Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• DannoDanno IowaPosts: 101 ✭✭

my goodness there has been a large flood of nerdfighters!

i know, right
  • BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,560 ✭✭✭
    @sackclothandaisies I find it quite exciting! I hope they all stick around! I'd love to see Our Pants have more activity!

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    GOODREADS     TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM    ANOBII

• beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 621 ✭✭✭

my goodness there has been a large flood of nerdfighters!
    @Rensky @samanatea @MikeAaronohno welcome

This makes me so happy XD
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • foxboyprowerfoxboyprower midwest united states of americaPosts: 3
    I'm new here as well. I've watch vlogbrothers for years but I almost never left comments because I was too shy. And while I've gotten the courage to leave comments, making videos on youtube is still out of the question. So I was hoping joining this place would allow me to be an active member of the nerdfighter community.
    welcome @foxboyprower
    also... life, and fandom is a process for all of us.
    @foxboyprower welcome! I was a closet nerdfighter for a few years and didn't comment on videos or otherwise participate in the community until I joined our pants. I've made a bunch of friends here, so I know you will too!

@Danno @BriRose23
    That's good to know. Thanks. =)
    @foxboyprower you don't have to make videos to be a nerdfighter, I don't like making videos and I like to think of myself as a huge nerdfighter.

@foxboyprower you don't have to make videos to be a nerdfighter, I don't like making videos and I like to think of myself as a huge nerdfighter.

this is true! I don't make videos. I tried and it was terrible.

@beepbop1011 @BriRose23
    That's good to know. I guess it'd be best to start talking in the general discussion now.
    @foxboyprower that seems to be where most of the activity is these days!

• MikeAaronohnoMikeAaronohno Posts: 59
    @sackclothandaisies Thank you, glad to be here.
  • om2520om2520 Posts: 2
    I'm Omkar from Mumbai, India
    I'm a doctor by education, a banker by profession and a photographer by heart...

I have been following vlogbrothers YouTube channel for a couple of years now... Plus Crash Course and SciShow are just awesome...
    Hurrah, another Indian!
    @om2520 Welcome, Omkar! It sounds like you have an interesting set of skills. I hope you have a good time here!

indeed welcome @om2520
  • beyondtheskybeyondthesky Posts: 13
    I'm Jessica, a bunch of things, jack of all trades, bachelor of one. My hobbies would include such wonderful things as losing myself in games or anime, flute, cooking, and not dying (does that really count as a hobby? I guess its just a side effect of chronic illness...)
    welcome @beyondthesky how are you finding the forums?
  • beyondtheskybeyondthesky Posts: 13
    Well, I am surprised with the pace, I would have expected it to be a little faster paced given the large audience in general. I guess forums don't have the draw they did 10 years ago though, or so I'm told. Still trying to figure out how I'll use my account, as I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Well, I am surprised with the pace, I would have expected it to be a little faster paced given the large audience in general. I guess forums don't have the draw they did 10 years ago though, or so I'm told. Still trying to figure out how I'll use my account, as I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

yeah, i can relate to all of that
  • physicsnerdphysicsnerd Posts: 2
    hello

I am physicsnerd. I am a nerd who likes physics (creative, eh?), coding (notice this Oxford comma - it's important), and math. For those of you who also like coding, you should know that Python is the only way. Ever. No exceptions. Except maybe for Lisp, because it's just so darn freaky! Oh, and Star Wars is awesome. Forget that, you must not. In fact, you can know that I have Star Wars socks (so now I can say "judge me by my socks, do you?") and a lightsaber (not made of plasma, just plastic - I'm waiting for the updated version).

I am, actually, in middle school. Bleh. I do have friends though (wonder of wonders!) which is a good thing. Hmm, anything else (this is getting kind of long, better end soon) - ooh, quantum computing is amazing! And so is molecular computing! I'm reading about both. Oh, and I also live in Iowa in the U.S. of A in Des Moines (which, as I and many others like to joke, is french for The Moines) and I want to go to Iowa State when I grow older so - yeah (have you noticed I like parentheses yet? maybe I'll try to work a parenthesis within a parenthesis, because that would just be awesome).

So, thanks for asking. (Sorry that was long (I have a lot of interests if you couldn't tell (hah, double parenthesis! (well, actually, quadruple parenthesis now...))))

- physicsnerd
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭
    @physicsnerd Welcome and stuff. Don't forget to learn the difference between opinion and verifiable fact.
    ps. I'm surprised python is still around. I don't know it myself, but I do know that most good things I like are built on C++

• SumitRTSumitRT Posts: 3
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Sumit and I am from Kathmandu, Nepal.
    I like Pokemon but haven't watched all of the series.
    I'm a nostalgic person. I often remember the old happy days and reminisce .
    I like to go back to the childhood days because it was a much simpler time and a more innocent time.
    I have a few bad habits but I am trying my best to change and start anew.
    Hopefully we can be friends and grow, blossom a beautiful friendship.

I used to watch Hank and John on vlogbrothers as well as the other related channels. But haven't seen it in a while. I've read 'the fault in our stars'.
    I know I may be detrimental to myself but I want to come out of the spiral and move forward in a positive way if it is possible.
  • SumitRTSumitRT Posts: 3
    echo said:

DFTBA said:

Hi there! I'm an American who had to google digestive biscuits to find out what they are. Chocolate please. :) I have through some twist of fate been able to acquire the username DFTBA, but you can also call me Marianna, as that is my name. I play viola and a little bit of guitar, read all the time, and race sailboats.

Oh, good job on the name grab! You can have TWO biscuits.

Hi!
    @SumitRT hello and welcome! I know there are several pokemon fans here! If you stick around and talk to a bunch of people you will definitely make some friends! I hope to see you around the forum!

• NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭
    Welcome @SumitRT
    I too am trying to become a better person (think this applies to most of us) with some degree of success.
    Before I found the vlogbrothers channel I believed there wasn't enough pizza to go around. I do now, and spend money on charity and mind the environment more.
    If you spend some time watching them again, it may help you reach your goals too.
    P.s the world is more complicated. The internet and global news made sure of that. I'm sort of glad I grew up before all of that.

Welcome @SumitRT

I too am trying to become a better person (think this applies to most of us) with some degree of success.

i hear that... well... not literally, but yeah, it's a good place to be for all of us works-in-progress
  • FloofyMouseFloofyMouse Posts: 1
    Hi all

First time poster, life-long nerdfighter :D

Man, it feels so good to find a community where nerdiness is celebrated!

I live in the UK near London.

*waves*
    @FloofyMouse hello and welcome!