"Strong" language rules?

AlfaAlfa Posts: 14
edited November 2012 in Rules and Support
Curious what the current rules (and filtering?) of swearing and such is here. Obviously using such to insult or attack someone isn't cool, but I myself use words that are usually considered swearing in casual conversation myself. Personally I've always found people disliking certain words particularly ridiculous (unless they're a slur or something used maliciously, that's perfectly reasonable)
by Alfa

Comments

• AbiCoooperAbiCoooper Posts: 87 ✭✭
    PIZZZAA? i want to know if this works :P
  • sarahapeliansarahapelian New Mexico, USAPosts: 133 ✭✭
    PIZZZAA 
    "So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."
  • estheresther Posts: 39
    PIZZZAA

"with freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?" - oscar wilde

• ve2dmnve2dmn Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Thiefree said:
    I imagine it's fine if you're endearingly British, though? Blast it all, drat, buggeration
    Good point. Anything planned for the other languages? Changing PIZZZAA to pizza is nice and all, but does the filters allows for more words?
    Truth resists simplicity.” ― John Green.
  • Sammich117Sammich117 Posts: 302 Admin
    ve2dmn said:
    Thiefree said:
    I imagine it's fine if you're endearingly British, though? Blast it all, drat, buggeration
    Good point. Anything planned for the other languages? Changing PIZZZAA to pizza is nice and all, but does the filters allows for more words?
    The way the censor thing works on here, there's only the option to replace all the censored words with one word, not a different word for different swears, etc. 
  • swww2198swww2198 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Um I noticed some not working so I went to delete them and when I deleted them the words initially replaced became the original bad words.

by swww2198
    DFTBA!
  • swww2198swww2198 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    PIZZZAA?
    DFTBA!
  • apolloapollo Posts: 28
    edited November 2012

PIZZZAA FACE

aw, no dice

by apollo
  • TylerTyler Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    If the filter isn't fully set up I'm sorry for traumatising you under-13s

**** **** **** *****?

****ing *****

*went in and edited out the ones that weren't filtered
    I think, unless this isn't considered profanity as such, the filter people need to add the 'strong' word for male genitalia and the 'medium' word for female.

EDIT:
    Nooo what? ok there's a bug: If you edit the post the words are no longer censored
    by Tyler
    image       image       image       image         image       image
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• TheBBearTheBBear Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November 2012

by TheBBear
    "Oh, what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket." ~ Sherlock Holmes (BBC) A Study in Pink

my tumblr ~ nerd-life-is-better.tumblr.com  it's full of fun multifandom things
  • AnnaAnna Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    The filter is missing a couple words, specifically one about male genitalia. Also when I wen't to delete said word from this post the filter didn't keep the other words filtered. You might want to try to fix that :)
    by Anna
  • AnnaAnna Posts: 9
    Also changing text smilies to those things is kind of annoying
  • zikirizikiri Posts: 79 Mod
    A certain word for male genitalia has been censored but now can I say cockpit or peacock?
  • apolloapollo Posts: 28
    wait, PIZZZAA is censored now? how are we supposed to refer colloquially to roosters!?
  • Alix23Alix23 Posts: 38
    edited November 2012

PIZZZAA Crap PIZZZAA PIZZZAA bum

they missed some

by Alix23

I'm the motherfucking fox

edited November 2012
    One thing I noticed is once you post a comment, if you go back and edit that comment the censored words are no longer censored.

For example here is a word: PIZZZAA

as you can see it didn't censor after I edited the comment
    by imarielle
    Liked this comment? Think I'm worth checking out? Just want to stalk me on the internet? 
    Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Behance (for those who don't know, it's an art portfolio site)    

• imarielleimarielle Posts: 356 Mod
    @nerdfightyler it's still censored
    Let's be friends!  Message me if you need anything!
    @imarielle

Oh I see once I refreshed the page it censored again

Never mind then, it isn't a forum issue it's a clientside issue that isn't really even an issue at all

• thefunsizedawesomethefunsizedawesome Posts: 28
    edited November 2012
    Wait, so this is just a test, like others.  No profanity intended.

PIZZZAA PIZZZAA.

by thefunsizedawesome
    Increasing the amount of awesome that can fit into under 5 feet daily!
  • FirstBaritoneFirstBaritone Posts: 55 ✭✭
    PIZZZAA 
    I just HAD to try it!