts: 15
    Yes
    The reason I finally started playing Portal (because I didn't want to get spoiled before having had a chance to play it myself - though I admit I didn't BUY it until later - together with Portal 2), and later DeathSpank. Might also get Assassin's Creed someday.

Only shows that Let's Play videos are good for the video game market.
  • SirRachelSirRachel Posts: 1
    Yes
    Yes! The videos inspired me to buy Super Mario Bros Wii to play with my brother. It was the first Mario game I managed to beat, and showing my brother some of the Hank & Katherine videos as cheats was what turned my brother into a Nerdfighter! Now he plays FIFA all the time as well thanks to John!
  • Yes
    Many gaming channels have made me buy many things. I bought fifa 12 because of job but my imagination and love of the repetitiveness of the game is not as good as John's. Also I got it for the PC and that means I need to user EA's stupid Origin system and I hate it. Though the menu system for fifa12 is not much better.

On the reverse side I have always liked Assassin's Creed and so I have avoid those videos as not to be spoiled.
  • Yes
    Yes, I bought Super Mario Bros Wii and then immediately realized I was even more bad at game than Hank was. :(
  • kathrynb42kathrynb42 Posts: 5
    Yes
    Yes! I got  into Assassin's Creed cause of Hank's lets plays! And when Hank started LPing Portal but didn't do the introductory episode for a while I was so confused but intrigued that I bought the Orange Box! :)
    “I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”- Doctor
  • Yes
    I brought Portal 1 and 2 because of Hank. I saw half the first Portal 1 video, stopped playing the video. Brought the game and finished it before watching hanks videos. I loved the games. Thanks to Hank for introducing them to me.
  • JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I bought Super Mario Bros Wii and then immediately realized I was even more bad at game than Hank was. :(
    Wait...how has that even possible? (No offense Hank. Also cool that you tweeted the thread I created thank you very much!)

In response to the person who said Hank is bad at AC. Really? He seems relatively good at it in my opinion, but on the other hand I haven't played the AC games because I don't have a 360 (I have the first/original Xbox). Whereas I've played (and beat) SMBW so I can definitely vouch for him being bad at that.
  • MetzgirlMetzgirl Posts: 7
    Yes
    I bought Portal 1, realized I suck, then decided not to bother buying Portal 2 and just live vicariously through Hank. I bought Harry Potter years 1-4, and Super Mario Brothers Wii because I saw Hank's videos. Super Mario Bros could have been a marriage ending experience for my husband and I until I graciously bowed out and let him play alone. 
  • thepiratequeenktthepiratequeenkt Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I bought Super Mario Brothers and pretended it was a present for my sister, she is much better at it than I am so she often kills me (yes, she pushes me off things, throws shells at me, and leaves me behind) because I'm slowing her down so I spend a lot of time in a bubble (channeling Hank).
    My siblings own the Assassins Creed games, Zelda, and portal already unrelated to Hankgames. I've never been a player of video games though always a watcher because I find that more enjoyable so I like watching Hank and John and Katherine play the same way I like watching my brother and sister play.

• swww2198swww2198 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Yes
    I bought Super Mario Bros Wii! 
    DFTBA!
  • 19Uhr3019Uhr30 Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Yes

I recently bought the first Assassin's Creed when it was on sale on GOG because AC Brotherhood 2.0 seemed reasonably fun. I also got the first Portal because of HankGames.

I would immediately buy Mario Brothers if I were a console player... But I guess without a cursing Katherine it would just be half as fun.

by 19Uhr30