Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• Hello! I'm Hannah. I'm from the state of Georgia. I love photography, graphic design, and other creative things like knitting and sewing. I'm a high school student currently taking all Honors and AP classes and therefore have no social life whatsoever. In fact, I should be writing a comparative religions essay right now, but I think this is way more fun!
  • Hi I'm Sarah
    I'm from Sydney, Australia currently working at Walt Disney World.
    I love books so much that I hope to one day publish them or write one of my own.
    Still looking for a story though.
  • Hi! I'm Skye, living in NSW, Australia. I just finished my first year of my secondary teaching/arts degree and I have a bad habit of buying books I won't read for months. It goes without saying that reading and writing takes up a huge chunk of my time outside of university. 

I also cheat when playing Monopoly and do so without remorse. 
    I can resist everything except temptation. - Lord Darlington, Lady Windermere's Fan.
  • unfollowerunfollower Posts: 5
    I'm Tori, I'm 17 years old and live in Georgia

I like Supernatural, Sherlock, reading, Homestuck, and lots of other things. I've just started getting into vlogbrothers and nerdfighteria stuff so hopefully I can meet some cool people, etc u_u
  • NickNick Posts: 4
    Hello, I'm Nick
    I live in Wisconsin, i like stuff... and things... oh, and Doctor Who, Doctor Who's cool
    and i drink Pepsi
  • Rachel221BRachel221B Posts: 6
    Hi, Rachel is my name. I love stories and words and science, and apparently run-on sentences. And art. (And parentheticals. And sentence fragments as well? I ought to be ashamed.) Despite the evidence presented before you here, I'm actually in love with English, grammar, literature, language, et cetera. I'm pro-Oxford comma. Other things I enjoy include community events and organizing teams, exploring culinary opportunities, and making my entire introduction sound like a resume. I apologize for the stiff formality, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of awesome abounding in Our Pants.
  • AkitoAkito Posts: 2
    Hello, I'm Akito. I enjoy reading and writing, and I'm too opinionated for my own good. 
    Languages and music are what I explore in my free time, and I love Japanese music the most. Also Tumblr. Tumblr is kind of a big one.
    I procrastinate more than the average person; I'm currently supposed to be writing my NaNoWriMo novel, but oh well.

• MandichuMandichu BrazilPosts: 22 ✭✭
    Hey there! I'm Amanda (or Mandy or Mandichu). I'm from Brazil, I like to read and I really like Firefly. I'm not very into tea, but I think it's better than coffee. I never refuse ice-cream, even when it's cold and the best way to get to my heart is by offering food! LOL

I'm very glad to meet you all! 

Best wishes and don't ever FTBA.
    KEEP ADVENTURING & STAY NOT GROWN UP.
  • Hey all! I'm an American Nerdfighter living in one of the grand ol' states that just passed gay marriage! (Yippee!)
    My name's Casey, and I'm a peskatarian. I love to write and read and draw and play the piano and basically anything else that requires creativity. I recently became obsessed with tardigrades (thanks, Hank) and am currently working on a piece for my art class that incorporates both the TARDIS and anglerfish. 
    My favorite color is yellow because it is sunshiny and looks terrible on almost anyone. I love pasta (pastaaaaaaaaaa!) and skiing and sleeping. I am a total Whovian; I love Harry Potter; and I enjoy sucking horribly at Super Mario Bros. Wii (so bad at game).
    Favorite things on youtube are the Lizzie Bennet Diaries and, of course, vlogbrothers (andMichaelAranda (don'tknowwhyhe'sinparenthesis)). 
    Anyhoooooo, hi! And DFTBA.
    “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” ~Dr. Seuss
    “I've been running. Faster than I've ever run. And I've been running my whole life. Now it's time for me to stop.” ~The Eleventh Doctor
    “The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
    ~Douglas Adams
  • StarSprayStarSpray Posts: 2
    Hello! I'm Mychael, from Pennsylvania in the US, studying English in college. I love Tolkien, Harry Potter, chocolate chip cookies, scented candles, and daydreaming.
    May the wind beneath your wings bear you where the Sun sails and the Moon walks!
  • bluejaybluejay Posts: 14
    Hello! I'm JP (or Bluejay is fine!). I live in Milwaukee, work as an editorial assistant for a special interest magazine, and spend way too much time on tumblr. I'm also a fan of literary analysis, Mountain Dew, home design, and cooking. My favorite punctuation mark is the semicolon.
  • Hello, I'm Joi I love art, 2D animation, coffee, video making, Tea, sports, video games (I don't have a console but they still look fun), reading, makeup art, nail art, movie behind the scenes, crafts, archery, swordsmanship, dance, MUSIC (what sustains me even more then coffee), and many more things 'n stuff :)
  • bahgelbahgel Posts: 3
    Hi! I'm Grace, and I'm from Pennsylvania. I'm obsessed with all kinds of music and I read lots of books and I am very excited to hang out with you guys in our pants.
  • dmlandrumdmlandrum Posts: 15
    Hello! I'm Darren, and I think I've been a Nerdfighter all my life without really knowing it. I try to do awesome things with my time, anyway.

