Your guide to Badges and Reactions

KasperIsagerKasperIsager CopenhagenPosts: 122 Admin
edited November 2012 in Rules and Support

Badges

Here's a list of all the currently available badges - more will most likely be added soon-ish. Now go get 'em!

Beta Tester

For signing up on the VERY FIRST DAY!

Facebook Connector

That's a pretty easy way to get 10 points...let's see if you can find some others.

Name Dropper

Ah! You figured out that you can use @replies in Nerdfighteria! Well done! Five points!

Photogenic

Little things like uploading a profile picture make the community a better place. Thanks!

Combo Breaker

Earned badges for 5 different things in one day (now you can say it was 6!).

Anniversary

Your first anniversary at the Nerdfighteria forum! THANKS and DFTBA!

Posting Comments

Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray!

Awesome Comments

You received X Awesomes. [Insert awesome stuff here]

Receiving Up Votes

You received X Up Votes. [Insert awesome stuff here]

Reactions

...and here are all the available reactions - use them wisely!

Promote

Moderators have the ability to promote the best posts in the community. This way they can be featured for new visitors.

This reaction adds 5 to a post's score. Users that get this reaction get +3 points.

Vote Up

An up vote is a general approval of a post. Enough up votes will promote a post.

This reaction adds 1 to a post's score. Users that get this reaction get +1 point.

Vote Down

A down vote is a general disapproval of a post. Enough down votes will bury a post.

This reaction subtracts 1 from a post's score. Users that get this reaction get -1 point.

Awesome

Awesome posts amaze you. You want to repeat them to your friends and remember them later.

This reaction adds 1 to a post's score. Users that get this reaction get +1 point.

Spam

Allow your community to report any spam that get's posted so that it can be removed as quickly as possible.

This reaction subtracts 1 from a post's score. Users that get this reaction get -1 point. Posts with 5 reactions will be placed in the spam queue.

Abuse

Report posts that are abusive or violate your terms of service so that they can be alerted to a moderator's attention.

This reaction subtracts 1 from a post's score. Users that get this reaction get -1 point. Posts with 5 reactions will be placed in the moderation queue. Posts will be removed when they get 10 reactions.

Troll

Troll posts are typically trying to elicit a heated argument from other people. Trolls are community poison, making your community a scary place for new members. Troll posts will be buried.

This reaction subtracts 1 from a post's score. Users that get this reaction get -1 point.

by KasperIsager
Front-end Developer at Vanilla Forums Inc. Feel free to @mention me if you have a support matter that requires my attention - otherwise, I'll most likely forget to check up on it! You can also catch me on Twitter @kasperisager or by email at kasper@vanillaforums.com
This discussion has been closed.