Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Glad to meet you Bex!

I find that the tea-drinking stereotype is such that people are completely baffled by the concept of a non-tea-drinking English person! You'd be surprised at how many of us there are... we just tend to hide :-)
    What Oh! Another British Nerdfighter here,

Unfortunately I'm another one who's not into Tea, but that's about the only "un-english" thing about me. I'm a geologist with a panchant for pizza and making palaeontology/geology based YouTube videos. Fandoms include Doctor Who and Star Trek.

Hope everyone's settling in here.
    Hooray, I'm not the only one! Can we be friends?

Well, maybe we should form a secret society.

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• ManWithABlueFoxManWithABlueFox Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Hello. My name is Jeremy or JayAreMe. Whichever works best is fine with me. I've been a nerdfighter for three and a half years. John and Hank have inspired not just what I do, but also how I live. I think about life and people more complexly than I used to. Anyway, I'm a writer and a vlogger. 
    This world needs a little nerdying up. Just let me grab my books and webcam real quick.
  • kelseyma4kelseyma4 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Hey everyone! I am Kelsey, am 21 and am from the lovely state of Michigan. Currently I am living in the London area, though, until December, as a study abroad student. I love Cycling and Doctor Who and Harry Potter and Geography and Computers and Books and lots lots of other things! Oh and also volunteering! I love to volunteer and help people. The best experience of my life was when I was able to bike across the US AND help with affordable housing at the same time. Oh and I have been watching the Vlogbrothers since Accio Deathly Hallows came out in 2007. :) 
  • cberenblumcberenblum Posts: 12
    YO. I'm Cat, Argentinean, living in Florida.
    I like science, theatre, dystopian novels, and countless TV shows. 
  • Glad to meet you Bex!

I find that the tea-drinking stereotype is such that people are completely baffled by the concept of a non-tea-drinking English person! You'd be surprised at how many of us there are... we just tend to hide :-)

Unfortunately I'm another one who's not into Tea, but that's about the only "un-english" thing about me. I'm a geologist with a panchant for pizza and making palaeontology/geology based YouTube videos. Fandoms include Doctor Who and Star Trek.

We could... though I suspect it'd be a little like herding cats! Then again... I've never actually *tried* herding cats... it could be fun!
    Benjamin D. Brooks
    Geologist, Palaeontologist and part-time geek in other arenas
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
    Profile | Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | NaNoWriMo
    Glad to meet you Bex!

We could... though I suspect it'd be a little like herding cats! Then again... I've never actually *tried* herding cats... it could be fun!
    Herding cats?! Is that a regularly-used phrase that I've just never heard? If not, it should be. But yes. We need more members though, two isn't so much a society as a pair.

"Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person

• DFTBADFTBA Posts: 30
    DFTBA said:
    I play viola
    Me too. I'm always surprised when I run into people who play because it's not that common an instrument.

I'm Nat though. I'm 22, from Wisconsin, and currently taking time off from school due to broke-ness.
    Hello other violist! There are now three of us here so far, which is really surprising, since I very rarely meet other violists. (Other than at orchestra events, obviously.)
  • 你好! Hello, my name is Marisa and I'm from West Virginia. The first thing I typed is hello in Chinese (I've studied Chinese for 4 years and visited China this part summer). 

I love to read. My early teens were filled with books about magic and fantasy but my late teens seems to show a growing appreciation for classics (recently read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man [James Joyce] and Catcher in the Rye [J.D. Salinger]).  

I love youtubers and my favourite youtubers would be the vlogbrothers, Philip DeFranco, and ZeFrank. 

Current favourite show is Babylon 5. 

I would love to make new, nerdfighting friends so feel free to message me :)
  • nrednred Posts: 3
    LaMia said:
    Hey, I'm LaMia (my name is actually Tjaša) and I'm from Slovenia and I'm really into reading... (and Doctor Who and amigurumi and anatomy (sometimes both at the same time... I'll post a picture of anatomically correct crochet heart I made someday) and rewatching Firefly episodes over and over). But mostlly reading :D. I study medicine (2nd year), and am realy into Project VIRUS (its a HIV/Aids related project + safe sex + other STIs, we do stuff for 1st of december, we do workshops in high schools etc.)
    And I am realy happy to be here so early, because I would get intimidated if this was allready a full blown nerdfighter forum, and wouldn't join (I'm a nerdfighter of two years (I know, only) and it's the first time I am really getting interactivelly involved :D)
    Oh and pardon any horrendous spelling, it's gonna (be) happen(ing), if it hasn't already (I have no problem with speaking in english but spelling... not my strong suit :D)
    wow, an anatomically correct heart? crocheted? that's amazing! I really love to crochet, but i'm just a beginner.

and don't worry, your spelling is fine :)
  • echoecho Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    We are really going to have to set up a special Violists forum, aren't we?
    Former enigma, professional echo.
  • @bexinterrobang It's a very common phrase from what I can tell, usually it's used in reference to groups like the atheist community where individualism is a real big thing.

Not so sure this is the place for the formation of secret societies... but if it is, we would indeed need to find more non-tea-drinking Britishers!
    Benjamin D. Brooks
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
  • HowWeGotAntsHowWeGotAnts Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Y'ullo. I'm Deven. I should actually be working right now. If Anonymous Government Agency knew that I was using my computer for nerdfighting . . . The consequences could be dire! Or not. Probably not.
  • RaeRae Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭
    hello =) my name is Rae, i'm american, i love doctor who, harry potter, italian food, youtube videos, and acting (though i prefer screen to stage). i don't think i've ever actually had tea, but i love hot chocolate! close enough, right?  

yea, not sure what else to say, anybody want some pizza?

