Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• Hey there I'm Daniel. I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Generally I like hats, books, writing, and really bad jokes.
  • inwardpluminwardplum Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Hello! I'm Audrianna/Audri/Aud (whichever you prefer), I'm 20 and I'm from Colorado! I'm a broadcast/television production major at the University of Nebraska.

I love books, old films, and the internet.
    DFTBA!

twitter: audridavis
    tumblr: squidkitten - this is an obnoxious fandom blog and for that I am sorry
  • shorttankshorttank Posts: 43
    My name's Erin.  I'm from the 'burbs of Chicago (my hometown is practically unheard of so I always just tell people I'm from the city).  I'm currently in Southern WI for college where I'm studying Math and Japanese. I have no idea what I want to do or can do with a math degree but I suppose I'll figure it out as I go along.

I usually spend most of my time (when I'm not tits deep in school work) on the computer lurking tumblr, reading webcomics like Homestuck and Questionable Content, watching some TV (mostly Doctor Who and Gravity Falls), playing video games and eagerly awaiting the day when I can buy a new laptop so that I can actually play video games without worrying that my graphics chip will spontaneously cumbust; or reading books, because I'm not that interesting, wweh.
  • AmandaAmanda Posts: 2
    I am Amanda, 21, Brazil.

My life is mostly filled with sleepiness, hunger, and my dedication to Harry Potter, a few TV series, Batman and the lovely internet.
    Currently I am a Law student but I am also really fond of anthropology and psicology studies.
    It's been quite a few time since I first learned about the nerdfighteria and it's been really great to meet new people who share the taste for awesomeness!
    I am Vengeance. I am the Night.
  • smugpenguinsmugpenguin Posts: 24
    Hello! My name is Keira. I like fictional characters and ice cream. 
    Moon or quit, man.
  • sterlingsterling FinlandPosts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Hello! I'm Mia. I'm a university student from Finland and currently on the verge of turning 22.
    On my free time (by which I mean the time when I'm procrastinating things I should be doing) I spend a lot of time online, where I keep refreshing my Tumblr dash, watch TV shows, talk to people and do play-by-post role-playing. I'm also fond of artings - I draw and paint a lot digitally.

• neferkhetneferkhet Mountain View, CAPosts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Hi, I'm Michael.  I live in Mountain View, California, and I just graduated from Knox College with a degree in creative writing.  I'm into queer activism, English history, Norse mythology, the sea, books by Terry Pratchett, photography, walking, anything mint chocolate, lists, answering questions, organisation, books of miscellany, bad puns, and watching other people play videogames.
    by neferkhet
    preferred pronouns: anything gender neutral or 'he'
  • MobydickulousMobydickulous Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Hey everyone, I'm Darek from Vermont. I'm an SEO content writer and also work a night shift manufacturing job. I'd call myself an older Nerdfighter being that I'm around John and Hank's age but that doesn't stop me from enjoying geeky activities like video games and juggling in the rare instances of free time this whole adult thing allows. I like the look of this place, hope to see some of you around.

~Darek

It has to be...AND IT IS!!

• rockym93rockym93 Posts: 9
    I'm Rocky. I'm a uni student in Australia. I like video games and long walks on the beach.

I was just poking around and I wasn't going to register right away and then I saw Mia's picture. And I was like, I KNOW THAT PICTURE HI MIA.
    sterling said:
    Hello! I'm Mia. I'm a university student from Finland and currently on the verge of turning 22.
    On my free time (by which I mean the time when I'm procrastinating things I should be doing) I spend a lot of time online, where I keep refreshing my Tumblr dash, watch TV shows, talk to people and do play-by-post role-playing. I'm also fond of artings - I draw and paint a lot digitally.

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible."
    - Walt Disney
  • ZacharySeptimusZacharySeptimus Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Hey there! I go by Zachary or Taylor, and I live in Oregon in the U.S.! 

I love Harry Potter, Star Trek (Voyager), Dr. Who, AtLA, Shakespeare, Virginia Woolf, and lots of other things. Disney. Candy. HoHos. 

I'm a writer, except for when I give up on writing forever, which happens every now and then. I'm not doing a NaNo this year, though, as I'm in my senior year of college and don't have the time, unfortunately...
  • AmyHAmyH Posts: 35
    Hi I'm Amy. I like reading, writing, and traveling :D
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    - Plato (427-347 B.C.)
    "The world is changed by our maps of the world" - John Green
  • sterlingsterling FinlandPosts: 172 ✭✭✭
    rockym93 said:
    I'm Rocky. I'm a uni student in Australia. I like video games and long walks on the beach.

