Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• cheezopathcheezopath Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    I like tea, but don't hold it against me! Edward from London here.
    "I kill with my heart, PIZZZAA."
  • @bexinterrobang, @hannahvalerie and @ninjaesther... and then there were four.

Looks like we'll be needing our own forum discussion soon... where should it go though?
    Benjamin D. Brooks
    Geologist, Palaeontologist and part-time geek in other arenas
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
    Profile | Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | NaNoWriMo
  • bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    @bexinterrobang, @hannahvalerie and @ninjaesther... and then there were four.

Looks like we'll be needing our own forum discussion soon... where should it go though?
    HANNAH HELLO. (I know this person.) Um. Not sure. Another one in General Discussion?

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• icapantsicapants Posts: 18
    I'm ica (short for Jessica), and I'm from Seattle. I'm currently working on my BA in Asian Studies - specifically, Japan. I'm a big fan of British television and indie rock, and spend far too much time on tumblr reblogging (and occasionally making) gifs. 

Hello Nerdfighteria!
  • eltrut35eltrut35 Posts: 11
    Hi I'm eltrut35, and I currently live in PA. I'm in 12th grade, so I am in the midst of college apps (woot). I love YouTube of course, books, TV shows, and science. I play the violin and piano. My favorite thing I participate in at school is Science Olympiad. Any Science Olympians out there?

I am a relatively new nerdfighter (Feb. 2012, but I have watched all Vlogbrothers videos, so I feel well acquainted with Nerdfighteria), so this is my first time on a forum of any sort. I am so excited for this!
  • LaMiaLaMia Posts: 4
    nred said: I really love to crochet, but i'm just a beginner.
    Honestly, It was not skill... I decided to make it for friends birthday and I wasn't going to stop when I found out I'm in over my head and I sort of powered trough and improvised... It was actually my first biggish project (but I'm super proud of it :) )
  • undumbblondeundumbblonde CanadaPosts: 555 ✭✭✭
    gnaist said:
    Also, I'd just like to say that Henry is super adorable and needs to be in more videos.
    SECONDED
  • EliseElise Posts: 6
    DFTBA said:
    DFTBA said:  YOU ARE A VIOLIST LET ME LOVE YOU! *hugs back* Violas are pretty much the best. :) I originally started because I was going to play violin but my orchestra had no violas. I'm glad I did, because now I love it.
    I think part of the reason I love it so much is the people in my section :) We had something called "Viola Candy Thursdays", where someone in the section would bring candy for all the violists every thursday. None of the other sections did :P  but yeah. i much enjoy not needing to shift as much, and not playing so freakin high, like the violins do!
    I definitely prefer the low notes to the super-high violin ones. Also, your section sounds fantastic. My section ('cause in high school there are actually other violists!) is like a little (dysfunctional) family. Sometimes we switch seats and names just for fun. Our director is not always amused.
    Hello! My name is Elise and I'm from Sweden. First of all I'd like to tell you that super-high violin notes are super-awesome! So are the low viola-notes, though. I love listening to music, playing music and writing music. Someday I might have the courage to actually let someone hear it. I play the violin, piano and I just started playing the cello which so far has been really fun although my technique is quite terrible. It's just...upside down. I am currently working as a violin teacher.

I also love books and films and cats and Buffy,Firefly, anything Joss Whedon really, Harry Potter (of course), videogames, and all the nostalgia I feel from Pokémon and other things I'm probably too old to still like. I've never seen Doctor Who (don't shoot me).

I usually don't post in forums, I just lurk around. I think this is actually the first forum I've ever posted in.
  • MiaWolfie90MiaWolfie90 Posts: 1
    Hi all!! I am Mia, or Maria, whichever you prefer. I like watching my little pony friendship is magic, animaniacs, and The Guild. I enjoy attending plays and musicals whenever I have the chance, which currently is just watching what is produced and played by my College that I am attending. I like producing artwork, mostly pencil sketches or inked drawings, I also dabble in ceramics. I am also a fan of tea.
  • Jess570Jess570 Posts: 15
    @icapants that's a really interesting nickname for Jessica, I've never heard that one before!
  • Hey everyone! My name is Jordan. I'm 19, I reside in FL, I'm currently getting my AA at community college because committing to things/the future scares me, and I find immense joy in reading, writing, painting, watching too much TV, blogging, and starting things that I never actually end up finishing. 
    Also, I'm a huge fan of tea so everyone who doesn't like it, send your cup my way. :P
  • onnysauronnysaur Posts: 10
    Rosianna said:
    Hello everyone! I'm Rosianna and I like radiators.
    hello rosianna
    i like feet
    meow
  • @bexinterrobang, @hannahvalerie and @ninjaesther... and then there were four.

