"Darcy!" Compilation

aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
So I'm working on a compilation video of every time Lizzie says "Darcy" (including "William Darcy").  Whee!  (I'm also working on another one containing every "My Name is Lizzie Bennett..." intro)

I have two questions to pose to Nerdfighteria, should you wish to help me out.  First, we all know LBD has great costume theatre fun.  I'm wondering if I should include the few times other characters portraying Lizzie say Darcy's name.  In particular, in episode 37 Lydia!Lizzie says "Darce", I'm not sure whether to use something like that.  I feel that technically the other characters are recapping something that Lizzie said, so it should be alright, but should it be restricted only to Lizzie's voice?

Secondly, should "Darvid" be in the video?

I know it's ultimately my decision since I am the one making the video, but I wanted to get input from other LBD fans, since they would be the ones watching the video.  Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭

I think that sounds really cool and I can't wait to see them! :) Personally I think you should include the times when another character portraying Lizzie says his name as I think that they will be saying it with Lizzie's perception of him in their mind most of the time. As for Darvid, maybe not? It might kind of disrupt the rhythm of Darcy over and over again. (context is everything ;) )

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    Tee hee hee, and now my mind is in the gutter :P

I know what you mean about the rhythm, there are a couple of times I'm planning to disrupt it, but I'm doing it with a specific intent so I'm hoping it will work out well.  

I should have mentioned, I'm adding a counter with it, so it's affecting my decision.  Right now I have Lydia's "Darce" in there, but I keep going back and forth on it because it's not a whole "DarcY", so... hmm.

Thanks for the response!  :)
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I would include the Darce, but it really depends on how it sounds.  Play it both ways, and then just go with whatever you feel. Don't overthink it, it will be great either way!

Post it here when your done. :)
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • ThisIsLissThisIsLiss Posts: 23
    I agree about keeping the people playing Lizzie saying Darcy, and I suppose "Darce" is close enough :) Though I'd say no for Darvid cus it's not really about her saying Darcy, it's just her telling Whickam's story, not really her story. If that makes sense?? Sorry I am writing this at 1:30 am lol. But I am keen to see this video :D great idea! 
    French The Llama! 

This Is Liss!

DFTBA
    edited March 2013
    Thanks @ThisIsLiss!  I think I'll stick with the consensus and add in the the other characters as Lizzie saying "Darcy", but not "Darvid."

I was all caught up until yesterday's episode, but something screwy happened with the project, I may need to remake it again.  It definitely looks like I have to remake "My Name is Lizzie Bennet", which I'm not sad about because I only got up to episode 6, but the Darcy compilation was easily 24 hours of work up until this point.  I reeeeeally don't want to have to redo it.  T_T

EDIT:  Well, I only lost about 2 hours of work in total.  Far better from having to start from the beginning.

And I will now stop using this thread as an update platform for this project.
    by aSnowyEvening
    Sorry for the double-post.  I'd like some more opinions, if that's ok.

Gigi Darcy.  I was thinking of including the times where Lizzie says her full name, because they are siblings and share a surname after all, but when I showed my sister she didn't think those lines should have been there.  Thoughts?
  • BrilliantBootsBrilliantBoots Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    @aSnowyEvening - My whole interest in the compilation would be watching the way Lizzie's opinion of Darcy changes over time, using just those tiny clips of tone, facial expression, and body language when she said his name.  I think that including the 'Gigi Darcy's would just cloud the objective.  Of course, as the compiler, you might have a different vision, but that's my two cents!
    @BrilliantBoots - That makes sense.  It was something that I was going back and forth on when I got to that episode in my compiling, but so I took the "I'll put it in so I don't forget about it and take it out later if it shouldn't be there" approach.  Thanks so much for your input, it really helps!
    Woot, the video is live!  I did the best I could, and I hope folks don't mind the slight creative licensing I took with it, but I did my best.  Hope you enjoy it!

• NillieNillie Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    Great job, @aSnowyEvening. The ending had me reacting exactly the same way as when I first watched that Q&A video: making the same sound I would If I were the one lifted and carried out.
  • LucyisaliveLucyisalive Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Really really good! :) I now have Darcy ringing in my ears!

'To love another person is to see the face of God' - Les Miserablés 

'There's some good in this world... and it's worth fighting for' - The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.  

'This is why I love books... they jump into the abyss to be with you.' - John Green

• ThisIsLissThisIsLiss Posts: 23
    Yayyyyyy!!! You finished it :) so pleased for you!!! It's turned out super awesome and it's so fun to see how much she was obsessed with him from day 1 ;P
    French The Llama! 

This Is Liss!

DFTBA
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just amazing :)
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

edited March 2013
    OH MY GOD I AM AN IDIOT

I removed my video by accident.

Noooooo why did I do that?!  After Ashley Clements commented on it and everything?!

I'm just going to curl up and die in embarrassment as I re-upload the video now.

ETA:  New video here.  I'm going to cry in a corner now.

by aSnowyEvening
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Loved it!  Really nice job.
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • BaileyBailey New England, USAPosts: 37 ✭✭
    Beautiful! Super job. Just my two cents though... I think it could have been hilarious if you did stick "Darvid" in the middle there, depending on the comedic timing.

Loving it the way it is though.
    balailey.blogspot.com 

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/wj76/bring-emily-back-to-good-health <-- Please share this site for my friend! She's in pain and needs your help. This is an authorized GiveForward fundraiser.
  • NillieNillie Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    Bailey said:
    Beautiful! Super job. Just my two cents though... I think it could have been hilarious if you did stick "Darvid" in the middle there, depending on the comedic timing.

Loving it the way it is though.
    That would be best if it was the time William Darcy himself said: "If I knew a Darvid..."