I was just poking around and I wasn't going to register right away and then I saw Mia's picture. And I was like, I KNOW THAT PICTURE HI MIA.
    sterling said:

Eeeexcellent, now I just have to get you over to Tumblr. > : D

• bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    @actuallyjess Can I have a random fact? :D <3 

Also hello everybody! It's so nice to see you all on here. It makes me happy that we've got such a fun and happy community on here :)

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants."

• bexinterrobangbexinterrobang Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    @Rachel221B No need to apologise! It's completely understandable, the awesomeness is practically pouring from my laptop :) Where are you from?

Please @ me when you want to say something to me!
    It's against my religion to hate: ask me about it if you're interested :)
    "Context is everything." -- John Green, vlogbrother and generally awesome person
    The non-tea drinkers... all of the awesome, none of the tea.

• MarcWilkinsonMarcWilkinson Posts: 55
    edited November 2012
    shorttank said:
    My name's Erin.  I'm from the 'burbs of Chicago (my hometown is practically unheard of so I always just tell people I'm from the city).
    Hey! Which unheard of Chicago 'burb? I'm from Ottawa, IL, lived in Chicago, and have spent time in/know people in just about everywhere in between. I do miss the great midwest.

Oh, hey, everyone else! I'm Marc, 23, midwest boy living in Los Angeles, writing screenplays, shooting music videos, painting with my fingers, taking the whole "starving artist" thing very literally. I do a little background acting, I play some music, and I pay the bills by eating candy and watching dinsey movies in working in a video store in West Hollywood. Life!
    by MarcWilkinson
  • Hi!

My name is Hilde and I'm from the Netherlands. I like reading, drawing, history, making music and my Hogwarts House is Hufflepuff.

DFTBA.

'That's why Gryffindors all sing, Weasley is our king!'
    Even though I am a Hufflepuff. Whatever.

DFTBA

• LukeLuke Resident Spam Cleaner DublinPosts: 7,876 Admin
    Hey I'm Luke, 19 and from Ireland. I've been on every pants site since the first incarnation of "Your Pants" and am currently a moderator on the Nerdcrafteria Minecraft server among other things.

So as someone who has been on these forums for a while (and seen the fall of YP and it's subsequent, not so great, rebirth) I hope to see you all around these forums :) (that's not an official statement, just me...obviously)
  • MimiMimi Posts: 10
    Luke said:
    Hey I'm Luke, 19 and from Ireland. I've been on every pants site since the first incarnation of "Your Pants" and am currently a moderator on the Nerdcrafteria Minecraft server among other things.

So as someone who has been on these forums for a while (and seen the fall of YP and it's subsequent, not so great, rebirth) I hope to see you all around these forums :) (that's not an official statement, just me...obviously)
    Nerdfighteria.....Minecraft server? You are my new best friend
    "Ninja is supreme and you have double crossed it!"
  • random_fanrandom_fan Posts: 173
    Hello, I'm Robert, I'm Australian and I love video games, Comics, Books, T.V. and fanfiction.
  • ThiefreeThiefree Posts: 62
    My name's Anna, and I have a guilty confession.

I have been hanging back from getting involved with anything Nerdfighter-related for... well, for years. I couldn't work you guys out. I wasn't sure I understood the definition, and I wondered if I was too old to be part of it. So I hung back, trying to work it out from the outside.

I've since realised that what you guys are, more than anything, is inclusive, and that I can never hope to understand if I don't jump into the fray.

So hello! Here I am! I hope you're nice! You seem nice.
    Eloquence in simplicity. Also, a bunny.
    (\(\
    ( - -)
    ((') (')
  • Wow, HI everyone! My name is Rachelia, and I'm 22, and Canadian, although right now I'm in the UK studying abroad. I am almost done my Honors Undergraduate History degree, and I have a minor in Gender Studies. I also run a book blog, called Bookish Comforts, and I found out about vlogbrothers and nerdfighters last November or so, when a lot of fellow bloggers were squeeling over the upcoming release of The Fault in Our Stars. I'm so happy to have found John and Hank and this amazing community!

As for my interests I love: reading, pugs, tea, crafting, feminism, history, the paranormal, and the following tv shows: Supernatural, Merlin, Once Upon a Time, Flashpoint, Criminal Minds, and a few oldies but goodies: Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, and Everwood.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! :) 
  • XanothXanoth Posts: 29
    Hi, my real name is Ian, I'm from England (North East), I'm 31 and live with my partner of 9 years. We met at university where we were both studying for different master's degrees but met due to both helping to run the university roller hockey team. We have a 5 year old Yorkshire Terrier named George (who just jumped up and sat on my knee, I think he knew I was writing about him again).