*hands out slices of pizza*
  • randirethrandireth Posts: 16
    Ehh...ok... Hi there! I'm Bea and I'm generally not good at these internet community things (unless it's to discuss LoTR or ASoIaF). I'm from Sweden and I study physics (especially astrophysics) at university. I read a lot, and I'm probably far more interested in politics than i should be (for the sake of my own mental health), but don't worry, I only pester my little sister and my father with my political lectures... :)
  • CellistPondCellistPond Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    I'm Amy!
    I'm american, lived in the same state m entire life but love to travel and read and go places and do things
    You know, despite being an extreme introvert 80% of the time

Right now I'm just nannying but will hopefully have money to go back to community college soon (I'm 22)
    Uhm
    I have cats.
    I like Doctor Who
    I play cello
    Oh look! A wild signature!
    If I'm not posting here, I might be tweeting
    or sleeping or working
  • Hi, I'm Kristin, from Chicago! I'm very recent to Nerdfighteria, not quite a year, but I delved in head-first! I have a Tumblr, tardis-at-hogwarts.tumblr.com, so let me know if you follow me there because of this forum! :) I also really love Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Community, Broadway musicals, Mumford and Sons, and stuff
    @bexinterrobang It's a very common phrase from what I can tell, usually it's used in reference to groups like the atheist community where individualism is a real big thing.

Not so sure this is the place for the formation of secret societies... but if it is, we would indeed need to find more non-tea-drinking Britishers!
    Well, there you go. I did not know this. 

It'd be secret from the rest of the world? And yes. CALLING ALL NON-TEA-DRINKING BRITISH PEOPLE.

• writerwriter Posts: 13
    Hi all :)
    I am Ana, 23, I live in South-Eastern part of Europe, more precisely Serbia, but I really hope to move to my boyfriend's in England in couple of years. I need to finish Uni first though, I'm studying biology. I love magic! I love Harry Potter and other fantasy books, scifi and steampunk as well... I listen to different music genres, but my favourite is power metal (Nightwish, Hamerfall, etc.) I love Latin language and languages in general. I love writing and creating, although I must admit I'm incredible procrastinator. I enjoy playing board games, card games and MMORPGs too (Guild Wars is my fav!). And OF COURSE I'm addicted to YouTube! :D
    That's enough for now, I think, if you're interested in more, be sure to befriend me, I love making new friends from all over the world! DFTBA! 
  • AmaiaAmaia Posts: 23
    Hello,I'm Amaia. I'm from Spain, actually from the Basque Country. 
    I like coffee and tea.

I love reading and writhing, though I don't think I do it specially well. I also watch lots of YouTube videos, I play the guitar and I'm learning to play the piano.

And yeah, I'd love to have a trip on a TARDIS.

I think that's all, nice to meet you :)
  • ninjaestherninjaesther Posts: 12
    Hello all, i'm Esther and i'm from England :D I don't like tea though :((
    I'm learning to play the ukelele :D 
  • onnysauronnysaur Posts: 10
    yo i'm honor
    i'm from england and not really a very active nerdfighter?? like i watch the videos and i like the stuff just i don't really advertise my nerdfightery-ness all over everything like some people do, but i would still like to think i was welcome here
    also i have cool friends. yeah. 
    talk to me bbz
    meow
  • undumbblondeundumbblonde CanadaPosts: 555 ✭✭✭
    Hello there!

I am Karen but I guess I should introduce myself as Undumbblonde.

I like blue, foxes, mashed potatoes, reading, running and ice cream.
  • Hello all, i'm Esther and i'm from England :D I don't like tea though :((
    Another one! Good to meet you Esther, you should join @bexinterrobang and me in our secret English-non-tea-drinkers society!
    Benjamin D. Brooks
  • Jess570Jess570 Posts: 15
    Hello! I'm Jess, I live in Britain and am currently studying Biology at University. I have never commented on any forums before but thought this looked pretty fun :)
    I will have chocolate digestives and sugar in my tea please 
  • KieranDKieranD Posts: 3
    Hi! My name should be somewhere to the left of these words, and I'm from the UK and really bad at keeping up with forums so I hope I don't forget to visit this one because I'm sure it'll be full of cool people and man this is a long sentence I should probably stop it soon.
  • ninjaestherninjaesther Posts: 12
    Hello all, i'm Esther and i'm from England :D I don't like tea though :((
    Another one! Good to meet you Esther, you should join @bexinterrobang and me in our secret English-non-tea-drinkers society!
    Yay, i'd love to :D HAPPY DANCE.
  • RosiannaRosianna London, UKPosts: 5
    Hello everyone! I'm Rosianna and I like radiators.
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,830 Admin
    Hey everyone! My name is Mike, and I'm a Ph.D. student in environmental science / statistics (after earning two master's degrees in math and statistics). I'm a pretty new nerdfighter, but I've been voraciously watching hours of vlogbrothers, scishow, and crashcourse videos.

Also, I'd just like to say that Henry is super adorable and needs to be in more videos.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • sekvbsekvb Posts: 1
    Hi, hello! I'm Sarah, I'm from Massachusetts. I have no idea what's going on here, BUT I'M EXCITED!!!

I like poetry, color organizing things, creative journals, Harry Potter (I'm in slytherin & proud) and The Beatles are my favorite. 

While I enjoy a cup of tea to relax every now and then, my heart belongs to coffee.
  • megaminxwinmegaminxwin Posts: 29
    HELLO ALL

I'm Mega (not actually my real name but you probably guessed that by now), I'm 15 from Australia, and I like doing things. Various things. Unfortunately I never actually get around to finishing them but OH WELL.
    HELLO :D