Brain Scoop Funding

IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
The Brain Scoop isn't doing well under the youtube ad revenue, and one day of voluntary donation surpassed a month of advertisement(although there is probably an initial surplus of donors). What are your suggestions to help, and how do you feel about the problem.

You can donate here: http://nk.cm/brainscoop/ (for now)
Have a pleasant day

Comments

• geekacrossthestreetgeekacrossthestreet Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
  • It doesn't seem like most people know that their donations can do a lot for the show. This is true for many other channels as well. If they're struggling a little, someone should speak up. I think all of us would be willing to help.
  • IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    It doesn't seem like most people know that their donations can do a lot for the show. This is true for many other channels as well. If they're struggling a little, someone should speak up. I think all of us would be willing to help.
    Hank mentioned it in the change video I thought(maybe not), he talks about it on twitter and tumblr. I think its part of what motivated him to talk about smaller youtuber troubles, as even with enormous support they have trouble.
    by IronAnimation
    Have a pleasant day
  • VeenVeen Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Maybe Flattr is an option? 

by Veen
  • writtenwisheswrittenwishes College Dorm RoomPosts: 3,078 ✭✭✭
  • Luljeta284Luljeta284 Posts: 4
    I really love this channel and would hate to see it go as it has charm and a lot of potential. They should defiantly do another Kickstarter as the Lizzie Bennet Diaries did very well. The Vlogbrothers would have to make a video about it to get the word out. We are a big community and have the ability to make a difference so I see no reason as to why we shouldn't try a public funding effort.
  • FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭
    There should be a subbable for the brain scoop

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• orathaicorathaic Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I think the brain scoop has now some more regular funding from the Chicago field museum... though i might be imagining.

Got my name in the credits, that really made me smile. 
    the fathers of great men are quickly forgotten.