HANNAH HELLO. (I know this person.) Um. Not sure. Another one in General Discussion?
    Bex!  :)  And General Discussion sounds good to me.
    Thy will's be done: http://nerdfighteria.vanillaforums.com/discussion/81/the-secret-british-non-tea-drinking-society
    Benjamin D. Brooks
    Geologist, Palaeontologist and part-time geek in other arenas
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society.
    Profile | Blog | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | NaNoWriMo
  • GigiGigi Posts: 58
    I'm Gigi! I'm a Cal student planning to someday become a librarian. I dabble in music, I love foreign languages, and I'm kind of new to all of this. Also I love cats. Cats are pretty much the best.

• evanna11evanna11 Posts: 82
    Hi, I'm Carolien. I'm from from the Netherlands, and I like reading and photography and movies and tv shows and lots of other things :). I'm also pretty interested in linguistics, and I like tea :P.

Also, hi @Timo :)

baby, it's cold outside 
    ..hello there :)
  • 143books143books Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Hi Sarah from Baltimore!
  • sherlocksherlock Posts: 27
    Hi. I'm Lizzy. I'm sixteen, from Massachusetts. Basically I spend all my free time reading books and watching Doctor Who, Sherlock, Glee, and Supernatural. I play the double bass and the viola. And since tea seems to be a reoccuring theme in this thread, I feel like I should say that I basically live off it, especially when I need to write papers at two o'clock in the morning. Also, I'm really shy. So writing in forums is a big thing for me. Reinventing myself and stuff. New site, new pants, new beginnings. :) So hi.
    "Some people care too much. I think it's called love." - A.A. Milne
  • KaessirAddajKaessirAddaj Xalapa, Veracruz, MexicoPosts: 39
    Hi, I'm Josh (or Kaessir)! I'm a relatively new Nerdfighter from Mexico.
    I'm a proud Slytherin, I like D&D, videogames, movies, reading and music.

I've never been one to get into forums (this is the only real forum I've been in), but I love Nerdfighteria, and thought I should get in.
    So, anything you need, I'm at your service!

Also, I've never had tea (the british way), but I'd love a cup.

Forsooth! I concot an elixir of courage!
  • echoecho Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm Josh (or Kaessir)! I'm a relatively new Nerdfighter from Mexico.
    I'm a proud Slytherin, I like D&D, videogames, movies, reading and music.

I've never been one to get into forums (this is the only real forum I've been in), but I love Nerdfighteria, and thought I should get in.
    So, anything you need, I'm at your service!

Also, I've never had tea (the british way), but I'd love a cup.
    Slytherin, D&D, games, reading...yeah, we can be friends. Milk with your tea? Sugar?
    Former enigma, professional echo.
  • SillyebSillyeb Posts: 9
    So many people

Is herbal tea available? 
  • QLCQLC Posts: 53
    Hello
    I am from the north of England, where everything is brilliant and nobody is scary. Especially not me.
    I drink tea. I once liked Doctor Who. 
    I am 18 years old.  Books and cake are my favourite things.
  • rizadatuonrizadatuon Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm Riza from the Philippines!! (I guess I'm the only asian here??) I love food and my bed! I'm 16 but I think like an 18 year old :(  Hahaha halloooooo hallooooo any Filipinos out there? :D
    Twitter: rizadatuon // Tumblr: thegr-eat-perhaps
    dftba!! <3
  • MariaMaria Posts: 21

Hello Nerdfighteria! *rocking back and forth trying to come up with the right things to say (whatever that is)*

I'm Maria and I'm prone to overthinking. I'm an adult nerdfighter (mature age of 25) who loves reading (contemporary YA mostly), american TV (well, not all of it obv), popcorn (salt, not butter) and parentheses.

