Sharing hotel/motel/hostel room to cut costs?

RolandWRolandW Posts: 1
Hello fellow Nerdfighters,

I'm currently planning my trip to the US for this summer. The main highlight of my trip will be VidCon. I am from the Netherlands and I have saved up for this trip for over 3 years.

My biggest concern at the moment is the fact that I might not be able to afford a place to stay over in LA. The suggestions given on the VidCon site are way too expensive for me, I'm currently sitting on 200 - 400 euro (that's about 220 - 500 dollar) for the full week in LA to spend on sleeping costs while I'm there. 

My questions to you are the following:

1. Is there anyone willing to share a (2-person) room and share costs, so we can cut on them a little.
2. Does anyone have any good suggestions for (cheaper) hotels in the area of the convention center?
3. If not in the area of the convention center, how is the transport to the center? Because if I'm not close to it, I'm sure as heck not going to walk the entire distance in the burning hot sun every day! :P

I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Until then, 

Best Wishes and DFTBA!

Comments

• thatshortnerdthatshortnerd WisconsinPosts: 4
    Hi! Are you still looking for roomies? My friend and I have a reservation at the Hilton and are looking for someone else to split the cost with. [= DFTBA!