For the boring stuff, I'm an electrical engineering student, and currently work as an IT admin at a local (Port Huron, Michigan) manufacturing firm. I have too many cats. I like hot wings. I'm 36 years old. I wonder if I bump the curve a bit there.

The fun stuff: I'm releasing my first album soon, which features music made with homemade musical instruments and found sounds turned into instruments. To that end, I also make my own musical instruments and effects. I'm currently doing NaNoWriMo and writing an epic fantasy novel. I've been kicking around ideas for a science fiction web series that I'll probably get to writing after November's finally over. I also like to make videos, but haven't done so in over a year.

I'm always happy to discuss my projects, but I try not to talk about myself too much.

Nice to meet you.
  • oliviaolivia Posts: 13
    Hi there! I'm Olivia, from Brazil. c: I have no idea how to properly introduce myself dklsajdldjlas

• Hey, I'm Anthony, although I've mostly been Tony all my life because I'm named after my dad. Live in NJ, and am currently attending Rowan University as a Computer Science major. I've been a gamer most of my life, because I was given a Sega Genesis when I was 5. I was a bit after its time, and always wanted to get a Nintendo 64, but played my Genesis for hours all the same. Not too long after that we got a computer, and I was given a Game Boy Color (but I really don't remember the details now) and I was always technologically savvy. I really enjoy music, and have played piano and guitar for a few years.
  • IgorIgor Posts: 112 ✭✭
    Sup, you guys? My name is Igor, as you can probably tell by the name on user info the doobly doo  :P

I'm 23 and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm currently pursuing a career as a mad-scientist's assistant, which I've been told can be very exciting, with all the grave robbing and lever-pulling and switch-pressing. But that's my night job. During the day, I'm an ordinary college student majoring in Journalism. 

Hope we can all get along swimmingly! :)
    Blame it on the stars
  • rodrigorodrigo Posts: 11
    Hi!
    I'm Rodrigo, I'm from Brazil, and I got to know the nerdfighteria by chance, as I was reading a literature blog and saw the nerdfighteria banner on the footer of the site. I was instantly identified with this group and you guys are really, really awesome!

Nice to meet yall, and DFTBA.
    You just watch me run!
  • hpnerd121hpnerd121 Posts: 3
    Hey, I'm Maxine. Yep.
  • WonkaWonka Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm Mike or Wonka, born and raised in New Jersey but I'm in South Florida now.  yeah.  dunno what else to say.
    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
  • phoenix88phoenix88 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 146 ✭✭
    Hey there.  
    I'm Zack, 23, currently in graduate school at WVU in the USA. 
    I'm a general nerd: casual video game player, big fan of dr.who, transformer collector and reviewer and I dabble in writing creative lyrical, freeverse poetry.  I have written a couple short stories, but they're all in various stages of unfinishedness until i have the time to write in them again.  
    Yay nerdfighters! 

*insert witty quote here*
  • ashsayshelloashsayshello AustraliaPosts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm aware that this introduction of mine is most likely to get lost in the void but I CARE NOT.

I'm Ash, I'm 17, and I live in Western Australia where nothing happens and I spend my time either living vicariously through people on the internet or eating mug brownies.

As I am writing this I should be studying for my final high school exams - that's right peasants, I am about to leave the high school life behind. By the 21st of November I will be a free elf, so make sure to get me a sock for the occasion.