I tend to forget to be awesome so I'm counting on you guys to remind me and will do my best to do the same for you. Looking forward to interesting discussions here in the pants! 

• echoecho Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Sillyeb said:
    So many people

Is herbal tea available? 
    There are quite a scary amount of us, eh? No worries, I'm sure we'll all settle down and get used to it. Let me see, I have...blueberry, raspberry, gingseng, sleepy time, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with lemon and honey, liver disaster, ginger with honey, ginger without honey, vanilla almond, white truffle, blueberry chamomile, vanilla walnut, constant comment and...Earl Grey.
    Former enigma, professional echo.
  • JoshuaJoshua USAPosts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I'm Joshua. I'm Southwest of Chicago. Born in February 1990.
    I've been using computers since 1998. I like computers and gaming.
    I've been messing about with Linux servers since about February 2010.
    On Forums I'm more of a lurker. I really like instant chat, most notably IRC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat)
    We have a 1 1/2 year old yorkie here at home.
    I don't have friends because I'm shy / I have a social anxiety disorder called Asperger's Syndrome.
    I like social media (profile links are in my signature -- *cough* self promotion)
    If I get a laptop for Christmas (and a 1.5TB or 2TB external hard drive) I will be starting my own YouTube Gaming channel. And at some point I would like to start a vlogging channel but I don't have a camera (hoping I get an android smartphone for my birthday because I need a new phone anyway that isn't a piece of PIZZZAA. I mean for god sake...my 17 year old brother has a smartphone before I do. I'm the one who is more tech savvy!!!!)
    I play Minecraft.
    Finally, if I ever get the money I really want to get a couple servers and re-create the Nerdfighteria chat that I started on February 12 2011. 
  • QLCQLC Posts: 53
    edited November 2012
    echo said:
    Sillyeb said:
    So many people

Is herbal tea available? 
    "There are quite a scary amount of us, eh? No worries, I'm sure we'll all settle down and get used to it. Let me see, I have...blueberry, raspberry, gingseng, sleepy time, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with lemon and honey, liver disaster, ginger with honey, ginger without honey, vanilla almond, white truffle, blueberry chamomile, vanilla walnut, constant comment and...Earl Grey."

Ah, saving the best tea suggestion until last I see. Picard approves of this ;) Also, liver disaster. Is that a tea bag soaked in vodka? 
    edit: Gah the quote maker isn't working

by QLC
  • camiquincamiquin Posts: 9
    Hi everyone I'm Camila, 21, Ravenclaw, born and raised Colombian and going to university in the US. When I have free time (which let's be honest- for a double major person is basically never) I spend it on Netflix and reading whatever I can find. I love tea, as most people have said, but being Colombian coffee basically runs in my blood. I've never been active in any forums but I hope that will change here :)
  • KaessirAddajKaessirAddaj Xalapa, Veracruz, MexicoPosts: 39
    edited November 2012
    echo said:
    Let me see, I have...blueberry, raspberry, gingseng, sleepy time, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with lemon and honey, liver disaster, ginger with honey, ginger without honey, vanilla almond, white truffle, blueberry chamomile, vanilla walnut, constant comment and...Earl Grey.
    I think I'll have Sleepy-Time.
    :)
    by KaessirAddaj

Forsooth! I concot an elixir of courage!
  • MimiMimi Posts: 10
    Mimi, from Oita. I'm shop staff in the day and I am doing NaNoWriMo. I play too much Minecraft and spend a lot of time on Youtube and Pigg games. I'm not so exciting I think.
    "Ninja is supreme and you have double crossed it!"
  • briandrebriandre Posts: 21
    Hiiii! I'm Brittany and I live in Indianapolis. I go to the IU School of Education for secondary English education. I'm a vegetarian, a feminist, and a cat lover.
    It's nice to meet you all :)
    “Thomas Edison's last words were 
    'It's very beautiful over there.' 
    I don't know where there is, 
    but I believe it's somewhere, 
    and I hope it's beautiful.”