Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• MichaelGMichaelG Posts: 18
    Greetings my dear friends. The Name's Michael (duh).
    I life in Germany, I'm 23 years young right now an I'm aiming to have my own Radio Channel in Germany. Or at least be a big number on the Radio here.
    My Hobbys are mostly just Gaming and sketching. I just doodle all day. Furthermore, I'm the Leadsinger in a Viking-Metal Band and the most precious thing to me is my Imagination.
    I like long walks on the bea.... no wait, I don't!
    I feel at best when I'm close to nature. Camping and Mountains rock!
  • MirandaRuthMirandaRuth Posts: 42
    Hello. I'm Miranda. I live in (a suburb of) St. Louis, MO, in the US. I'm a grad student, and I enjoy reading and tumblring and TV and whatnot. I never participated in the old pants forum, but I thought I might dive in here.
  • Hey there! I'm Julia and I live in Texas. I love crafting of all kinds, especially sewing and my newest passion in cosplay. I miss the days when I was really involved in online communities so I figured why not jump right back in!
  • echoecho Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    DFTBA said:
    Hi there! I'm an American who had to google digestive biscuits to find out what they are. Chocolate please. :) I have through some twist of fate been able to acquire the username DFTBA, but you can also call me Marianna, as that is my name. I play viola and a little bit of guitar, read all the time, and race sailboats.
    Oh, good job on the name grab! You can have TWO biscuits.
    Former enigma, professional echo.
  • bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edward said:
    'ello, everyone! British Nerdfighter reporting in, here ... although I'm actually living in France at the moment, teaching English in a high school. I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, reading, the music of Owl City, languages in general, designing stuff, playing guitar, coxing rowing boats, drinking tea ... speaking of which ...

Hello! I am bexinterrobang (or Bex), I am British (English to be precise, though I don't like tea *gasp*) and I love Doctor Who, Castle, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Star Wars and BOOKS.

You don't like tea?!* That sort of thing should be banned under the Shadow Proclamation :P

-----

* Interrobang reference. See what I did there?
    Yes, I'm sorry! :( I don't feel appropriately English. What should I do to combat this?

If it helps, even though I live by myself and don't ever have anybody coming to my house, I actually have a box of tea. 

And yes. I see what you did there.... 
    =D>

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• emiliarmusemiliarmus Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    DFTBA said:
    Hi there! I'm an American who had to google digestive biscuits to find out what they are. Chocolate please. :) I have through some twist of fate been able to acquire the username DFTBA, but you can also call me Marianna, as that is my name. I play viola and a little bit of guitar, read all the time, and race sailboats.
    ANOTHER VIOLIST?!  *hugs*  i started on violin, but switched to viola after 9 years, and love it SO MUCH MORE
  • roodsbroodsb Posts: 5
    Hello! My name is Sarah and I am a college student originally from Ohio but studying in DC (So my life has been a little election crazy these past couple days)

I am a biomedical engineer, which means I love nerdy things especially multivariable calculus, and I enjoy a good complete Austen read-through every six months or so

I studied abroad in Ireland last semester and miss it very much, and thus want to go back quite badly

I also have never been involved in nerdfighter-y things, though I went to a youtube gathering in London once which was both awesome and the most terrifying thing I have ever done in my life. I was also the only American there. But I do want to get involved, so lets try this
  • azurebreezeazurebreeze Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hi!

I am Native American enrolled in the Stockbridge-Munsee band of Mohicans tribe. My Indian name is Wabun anung which means Morning Star.  I live in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I have a YouTube channel and I do things like NaNoWriMo. I am also am a big fan of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. I love to dance at Pow Wows. 

Look forward to getting to know you, 
    Buffy
    by azurebreeze
  • hooplahfloophooplahfloop Posts: 17
    hey kids! my name is Hannah. although i bet you just pronounced it wrong in your head... its more like... haha-Hannah. like youre laughing. instead of saying it like the beginning of the word hand. or something. its hard to explain these things via textual communication. anyway, nice to meet you all! i love Our Pants already! :)
  • Alix23Alix23 Posts: 38

I'm Alix, I live in the UK, near London. I like tea gnerally, but I go in and out of phases of drinking it. I've only visited the US twice, although I'm a citizen, but I am hoping to come for college.

