Minecraft

katjazzkatjazz Posts: 80 ✭✭
edited November 2012 in Gaming
Hey!

So I'm sure there are a lot of nerdfighters who play minecraft! So tell us about your minecrafting.

On another note, what are the chances that a Nerdfighter server exists, or can exist?
by valerie2776
I'm too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness. 

Comments

• kriatkriat Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Hi! I've just started checking out Minecraft and I like it so far. But I can definitely tell you that there is a Nerdfighter server that involves Hank himself. Here's the latest tour: 

by kriat
  • katjazzkatjazz Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Oh :$ I suppose I need to watch more Hank Games and be less of a newb.
    by katjazz
  • kriatkriat Posts: 7
    Don't worry, the entire world could do with more Hank Games.
  • dyaizondyaizon Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Yup. Nerdcrafteria is alive and kicking, though the server tool we use is going through an upgrade cycle and isn't the most stable at the moment. Should be resolved in the near future though!
  • I like Minecraft as well. I was a beta tester for Minecrafteria, but it got too big for me. At least people accepted me there! ^_^
    Welcome to the signature of the weirdest person ever.
    * Massive Gamer
    * Lesbian
      * Exception - <3's Trans Dude
      * Appreciation for male Beauty
    * Transgender
  • I'm totally gonna have to check that out! Unfortunately, my school server uses bukkit, which is still a version behind, and I have to wait to update my client until their server gets updated. 
    DFTBA
  • dyaizondyaizon Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I'm totally gonna have to check that out! Unfortunately, my school server uses bukkit, which is still a version behind, and I have to wait to update my client until their server gets updated. 
    Yeh, we're using the 1.4.2 beta version, which is a little unstable.
    by dyaizon
  • ve2dmnve2dmn Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I'm totally gonna have to check that out! Unfortunately, my school server uses bukkit, which is still a version behind, and I have to wait to update my client until their server gets updated. 
    Potential solution: Get Magic Launcher:

You can make multiple profiles for multiples versions of Minecraft and/or Mods combinations...

Truth resists simplicity.” ― John Green.
    I went on Nerdcrafteria. It makes me feel like such a newb because everything is crazy and awesome and fancy :$  But I will try to get the hang of it nevertheless :P
  • CombustibleLemonsCombustibleLemons Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Minecraft is so amazing i unfortunately can't join nerdcrafteria because i have for the xbox360 because of it's local coop capabilities unless their is some way i can play pc servers on it
  • NucleusDawnNucleusDawn Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I never got the hang of Minecraft, but I love it for being some sort of inspiration for Terraria, which is amazing.

I guess I need a little more direction and the feeling of progression in my games, which Minecraft lacks. It's more of a toy, than a game, in my eyes.
    by NucleusDawn
    "Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
  • LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,877 Admin
    katjazz said:
    I went on Nerdcrafteria. It makes me feel like such a newb because everything is crazy and awesome and fancy :$  But I will try to get the hang of it nevertheless :P
    It's quite a bit to take in at first impressions. We have got a FAQ book in game and the staff are always happy to answer any questions you have either in game or on the forums.

Can be daunting with the amount of people though. I wouldn't really know what it's like for a normal player though, sorry
  • RealReal You know that's right! Huntsville, ALPosts: 413 ✭✭✭
    I bought Minecraft when it was in alpha and I was one of the original moderators/administrators of the official Minecraft forums. My username is Real and I haven't truly played in ages. I did check out the Nerdfighteria server, though, and it's awesome!
  • Katie_2991Katie_2991 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    I need to get my own account instead of just using my friends log in. But I'm a college student and poor so it's going to have to wait. Until then I'm just going to drool over the server tour video...
    >twitter<
    >tumblr< (multifandom hot mess... you have been warned)

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”  -To Kill a Mockingbird
    Luke said:
    katjazz said:
    It's quite a bit to take in at first impressions. We have got a FAQ book in game and the staff are always happy to answer any questions you have either in game or on the forums.

Can be daunting with the amount of people though. I wouldn't really know what it's like for a normal player though, sorry
    Haha, I'm also kind of new to the game in general, so a lot of the stuff is just like "Wow, I didn't even know that was possible" but I've taken a look at the FAQs and such, and now I think it's just a matter of using the information within the game. 

But yeah, my weekend was spent listening to the audiobook of TFIOS and exploring Nerdcrafteria. 
  • TenleyNadineTenleyNadine MichiganPosts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Minecraft is awesome. I only have an iPad (things that sound like complaining but aren't) so I haven't played in awhile though. Haven't even been on Nerdfightcraftia. I have been playing a lot with the Pocket edition, not as good, but its a solid Alpha version of the game.

"The world unwraps itself to you, again and again, as soon as you are ready to see it anew." Wicked

• thesaraohthesaraoh Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    I downloaded it like half a year ago and it's a pretty awesome game! I like that it's simple and complex at the same time :D
    I joined Nerdcrafteria once, but it was a bit too much for me. I'm actually still trying to figure out the basics of the game... I like to dig caves!
    don't forget that brains attract
  • redphoneboxredphonebox West Coast, USPosts: 50
    Does anyone have/is up for making a smaller, vanilla/almost-vanilla server? I've tried before but I don't think my internet/whatever it is that supports servers can handle it (there was a lot of lag).

I haven't played multiplayer in a while and I'm gettin' kind of lonely :D (But I always get lost/intimidated on big servers o ^ o)
    hi i'm jenna

• ElroElro Posts: 100 ✭✭
    A small server sounds like a lot of fun, bigger servers are great to explore and all but can be not as much fun to build on especially if you don't know where or what your allowed to build.
  • TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    My irl friends and I have a private small server, one for tekkit and one vanilla and they're loads of fun.

But neither of them are run by me, so I wouldn't know. All I can say is the best people to start small servers with are people you know, even if you met them on the internet you should at least know if you like them or not.
    image       image       image       image         image       image
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• girl_on_Jupitergirl_on_Jupiter Posts: 663 ✭✭✭
    I'm so obsessed with Minecraft... It's pretty bad. Anyway, I really wish I could get the Technic pack but my computer doesn't run it well at all. It pretty much crashes the game immediately.

Also, does anyone know how to get onto the Nerdcrafteria server? It doesn't seem like the website is working and I'd really like to try it out.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
  • TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    mc.nerdfighteria.net
    image       image       image       image         image       image
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• QurestionAsker215QurestionAsker215 You don't need to knowPosts: 22
    I don't think that that server is up anymore. Does anyone know if it is, or if that's just me?
    'Liquid Chemistry is just good chemistry' ~ Hank Green 2015