Hello! (Introductions)

1454647484951»

Comments

• savindafishiessavindafishies Massachusetts, USAPosts: 10
    Thanks @Danno glad to see people active in the forum
    "Mankind's moral sense is not a strong beacon light, radiating outward to illuminate in sharp outline all that it touches. It is, rather, a small candle flame, casting vague and multiple shadows, flickering and sputtering in the strong winds of power and passion, greed and ideology. But brought close to the heart and cupped in one's hands, it dispels the darkness and warms the soul."
    -James Q. Wilson
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 611 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've been away for quite some time. Awesome to see so many new! Welcome!
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • AdamTheAlienAdamTheAlien Canby, Oregon/Tacoma, WashingtonPosts: 36 ✭✭
    I've been away from the forums long enough, and even mostly detached from the community long enough, that I think a re-introduction might be a good idea.

My name is Adam. I've been a Nerdfighter since 2007, but I never quite delved into this forum very much after previous forum deaths.

I've found myself missing Nerdfighteria lately, especially after running into a few new Nerdfighter friends. I've also found myself missing forums, as most forum communities that shaped me have died or dwindled over the years. I'm a bit sad to see that this place seems a bit of a ghost town, compared to what I was hoping to return to.

But I won't let that stop me from spending time here, I hope, and I know it won't stop me from forging some new connections. And maybe we can keep this place from suffering the fate of far too many solid forums, and keep it alive! Nice to meet, or re-meet, you all!
    - Adam J. Manley
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back.
    I think forums aren't comming back in style. Too much has been taken over by facebook groups and reddit.

• BriRose23BriRose23 MarylandPosts: 1,586 ✭✭✭
    @AdamTheAlien Welcome back! This place is definitely slowing down, but there are still a few fairly active threads.

There is no darkness as dark as great light corrupted - Lauren Kate

TUMBLR    NERDY TUMBLR    GOODREADS    TWITTER    FACEBOOK    INSTAGRAM

• AdamTheAlienAdamTheAlien Canby, Oregon/Tacoma, WashingtonPosts: 36 ✭✭

Welcome back.

I think forums aren't comming back in style. Too much has been taken over by facebook groups and reddit.

That's disappointing, as I'm seeking to minimize the effect of both on my life. Reddit's all right, but flawed in some ways and otherwise not dissimilar to a forum while also being a larger target for less-than-awesome people. Facebook is increasingly awful, and I often think I'd get rid of it if it hadn't successfully made itself so insufferably necessary.
    - Adam J. Manley
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭

That's disappointing, as I'm seeking to minimize the effect of both on my life. Reddit's all right, but flawed in some ways and otherwise not dissimilar to a forum while also being a larger target for less-than-awesome people. Facebook is increasingly awful, and I often think I'd get rid of it if it hadn't successfully made itself so insufferably necessary.

I can't really comment much on this. I've decided not to have facebook years ago, and I strongly dislike reddit's design (and therefore don't use it if can be helped). But that doesn't change the fact that they have a lot of users, and thus compete with forums for the attention and time of those users.