Like others that posted in this thread, I've never really got involved in the Nerdfighter community until now. I only discovered it all around February this year. I've always considered myself more of a geek than a nerd, but we seem to have enough in common that I could fit in.

I've always been a big fan of social gaming, I used to play MTG and lots of various roleplaying/games work shop stuff in my teens. As I got older, most gaming friends moved away or turned their back on the interests of their youth in favour of drinking and desperation to define themselves as adults by distancing themselves from anything of their childhood. I always swore to myself to do no such thing, to not be defined by my age or life circumstance. My interests have certainly changed over the years, I moved on to MMOs for my social gaming, made friends from around the world, some of which have lasted years after we stopped playing the same games. I'm not currently playing any MMO (GW2 a little but my interest waned and I mostly just log in for social reasons, not so much game ones), so I'm spending most of my free time on youtube, online education sites/resources etc.

Always enjoyed fantasy and sci-fi, the more serious the better, I have a very critical mind that I can't shut off even when I want to, some the light hearted or unbelievable sci-fi/fantasy doesn't sit well with me even if I can appreciate why others enjoy it, I just can't (sorry Harry Potter fans, I was too old to be interested when it first came out, I know many of you grew up with it and have been similar ages to various characters). I love psychological settings/aspects in any setting, even modern/historic, especially if it has a Lovecraftian twist. I've not read much in recent years, slowly getting through Tad William's newest series and a few other smaller e-books as well as trying to face more serious literature such as Thomas Paine and Machiavelli among others.

I'll call it quits as this is already longer than I wanted. I look forward to getting to many of you a little better through these forums.

Despite this lengthy post, I'm generally pretty quiet and reserved (introvert by nature), but I wanted to go against my grain and make an effort on an introduction post.
  • BrunaBruna Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    Hey, there! My name is Bruna, as you can probably guess from my username. I'm 15 and I live in the capital of Brazil, which is not Rio. I'm still in high school and I believe I would be a sophomore if I lived in the US or anywhere else, but here I'm the first year (because we have three years of hs instead of four, blah blah blah). 
    If everything goes right, I will be going to England as an exchange student in nine months, and I will probably stay there until January 2014. So I look forward to meeting some of you when I move!
    I believe I've been a nerdfighter for... a year and a half, now? Maybe a little more. I'm a hufflepuff, I like really trashy horror movies, ice cream and my cat. And... I think that's it? I never know how to describe myself, ugh. 
    by Bruna
  • LeeLee Posts: 5
    Hello! I'm Lee. I'm from Birmingham, England! I'm 22 years old and a very proud Hufflepuff. I have a YouTube channel if you'd like to check that out (clickety click!). I love nerdfighteria, I've been a Nerdfighter since early 2008, sort of around the same time I discovered YouTube. I am also a musician, a huge Evanescence fan and a university graduate :) So hi! Nice to meet you all :)
  • SnowmanSnowman Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Hey sexy ladies, my names John. I'm looking for a girl...

Oops wrong site, erm Hi! My names John (my last name is not green), from England. My intrests include: Sport, politics, history, going onto forums and making an ASSHAT of myself and I also like musicals :)
  • SnowmanSnowman Posts: 86 ✭✭
    ^^^
    Also mis-spelling is a common oacbucrdance
  • dmlandrumdmlandrum Posts: 15
    Bruna said:
    Hey, there! My name is Bruna, as you can probably guess from my username. I'm 15 and I live in the capital of Brazil, which is not Rio.  
    That would be Brasilia, if I'm not mistaken.

I knew someone from there once.
  • MauMau Posts: 39
    Hello! My name is Mauricio, but my friends call me Mau. I am 23 years old and live in Brazil (specifically in Fortaleza).
    Nevermore!
  • schwannaschwanna Posts: 1
    Hello, all! My name is schwanna and I hail from Florida, which is... well, it's Florida. I'm an Aerospace Engineering student who enjoys reading, baking, and the occasional board game, but ONLY if the players eventually break out in an all out war with each other. I used to play the saxophone, which I'm sad to admit, has been gathering dust in my closet since I started my upper division courses. There are special places in my heart for Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I'll take my tea with milk, thank you!
  • lucy1103lucy1103 Posts: 74
    Hello! My name is Lucy, I'm English and I also don't like tea (though I am certainly in favour of some very strong coffee). I love Harry Potter (always...), Sherlock and Buffy, as well as a million other things I won't mention here
    All of the awesome, none of the tea -- Part of The British Non-Tea Drinking Society