I've only been a nerdfighter since August, but I had the whole month to catch up so I feel pretty well emersed. I've been wearing my DFTBA tee to all my sixth form (11th and 12th grade in high school) entrance exams and have so far met about 7 nerdfighters at them!

I've just bought An Adundance of Katherines and I've already read TFIOS, Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns, so I'll be off reading that all night :)

I'm the motherfucking fox

• Hello fellow Nerdfighter/s, my name, as you may have guessed, is George and i live in the United States. I am a writer, of the as of yet published form, currently working on a novel, and poetry for my tumblr. It’s good to see that I’m not the only Nerdfighter who has never been as involved with it as I would like to be and i am hoping that this will afford me the opportunity of jumping in and connecting to this community of people that i love so deeply.

• DFTBA said:
    I play viola
    Me too. I'm always surprised when I run into people who play because it's not that common an instrument.

I'm Nat though. I'm 22, from Wisconsin, and currently taking time off from school due to broke-ness.
  • DFTBADFTBA Posts: 30
    echo said:
    DFTBA said:
    Oh, good job on the name grab! You can have TWO biscuits.
    Thanks! Yay, two biscuits!
    DFTBA said:
    ANOTHER VIOLIST?!  *hugs*  i started on violin, but switched to viola after 9 years, and love it SO MUCH MORE
    YOU ARE A VIOLIST LET ME LOVE YOU! *hugs back* Violas are pretty much the best. :) I originally started because I was going to play violin but my orchestra had no violas. I'm glad I did, because now I love it.
  • obiskusobiskus Posts: 18
    Hello *waves*

Someone from Finland here - a jeweler, crafter, artist and an occasional writer. Also a bookworm and a music addict who loves Harry Potter, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Merlin and Sherlock. And dragons and costume dramas and... Well, you get the picture, I'm sure.
    "Polar bears are brilliant!"  - Arthur Shappey

• aprilapril Posts: 15
    Hi everyone! I'm April. I'm from Tennessee. I'm an aspiring librarian. And I spend most of time obsessing over television and literature.
  • Hi everyone!!
    I´m Anika and I´m from Germany. I´m in my last year of school and REALLY want to go to the UK after that. I love Doctor Who, Sherlock,NCIS and Merlin. Oh and I love books!
  • Coin3Coin3 Posts: 21
    My name is Griffin, and I live in Oregon in the USA. I am very happy to be a part of the beginning of this new forum, and hopefully I can make some cool friends here. :D
    "Happiness only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless
  • emiliarmusemiliarmus Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    DFTBA said:  YOU ARE A VIOLIST LET ME LOVE YOU! *hugs back* Violas are pretty much the best. :) I originally started because I was going to play violin but my orchestra had no violas. I'm glad I did, because now I love it.
    I think part of the reason I love it so much is the people in my section :) We had something called "Viola Candy Thursdays", where someone in the section would bring candy for all the violists every thursday. None of the other sections did :P  but yeah. i much enjoy not needing to shift as much, and not playing so freakin high, like the violins do!
  • What Oh! Another British Nerdfighter here,

Unfortunately I'm another one who's not into Tea, but that's about the only "un-english" thing about me. I'm a geologist with a panchant for pizza and making palaeontology/geology based YouTube videos. Fandoms include Doctor Who and Star Trek.

Hope everyone's settling in here.
    Benjamin D. Brooks
    Geologist, Palaeontologist and part-time geek in other arenas
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
    Profile | Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | NaNoWriMo
  • Juggler and unicyclist studying creative writing who also makes original music and other weird videos on my youtube channel

I'm obsessed with Buster Keaton and good physical comedy, also I really love the band Oingo Boingo and the whole Avatar fandom. If one day I manage to combine these things, I will likely implode.
    I'm a musician, writer, juggler and unicyclist. If you ever need any of these things for any reason, yell at me!

• phampantsphampants Posts: 8
    Hey Hey,  I'm John from Chicago, IL.  I'm on the older spectrum of NF, but been a NF since the very early days. Love Doctor Who, BSG, Scrubs, Community, running, traveling and causing trouble.
  • bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    What Oh! Another British Nerdfighter here,

Unfortunately I'm another one who's not into Tea, but that's about the only "un-english" thing about me. I'm a geologist with a panchant for pizza and making palaeontology/geology based YouTube videos. Fandoms include Doctor Who and Star Trek.

