"Strong" language rules?

Comments

• PsychoBabble192PsychoBabble192 Posts: 50
    edited December 2012
    PIZZZAA sorry, curiosity killed the cat.
    by PsychoBabble192

Life is odd. I like life. It's the things inside of it that get me down.

Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought it back.

• echoecho Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, on the "Best of" page, the word PIZZZAA isn't censored for this thread.
    Former enigma, professional echo.
  • JustinSwanJustinSwan Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    If and when the strong language rules are rescinded this is going to be a very, very entertaining thread.
    “But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.” 
    ― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars
  • MaxLexandreMaxLexandre Posts: 1
    Ok
    >:D<
  • HutchHutch Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't the F-bomb be changed to "French the Llama!!"?
  • CharlesLaCourCharlesLaCour Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    OK, I have to test George Carlin's 7 worst words.
    PIZZZAA
    Piss
    PIZZZAA
    PIZZZAA
    Cocksucker
    PIZZZAA
    Tits

OK, it filters 4 out of seven.
    by CharlesLaCour
  • NethernilNethernil Posts: 93
    edited December 2012
    PIZZZAA? Well PIZZZAA me sideways. That's one of my favourite goddamn words. Now what the PIZZZAA am I expected to do? Pretty PIZZZAA if you ask me.
    by Nethernil
    Even in a place as dangerous as Apocalypse World, battlebabes are, well. They’re the ones you should walk away from, eyes down, but you can’t. They’re the ones like the seductive blue crackling light, y’know? You mistake looking at them for falling in love, and you get too close and it’s a zillion volts and your wings burn off like paper.
  • FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    Are common ways to get around swears covered? such as omitting a c or a k in the f word or ! instead of i in a certain word for poop?

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• FoiledFelineFoiledFeline Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    not that i'm implying that i would try to get around the censor but i'm just curious.

crazy, funny, and nerdy, I appreciate bad jokes, nerds, effort, beautiful people and beautiful things. Also I'd appreciate it if somebody could make pokemon real. I would settle for a magikarp (although torchic/blazakin would be best), and I'd pay you more than 500 poke-yen for it.  I would also appreciate a cupcake. message me if you want to talk about stuff cuz chances are I wanna talk about stuff too.

• csnyder133csnyder133 Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    Ok, I have to try it!

PIZZZAA

Sorry if there's any profanity. DFTBA!
    That's awesome!!
    by csnyder133
  • AshemortAshemort Posts: 52

Test, I must do:

PIZZZAA!

"I need to know those people exist."

• forgettingitsthereforgettingitsthere CanadaPosts: 1,512 ✭✭✭
    PIZZZAA

I had to try it :D

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” 

- George R.R. Martin

• FancyTealGiraffeFancyTealGiraffe Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    WHY IS IT NOT CENSORING MY WORDS
    by FancyTealGiraffe

The Fancy Lad of the Last Ones

Check out my YouTube channel here, where I vlog every Monday! :D

• theletterfifteentheletterfifteen Posts: 120 ✭✭
    I'm never going to curse here, but I just want to test this PIZZZAA PIZZZAA.
  • KnyxKnyx Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Lets play a game of find the swear word!  One of these is a real swear, the others are just pizza.

a) PIZZZAA
    b) PIZZZAA
    c) PIZZZAA
    d) PIZZZAA
    A 14 year old male living near Boston who likes hiking, life, learning, and nice people.
  • nargleynargley Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Knyx said:
    Lets play a game of find the swear word!  One of these is a real swear, the others are just pizza.

a) PIZZZAA
    b) PIZZZAA
    c) PIZZZAA
    d) PIZZZAA

I was going to say something along the lines of "PIZZZAA you," but then discovered that when you quote someone's post, you can see the uncensored word, and I can therefore tell you that you lied and that b) is pizza while a), c), and d) are all swears. 

Go buy some soap.
    "The world may be broken, but hope is not crazy."
  • FancyTealGiraffeFancyTealGiraffe Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Sorry, I tested this before, and it didn't work.
    PIZZZAA
    There we go!
    NO
    by FancyTealGiraffe

The Fancy Lad of the Last Ones

Check out my YouTube channel here, where I vlog every Monday! :D

• mitchells00mitchells00 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    As an Australian, it's incredibly alienating when you censor words we use in everyday language, declaring them as 'bad' and 'wrong'; implying that we are somehow wrong for using such words.

