Quidditch!

RowenaarrrRowenaarrr Posts: 54 ✭✭
It is a proper sport, I swear! Recently started playing as my uni has a team and it is so much fun. Beater's been my favourite position to play.

Anyone else here who plays?

Comments

• MetzgirlMetzgirl Posts: 7
    I would love to see this. Where is it played?
  • DunyaDunya Posts: 63
    i do. it's so damn hard being seeker but definitely worth it. been playing since my third year - gets me all the babes
    Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta:
    the tip  of  the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap,
    at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta.
  • SeaSwallowedSeaSwallowed Posts: 75 ✭✭
    A friend and I have restarted my school's Quidditch Club this year, although hardly anyone has been showing up recently.  My brother plays in college, too.  He even played in the World Cup V last year!
  • RowenaarrrRowenaarrr Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Metzgirl said:
    I would love to see this. Where is it played?
    Mostly at universities/colleges. There's quite a lot of teams in the US I believe, I'm in the UK and there's more and more teams starting up.
    Dunya said:
    i do. it's so damn hard being seeker but definitely worth it. been playing since my third year - gets me all the babes
    I have no stamina, could never be a seeker!
  • Gabryela09Gabryela09 Posts: 22
    I would love to be a snitch but I live in Spain andi don't knwo if anyone here enven knows how to play quiditch (*rolling eyes* muggles!)
    Is  there any place where I can see some matches?
  • carbarecarloscarbarecarlos Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I've been trying to start a club at my school but I'm so freaking busy!

| Tumblr | Other Tumblr |

| Caroline | USA | Slytherin | Whovian | Sherlockian | Band kid |
    message me any time, seriously, that would be awesome
  • lchurrolchurro Posts: 23
    I'm a quidditch player!! Which teams do you play with? I'm a beater for the UNSW Snapes on a Plane :)
  • RowenaarrrRowenaarrr Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I'm a beater for Norwich Nifflers :D

Snapes on a Plane - brilliant name!
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    if i had attended a university and not a trade college, i probably would've joined a quidditch team. one of my friends sent me the rules of the game her freshman year at university of michigan when she considered joining.
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
  • KinnyKinny Hula Paradise Posts: 233 ✭✭
    I have never played it, but I heard the actress WHO plays thhe role of young Lily Evans in the Deathly Hallows is a really swell player. I'd love to try it... It seems so amusing.
  • XenolillyXenolilly Posts: 44
    I knew that there would be a Quidditch board here. :) I've never played. However, I'd like to try it. I guess I'll have to form my own team. Is there a web site that explains that non-magical version?
  • CauthonCauthon Posts: 4
    Yeah! Go to http://iqaquidditch.com and they have a rule book to download and everything you need to start! I've been following Quidditch for some time now, and finally earlier this year we decided to just make our own stuff and PLAY! So we made hoops and goals and got some brooms and tell you what, it is a LOT harder than you'd think it would be! But it's amazingly fun too. We even got in our university's paper for playing pickup Quidditch all the time haha
  • XenolillyXenolilly Posts: 44
    Thanks so much!
  • KinnyKinny Hula Paradise Posts: 233 ✭✭
    I didn't know there even was a rule book! Well, isn't that amazing? I'm gonna check it right now. Thanks for the Link!
  • emneedscoffeeemneedscoffee Posts: 12
    I wish but nobody in my area will risk anything related to my fangirling with me!!