Hooray, I'm not the only one! Can we be friends?

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• DFTBADFTBA Posts: 30
    DFTBA said:  YOU ARE A VIOLIST LET ME LOVE YOU! *hugs back* Violas are pretty much the best. :) I originally started because I was going to play violin but my orchestra had no violas. I'm glad I did, because now I love it.
    I think part of the reason I love it so much is the people in my section :) We had something called "Viola Candy Thursdays", where someone in the section would bring candy for all the violists every thursday. None of the other sections did :P  but yeah. i much enjoy not needing to shift as much, and not playing so freakin high, like the violins do!
    I definitely prefer the low notes to the super-high violin ones. Also, your section sounds fantastic. My section ('cause in high school there are actually other violists!) is like a little (dysfunctional) family. Sometimes we switch seats and names just for fun. Our director is not always amused.
  • jonkerlinjonkerlin Posts: 16
    Hello! 
    My name is Jonathan, I live in Virginia and do a video blog with my brother SuperCarlinBrothers!

I prefer coffee to tea..
    1/2 of the Super Carlin Brothers... the handsome one that is.

General of the Grizzly Eagle Shark army - sworn enemies of the Girrafalents 

• Glad to meet you Bex!

I find that the tea-drinking stereotype is such that people are completely baffled by the concept of a non-tea-drinking English person! You'd be surprised at how many of us there are... we just tend to hide :-)
    What Oh! Another British Nerdfighter here,

Hooray, I'm not the only one! Can we be friends?

Benjamin D. Brooks
    Geologist, Palaeontologist and part-time geek in other arenas
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
    Profile | Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | NaNoWriMo
  • turini2turini2 Posts: 5
    Hi!

James, from the UK - currently on exchange for Uni in Canada. Yeah, it's awesome.

I drink EG tea. Anyone have any particular tea preferences?

BTW, you put the milk after you take the tea bag out. :)
    #DFTBA
    @turini2 on the tweets
    EG Tea. I'm British, how could you tell?
  • Hello!  I'm Kate.  I'm a first year university student in Ohio.  I love reading, writing, and being a responsible citizen of the world.  My friends say I'm endearingly quirky and clumsy.  I love music, but I'm not particularly musical.  I'm studying biology and Spanish, but I love the arts.  Oh, I'm also a pretty new nerdfighter.  
  • aanimoaanimo Posts: 3
    Good day, everyone! I'm aanimo. I'm from a place in the USA. I like mathematics, classical music, history, sf/f.....and youtube ;)
  • LaMiaLaMia Posts: 4
    Hey, I'm LaMia (my name is actually Tjaša) and I'm from Slovenia and I'm really into reading... (and Doctor Who and amigurumi and anatomy (sometimes both at the same time... I'll post a picture of anatomically correct crochet heart I made someday) and rewatching Firefly episodes over and over). But mostlly reading :D. I study medicine (2nd year), and am realy into Project VIRUS (its a HIV/Aids related project + safe sex + other STIs, we do stuff for 1st of december, we do workshops in high schools etc.)
    And I am realy happy to be here so early, because I would get intimidated if this was allready a full blown nerdfighter forum, and wouldn't join (I'm a nerdfighter of two years (I know, only) and it's the first time I am really getting interactivelly involved :D)
    Oh and pardon any horrendous spelling, it's gonna (be) happen(ing), if it hasn't already (I have no problem with speaking in english but spelling... not my strong suit :D)
  • AReasonToWriteHomeAReasonToWriteHome Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Hello there, my name is Brandon and I'm from New York City!  I'm a social media intern at MyDamnChannel (maybe you've heard of it?) and I also write reviews for iOS games.  I recently got accepted into Queens College and looking to go back to school for Media Studies and Journalism.  In my spare time I enjoy writing, reading, playing video/board games, and getting lost for hours on end on Reddit.
    Brandon.  Nerdfighter.  Editor-In-Chief of the Anglerfish.  All around liker of things.