Your Pants should be a place where everyone, from every part of the world can come and feel comfortable with who they are and how they communicate with others. There is no place for the imposing of American sensibilities on others; it's not fair and it's not nice, and it forces the rest of us to become someone who we are not (to act more "american" and walk on eggshells).

There is a very clear distinction as to what is vulgar, and what is abusive and mean-spirited; only the latter should be moderated, and only the former will be with a filter.

The US has some bizarre takes on what is "appropriate"; ranging from fears of swearing and nudity, to complacency and acceptance of violence and weaponry; relatively extreme patriotism and nationalism forming a culturally egocentric attitude, to the shift in American mass media to providing mindless, vapid entertainment and gossip in the place of real news and mentally stimulating programming.

There are many things that people from outside the US find offensive and even repulsive (see above), but there is no call for censorship of these things; the point is: we need to learn to get along, rather than impose our own cultural ideas of what is "appropriate" onto others - this includes our ideas of what words are "offensive" and what are not.
    by mitchells00
  • digitalsleepdigitalsleep USAPosts: 73 ✭✭
    Ishmael was a dishwasher. Ahab was a chef. Together they chased after the great white cheese pizza, Moby PIZZZAA.
  • aSnowyEveningaSnowyEvening Posts: 226 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, I want to try a few...

EDIT:  WHOOP!  Broke the rules!  Hidden behind a spoiler to hide from innocent eyes, and so the mods can investigate if they choose!

Fucknuggets

Dickwad

Douchenozzle
    by aSnowyEvening
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering if PIZZZAA will correct to pizza.  testing.  PIZZZAA is one of my favorite things to scream at people who cut me off in traffic or are just being stupid.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup.  it corrects.  Test complete.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
  • ZoggFromBetelgeuseZoggFromBetelgeuse Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if it works with Antarian swear words. For the case it doesn't, I'll put a triple security container around it:

Green slime!
    Mutually brainsucking officials!
    Hydrogen sulfide!
    Expulsion to a hypothetisized penitential plane of reality!
    Blue slime!
    Exchange of bodily fluids for the purpose of reproduction!
    Infrareddish slime!
    Tangled tentacles!
    Yellow slime! 

Edit: Nope, it doesn't. image
    by ZoggFromBetelgeuse
  • themediummacthemediummac NorCalPosts: 27
    I guess I must give this PIZZZAA a go. PIZZZAA.
    I'm mad at everyone to be frank.
  • HollyComstockHollyComstock IrelandPosts: 54 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    It seems I have accepted this challenge on behalf of Green Day's Platypus (I Hate You) lyrics:

"PIZZZAA-head, PIZZZAA-face, PIZZZAA-smoking, Mother-PIZZZAA, Asshole, dirty PIZZZAA, waste of semen, I hope you die."

It seems that saying something like PIZZZAA-head gets censored, while dickhead (no dash) doesn't? 

So just another test:

"Dickhead, Fuckface, Cocksmoking, Motherfucking, Asshole, dirty PIZZZAA, waste of semen, I hope you die."

by HollyComstock
  • AshleighAshleigh Posts: 52
    This explains why I keep seeing PIZZZAA everywhere...
  • digitalsleepdigitalsleep USAPosts: 73 ✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Go to a person's profile.
    Click on "Comments" to see the list of all their posts.
    Find any comment of theirs from this thread (or any post where they've used the word filter)
    You will see the real curse word in the comment preview.

The filter is broken.
    by digitalsleep
  • jeldon_biatchmuffinsjeldon_biatchmuffins Posts: 3
    edited March 2013

by jeldon_biatchmuffins
  • so is the filter broken? Cause PIZZZAA does not seem to be blocked..at least on my last comment. oh PIZZZAA it all

• iSamQuickiSamQuick Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I've got to try this:

PIZZZAA piece of PIZZZAA