That Wolf

What has been your favourite part in the deskinning and general taking a part of the Wolf?
I aim to misbehave. 

Comments

• BrilliantBootsBrilliantBoots Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the skinning (albeit with a little revulsion); it was really interesting to see how everything looked without fur and to see the muscles move, etc.  Unfortunately, I have to admit that I had to turn the gutting off.  I made it through the beheading and then my gag reflux went nuts.  If I didn't know that it was impossible, I'd swear that I could smell it.  I think my imagination is a little too realistic.  Props to Emily for doing it all in person!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Yh Emily made it so much easier to watch cos she was so casual and jokey. I really like the gutting it was cool to see. the skinning was interesting too but the face bits made me a bit uneasy lol.
    "Everything is dead." -Emily, The Brain Scoop
  • Oca2blueOca2blue Posts: 2
    I definitely liked seeing how the muscles looked under all that skin and fur. It was also interesting to see the underlying damage/trama done to the body. 
  • BrilliantBootsBrilliantBoots Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I nearly died when
    she pulled that thumb out of the stomach

She said in comments that it was Michael Aranda's doing.  Darn you, Aranda!
  • missMorticiamissMorticia Posts: 49 ✭✭
    My favourite part was the de skinning of the face, when Emily showed how to keep the eye lashes on the skin! That was just incredible!
    I aim to misbehave. 
    Did anyone else find the stomach content check the most disturbing video to watch?
    Omg I just watched that....  omg ewww! 
    I aim to misbehave. 
  • BeckyBecky Posts: 13
    Alejandro said:
    Did anyone else find the stomach content check the most disturbing video to watch?
    Yes, would have definitely put that higher up on the grossometer.
  • DrWatsonDrWatson Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I didn't find the skinning that gross, and the gutting/dismembering wasn't so bad either. However, I think if I were in the lab with them I would have fainted/puked. All in all, very interesting! :)
    "That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt' - John Green

'Dude! No edge!!' - Hank Green
  • geekacrossthestreetgeekacrossthestreet Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    It was really great  to watch it all but I'm very glad I wasn't in the lab with Emily and the others. I don't know if I'd have been able to take it.
  • JCHJCH Posts: 11
    Am I the only one who didn't really mind the Stomach Content episode? 
    I guess my 'gross-o-meter' is more in line with Emily's than with the general public. I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet.
  • My first thought about the stomach content was that it would be pretty cool to own a deer toe with tooth marks on it that had been inside of a wolf. Like, my brain went, "I'd buy that with real money." Is that a bad thing?
    I want to go on adventures I think; not get stuck in one place.
    There was a deer toe with tooth marks on it? I admit I didn't get that far *blush*
    I aim to misbehave. 
  • musickitten101musickitten101 TokyoPosts: 481 ✭✭✭
    @JCH I didn't mind watching it either. Gutting the wolf gossed me out the most....nonetheless, brainscoop is awesome :)
  • EnarieEnarie Posts: 8
    It was weird to find myself not been disturbed by those videos. I mean, I had to show one of them to a friend to realize that it was really disgusting (even with the warning at the begining of the video). I really enjoied them, especially the skinning one. I loved to see the wolf without it´s skin, being able to see his muscles and tendones was awesome!
    Becky said:
    Alejandro said:
    Yes, would have definitely put that higher up on the grossometer.
    Yes. That was the only video in wich I said EWW. It was not too disgusting, though
  • I may be extremely slow, but where do you go in order to see this disturbing vid? I wanna see it! %-(
  • Whoops wrong emoticon. 8->
  • ABitOfOwlishFunABitOfOwlishFun Posts: 66 ✭✭

Still a big fan of the skinning. It was so interesting to see all the muscle structures and tendons and things :D
    I'm looking forward to the brain scooping, and seeing the bones cleaned.

As for the grossness so far, I've really not been bothered by anything to date, but I'm not grosses out easily. What can I say, I was one of the few girls in my science class to actually enjoy disceting my rat xD

• musickitten101musickitten101 TokyoPosts: 481 ✭✭✭
    @ABitOfOwlishFun I would never dissect an animal.... even if it's dead. But I do like watching people do it. 
  • ABitOfOwlishFunABitOfOwlishFun Posts: 66 ✭✭
    @musickitten101 Fair enough :D It's not for everyone.
  • WaifuWaifu Posts: 24
    I found it all quite fascinating, to be perfectly honest. What I was more interested in was the age of the wolf and whether or not his pack was with him at the time of his death.

Beautiful creature overall. ^^
  • That was not very disgusting. Actually pretty amazing. The smell would probably make me throw up. If emily says it stinks, it probably smeells really bad. :o3
  • My favorite part was when Emily called Lenscrafters and asked for a dead wolf! Also, I am oddly not grossed out by the videos. I don't understand why...The Brain Scoop is freaking awesome!
    >From the latest episode... xD Thought it was hilarious! 
    Reminds of something out of a 90's film. 
    edited March 2013

For any "A Game Of Thrones" fans... My friend and i where having a convo about this^^^^^ and then this happened:
    by Alejandro
  • FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭
    The leaking, squishy eyeballs were the only thing that got me to say "ewwwwwww" so far... I really liked the skinning and gutting episodes.

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole thing was incredibly cool, but I think the best was skinning around the face.  such delicate work and Emily is so good at it!
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
  • restipulaterestipulate Posts: 8
    My favorite part?  Telling Lenscrafters you're after the dead wolf in their freezer.  I still don't know whether that was staged or not, but it was funny, nonetheless.  

The part that really impressed me was how good the skinning job on the head came out.  especially around the face.  
  • NillieNillie Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    @restipulate, it was not staged. Which just makes it even funnier, in my opinion. Imagine being on the receiving end of that call. :p
  • jessicawhitejessicawhite Posts: 2
    Everything I am a big fan