I am a fangirl and a dreamer and a world class procrastinator. I've dabbled in many a fandom, but the ones that are closest to my heart are Sherlock, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and Doctor Who. Although there are many, many, many more. A frightening amount. Oh, and I'm always a proud nerdfighter, but that goes without saying ;)

I've realised I've written more than everybody else so I'll stop now. Hopefully it will leave you with a bit of mystery and allure. Oh god, me with allure. That'll be the day.

PEACE OUT OMBRE'S
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizzas in Our Pants." | I live in the land of the Last Ones
  • shaunaaaahshaunaaaah Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Hi I'm Shauna[aaah] I love reading and writing books, and philosophy, and knowledge for it's own sake(which leads to watching a lot of documentaries), and really good TV shows like Firefly and Breaking Bad and Community and Sherlock, and cats, and so on.
    I'm currently a University student in Ottawa, hoping to one day become a writer.

If you're ever looking for a new book to read I have quite a few to suggest, many I found through taking classes like World Literature so they're not necessarily so popular but still amazing. 
  • IronAnimationIronAnimation Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I'm Jasser, I'm 16 and American. I came into Nerdfighteria with the CrashCourse advisement by youtube. I enjoy Animation and Mathematics(at my leisure only).  I love ATLA,Korra, Dr.Horrible, Doctor Who, Young Justice. Currently focused a lot on a school and pushing those back, but vlogbrothers will always sneak in. I miss reading and dislike writing. Currently in Texas!
    by IronAnimation
    Have a pleasant day
  • MonicaFMonicaF Posts: 2
    Hi! :)
    I'm Mônica, I'm 22 years old, I'm currently finishing my first graduation and I live in Brazil. I like music, cats, books, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Dexter, Sherlock, BTVS etc.
    I'm not so good at descriptions and I'm a bit shy even in online forums, but I'll try to participate as much as I can.
    Is really nice to get to know you all.

DFTBA :D
  • corrautorecorrautore Posts: 7
    Hey, all. My name is Michael, but if the name's not "unique" enough for you then you can call me Corr. I live in New York (the boring part, out in Suffolk County ><), and I've been in the same house since I was one month old (I'm 24 right now).
    I like a variety of everything, including The Vlog Brothers (and everything involved with them, like their books and music, which I own all of, I think), watching random TV series, reading, writing, and listening to music. I have big dreams, but I am always scared of things as far as how I'm thought of. It's a big step just to join up to this amazing forum.
    I have a small but caring family that gets on my nerves (but I get on their nerves too), I work at a job I actually like (maintenance/carts in a supermarket), and I am on the computer as much as possible, which isn't healthy, but I have my reasons (like writing books).
    I talk a lot, which is kind of apparent by now, and I always reply to messages, so drop me a message if you like on here and we can have a strange but wonderful chat!
  • ZeterZeter Posts: 1
    I'm Brandon from portland!
  • YuliafonYuliafon Posts: 27
    Hello~ I'm Holly, but just call me Yulia or Yuliafon. I'm 18, live in Queensland, Australia. I have a lot of trouble talking to people online, so I might not post much. I enjoy pretty much anything that falls under the category of arts. I also love videogames; I'd consider myself a relatively hardcore gamer. (You know, when you have (as of last count) over one hundred games in your house, it just happens.) I hope to make some friends here!

DFTBA
  • icapantsicapants Posts: 18
    Jess570 said:
    @icapants that's a really interesting nickname for Jessica, I've never heard that one before!
    Yeah, a friend of mine in a chat room came up with it years ago, because there were three people named Jessica. I like it, it's actually fits me pretty well. 
  • SophiaSophia Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Introduction threads are weird, right? With the influx of people, there's no conversation, just a database of hellos. But I guess it's cool! It's like a catalogue of people, scrolling through it.

Hi there! I'm Sophia. I'm nineteen. I go to the University of Toronto (and live there, yeah) for English lit and Cinema Studies. Still unsure how I feel about careers after school. I'd kind of like to go into queer advocacy or an equity office for undergrads; otherwise I think getting my MA in Cinema Studies could lead to academic opportunities, as it's a blossoming art, you know? Lots of universities are just setting up departments around it.

Ladies and gentlemen, do not be alarmed. Please, remain perfectly still
    What you are about to see is real. The performers are not grinning 
    scarecrows sent here to torture and manipulate you.