SciShow - "Anno 1913" edition?

Greetings, Earthlings!

I've an idea for a SciShow spinoff: A "historical edition" allegedly broadcasted from exactly 100 solar cycles ago. 

I imagine Hank, disguised as his great-grandfather, talking about new and exciting scientific news from anno 1913. As source and inspiration I suggest the "Popular Mechanics" magazine. The show could have a pompous name like "The new & very spectacular Presentation of Advances in Science & Mechanics presented by the illustrous Dr. Bartholomew Green".

What do you think?

Comments

• missMorticiamissMorticia Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Visually, I know a lot love a good time travel sorta show.It's a quirky idea if a common one, I wonder if Hank has thought of something similar already? 
    I aim to misbehave. 
  • RolloRollo Operative 6081, MiniTrue Airstrip Three, OceaniaPosts: 1,900 ✭✭✭
    Rutherford, looking stunned.

Rutherford on Rutherford's gold foil experiment in 1911:
    "It was almost as incredible as if you had fired a 15-inch shell at a piece of tissue paper and it came back and hit you."

1913 is a neat year. Georges Sagnac showed that the speed of light was a constant, Henry Ford introduced the assembly line to his factory at the end of year and this was still before the Chemists' War would lay waste to 9 million people, slaughtered in stupid battles planned by stupid generals.

"I speak an infinite deal of nothing and I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

I've written four books - you might like to buy them: Linky - Doobly Doo