The I hate Wickham thread

After the last episode with Lydia (28) OHMYGOD I HATE HIM SOOO MUCH ASDFGHJKL!!! Please elaborate on my behalf.

Comments

• NillieNillie Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    If it is possible to hate a fictional character, I definitely hate Wickham. Let's burn him half to death every other day for a few months, and bleed him the days in between. Who's with me?
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    I wish to kick him in the hazelnuts.  Repeatedly.

(Except not physically - I have to give mad props to the actor for creating such a believable Wickham that I can connect to emotionally, even if it is a hatred!)
    How about covering him with a few tons of rotten peaches, mixed with a little bit of rakfisk? It's fermented fish, and the smell is, to say the least, intense.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    You have no idea how happy it makes me that this thread exists. Wickham needs to go die in a hole.

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

Lucyisalive said:
    You have no idea how happy it makes me that this thread exists. Wickham needs to go die in a hole.
    Covered with what I suggested above?
  • KristeeKristee Posts: 4
    I think the worst part about him is how subdued and submissive Lydia's become. I can barely watch Lydia's episodes he's so slimy.
  • celesicelesi Posts: 71 ✭✭
    And at 1:33 in 28, "And where does that leave me--where does that leave us?"

Good to see where the interests lie.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Nillie said:
    Lucyisalive said:
    Covered with what I suggested above?

Yes! I think we should make the experience as - to use your word - 'intense' for him as possible!

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• This thread is great because I really need to vent out my feelings for Wickham after the last few videos: I hate Wickham. Very intensely.
    This thread is great because I really need to vent out my feelings for Wickham after the last few videos: I hate Wickham. Very intensely.
    Me too. I'm not generally particularly sadistic, but GW seems to bring out the worst in me.
  • ArielAriel Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I don't want to know what will happen to Lydia any more. It sounds like its going to be awful.
  • vadermolt1vadermolt1 Posts: 10
    What about the clip from the next video, Lydia looks like she was crying! If he hurts her he is GOING DOWN! 
    He is so controlling and horrible.
  • vadermolt1vadermolt1 Posts: 10
    He is a manipulating, terrible, disgusting human being. (Props to Wes Aderhold for portraying him so well though)
  • Both I and my friend want to strangle him.  Sorry, Wiks, not even your nice abs can change this girl's opinion.
    Today's Lydia video "Good Enough" it made me feel so confused and angry.
  • ThatCrazyFangirlThatCrazyFangirl Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    That sex tape. This is the last straw. Seriously, I honestly hated Wickham with every fiber of my being before, but...I can't. What kind of an absolute bucket of pus does that?

On a related note, MAJOR props to the writers as well as Mary Kate and Wes for making this world so emotionally immersive. I've never felt this way about any other character (with an exception for Professor Umbridge), and that's an awesome thing for the LBD to pull off. Good job, folks! I despise George Wickham with all of my molecular structure! 
    by ThatCrazyFangirl
  • Bee12Bee12 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I honestly had hopes for Wickham, this is so much worse than what I imagined happening. Wes and MKW are seriously amazing though, they both express so much in subtle facial expressions and their line delivery. I absolutely loathed Wickham in the book (and all of the adaptations). I honestly didn't think it was possible, but I think that this version has taken my hatred of him to a whole new level. Well played LBD cast and crew.

@Lucyisalive I'm so excited for that to happen haha.

Is it wrong to really want a confrontation between Wickham and Darcy to somehow be filmed?

@knyx That would be amazing. I think we should make Bernie Su do it.
  • geekacrossthestreetgeekacrossthestreet Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @Knyx, I agree with you. Gigi the nerdfighter! And George Wickham is such a scumbag. I was wondering how they were going to properly portray his terrible character in the series but wow. Just....Wow. 
  • TorieTorie Posts: 23
    ACTUAL MURDER I hate him so so so so much. But honestly like....Wes is such a good actor
    Today's Lizzie video proved that GW made the site without Lydia's permission or even her knowledge. That's actually illegal, at least in Norway: I'm not very familiar with US laws.
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HE MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!! 

I just want to give him a high five... in the face... with a chair... !
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

Berglind said:
    HE MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!! 

I just want to give him a high five... in the face... with a chair... !
    I think something rough and/or spiked would be more appropriate.
    I definitely feel like Lydia is being taken advantage of more in LBD than the book.
    I have never wanted to physically hurt a fictional character as much as I want to hurt GW. Today's episode, wow, just wow. The acting was incredible, not going to lie, I definitely shed a little tear (didn't think I would ever cry at a web series). I think they're really breaking this form of media wide open though. I'm still in awe.